Blood Issue took my mom last night

by rwagoner 82 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

After years of fighting a physical disability that ended in kidney failure and several bouts of respiratory/cardiac arrestmy mom landed in the hospital last week. The Doc's said she needed heart surgery and kidney transplants but before they could operate they need to get her blood count back up. It had fallen well below what her body could naturally restore on its own she she needed transfusions.

She of course refused.

Instead she went home and signed up for hospice and last night at 7:10 pm she died.

She left a husband of 47 years who before last week had never even written a check...He worked and she took care of the house, that was the deal.

She left me, her only child

She left my wife who was the daughter she never had.

She left a Grandson (10) who is trying very hard to understand and a Granddaughter (4) who told me her heart was breaking when I talked to her about it tonight.

Now I have to quietly sat at her memorial at the KH that threw me out almost 25 years ago with all the fake jws acting like they give 2 sh*ts about me. They only visited my mom when they needed a pee break while they were out knockin. I am tempted to wear my Police Dress Uniform complete with flags and firearms, I know that several of the Police Officers and Fire Fighters that I work with will be there as well.

Just a vent....Thanks for listening.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

my sympathies purps

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I am so sorry. I wish I didn't understand completely. Unfortunately... there are far too many of us who understand far too well.

Love and strength to you in this seemingly impossible time.

Love,
    Baba.

• yknot
    yknot

I am soo sorry....yall are in my prayers.

alt

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am very sorry.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I am so sorry.

A dear friend of mine is enduring the same trauma right now. His family member needs heart bypass surgery but her blood count is so low (7-8) that doctors won't do it without a transfusion. She has been deteriorating for about six weeks now. The doctor's had a sit down talk with the family last week and told them that refusing blood was killing her. Yet, they still refuse it. The doctor's are having her moved to hospice to die, since she is refusing treatment.

It's a senseless loss of life, for absolutely no reason. And I believe the WTS will never reverse itself and have "new light" on the blood issue because the families of all of these people may sue them, so they will continue to take innocent lives.

I wish I could be more helpful but I'm so angry right now, watching my friend suffer as he watches his loved one die. He said that, up until now, he had viewed his JW relatives as good people who were just misguided. Now that he sees them standing back and insisting that the doctors allow their mother to die, he doesn't view them so benignly anymore.

How is your father coping?

You truly have my sympathy. I will probably be in your shoes shortly.

Serena

• chickpea
    chickpea

may peace attend you and yours

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I am sorry

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear this, rwagoner. My wife and I send our condolances.

Hubert and wife

• sacolton
    sacolton

I can't even relate to what you must be going through. I can't imagine what I would do if my wife (active JW) needed blood and she refused. The thought of leaving everyone who loves her because of some stupid doctrine. Yeah, I would be furious. My thoughts are with you. I hope you find some peace of mind.

We are here for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit