WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Looks like Governor Rod Blagojevic of Illinois who has vowed to veto any Concealed Carry legislation just got busted for corruption. Ha-ha. Gonna fill out my form tonight!

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I was raised around firearms, my grandfather was a gun dealer. I was taught to respect guns at an early age and to value human life...right from wrong...obey the law.

I have worked in the Law Enforcement field for nearly 26 years and have had a concealed carry permit since I started but only carried off and on.

Two years ago a wacko militia guy in our area refused to pay his taxes and barricaded himself and his followers in his fortess style house for nearly a year. His followers googled all of the Law Enforcement folks involved with his case and posted our names and adrresses online with instruction to "deal with us" if something happened to their leader.

The Police can't be everywhere....at any given moment in our area there is 1 cop on duty for every 3000 people. 911 gets help in minute to a situation that is over in just seconds. When I am asked WHY I carry a gun I tell people that "I carry a gun because it is too heavy to carry a whole cop."

It is my responsibility to lawfully protect myself and my family. Since the militia incident my wife and I are ALWAYS armed and our children know when we tell them to do something it is for their protection and to quickly follow through.

People don't understand that a concealed carry permit is like the ultimate "good guy" ID card. You need to pass a strict background check, mental health questioning, you can't have even a hint of a domestic violence or drug record and in most states you need to pass firearms and self defense law testing. Criminals don't care if you ban handguns. Businesses that put up a No Firearms sign in their window are just saying, "Hey Criminals....we're all unarmed...come rob and kill us !" Why do we have all these school shootings ? Because teachers and students of legal age can't carry firearms to stop the lunatics that show up to harm our kids.

Do you honestly think that the virginia tech shooter would have killed all those people if even one of them had been allowed to legally carry their firearm on campus ?

GUNS are NOT the problem....the liberal criminal justice system that does NOT punish law breakers who ILLEGALLY use firearms is the problem.

• avishai
    avishai

>>>>I have worked in the Law Enforcement field for nearly 26 years and have had a concealed carry permit since I started but only carried off and on.<<<<

And I know SOOO many LEO's that are in favor of concealed carry. Which is Ironic, because the way Gun control advocates put it, you'd think they'd be the ones with the most to lose.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Most of the LEOs I work with want tough enforcement of existing gun laws but they realize that LAW ABIDING gun owners are not the problem. Most folks with carry permits are not looking to play cop, just lawfully protect themselves and their loved ones.

The media and the anti-gunners like to paint all gun owners as wacked out vigilantes but that's simply not the case.

Are there wackos ? Sure.

But there are wackos everywhere. I had a call awhile back...woman's ex...heard she had a new boyfriend...went to her house where she and her two kids were...thinking the boyfriend was there....broke in...no boyfriend...so he raped her...beat her with a baseball bat, breaking ribs, arm and leg...and then....toss lye all over her. Burned her eyes out...terrible chemical burns all over her body....her kids called 911 and you can here the woman screaming in pain in the background.

He used a bat...and lye....available pretty much anywhere. Not a gun

Unfortunately no gun available to the woman of her teenage daughters to prevent this HORRIFIC act. She survived and lives in excruciating pain every day for the rest of her life and he's trying to get off on an insanity plea.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

If you actually read the FBI report on the columbine shooting instead of listening to the idiots in the news you would find out that the main reason that Harris and Klebold picked the school was BECAUSE no one was armed there! They WROTE that in their plans! The first planned to hit a mall but they were concerned that someone might return fire. This is their words, not mine, not the NRA not any other thing! These were sick people looking for NOTHING but the highest body count they could get and they said 'we're going to A location not B location because we might get shot by an armed citizen at location B...'

Oh and also they hated, HATED Marilyn Manson. They said 'his music is for fags,' they were into speed techno.

Moral of the story don't believe everything you read or hear...

• leavingwt
  • leavingwt
  • avishai
    avishai

Good for her.

• 5go
    5go

Being a reformed guns are necessary for freedom, screw business regulations republican wacko in a former life.

I have to say it's time for tighter firearm regulation. Seeing as Greenspan recently saying he was wrong about free market regulating themselves and a large amount of economist sounding the death knell of Friedmanomics. Maybe, a few more gun laws won't hurt the US much at all.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Maybe, a few more gun laws won't hurt the US much at all.

I would love to read about the criminals that will obey the existing and future gun laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit