Blood Issue took my mom last night

by rwagoner 82 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner
    And maybe leave any firearms at home.

...it's not safe to wear the uniform anywhere without the firearm. We'll see what I wear.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    ...it's not safe to wear the uniform anywhere without the firearm. We'll see what I wear.

Stand proud Rwagoner, I will be with you in spirit, friend. I am very sorry for what you have had to experience.

If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
    even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
    If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
    even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
    --Psalm 139

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

rwagoner

I am tempted to wear my Police Dress Uniform complete with flags and firearms, I know that several of the Police Officers and Fire Fighters that I work with will be there as well.

I'll be thinking of you, while I'm wearing mine. Sorry for your loss.

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family can take ahold of the funeral services, this way it will truely be about your mother and not the JW agenda.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Deepest sympathy.

Wearing your uniform along with your friends will give you a deep sense of family and belonging. To your new life and not your old.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

rwagoner....

very sorry for your loss... and another life lost over a senseless unscriptural policy.

As to wearing or not wearing the uniform to the funeral... good thought pro and con made prior to me. If your fellow officers are going to be there in dress uniform, wear yours proudly. If not, then dont... There is no right or wrong on that one. Just know it will cause a stir if you do... but its not about them its about you and your family. but of course, its your call not ours.... do what makes you happy in a very sad time.

hang in there...you and the family..

Snakes ()

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

R,

I can remember your dad, but not your mom, though I'm sure I would if I had some pictures from back when I was still in.

You have my deepest sympathies.

S4

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

rwagoner

my deepest sympathies.... It is evident how much your mother was loved , and , hell. I know how I felt when I lost my mother , .....

As far as the blood issue goes, I think that we have to give older ones the freedom to live by their faith , even if it is misguided.. How would she have felt if a transfusion had been forced or she had been coerced into accepting it against her heart felt wish? Did she really want to face an operation?

If that was her wish, I feel we must respect it .

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am so sorry you are going through this. The Watchtower organization certainly does have a lot of blood on it's hands.

Condolences to you and your family.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom this way,

deepest sympathy's...

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit