WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go
    I would love to read about the criminals that will obey the existing and future gun laws.

Criminals are law breakers who break a society's social contract(s), and a society will deal with said criminals. Laws are not meant for criminals. Having a gun does guarantee the some nut won't just go kill people anyway and kill the poorly or well trained gun own who tried to defend himself but was bested by the perps use of body armor. (which did happen in an infamous LA bank robbery where the police couldn't handle the perps who bested them with heavy body armor) Gun laws are not for them. These laws are there to hopefully cease, and or make it official that a behavior is unacceptable. If you want to remain a responsible member of society; you will obey the law. If you don't you are a criminal.

No, law will ever stop all criminals from comiting a crime, neither can the gun in the hand of the law abiding.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Guns are not destroying America

Guns are technology... and technology is neutral

It's STUPIDITY that's destroying America

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I have to say it's time for tighter firearm regulation. Seeing as Greenspan recently saying he was wrong about free market regulating themselves and a large amount of economist sounding the death knell of Friedmanomics. Maybe, a few more gun laws won't hurt the US much at all.

Criminals are law breakers who break a society's social contract(s), and a society will deal with said criminals. Laws are not meant for criminals. Having a gun does guarantee the some nut won't just go kill people anyway and kill the poorly or well trained gun own who tried to defend himself but was bested by the perps use of body armor. (which did happen in an infamous LA bank robbery where the police couldn't handle the perps who bested them with heavy body armor) Gun laws are not for them. These laws are there to hopefully cease, and or make it official that a behavior is unacceptable. If you want to remain a responsible member of society; you will obey the law. If you don't you are a criminal.

No, law will ever stop all criminals from comiting a crime, neither can the gun in the hand of the law abiding.

This is the most brainless piece of tripe I have ever read. But these gun nuts, these extremists, are very dangerous. Look what they did on April 19th

Assault Rifle Confiscation Resisted by Armed Extremists.
    BOSTON (AP)-National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of
    recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements
    of a paramilitary extremist faction. Military and Law enforcement
    officials estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before
    government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared
    that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has
    links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed
    against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the
    group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order
    authorizing
    the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the
    government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed widespread refusal
    by local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage
    issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier
    in
    the week. This decision followed a meeting earlier this month between
    government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the
    forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that
    "none
    of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the
    law
    and turned over their weapons voluntarily."

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of
    outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize
    the
    arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed
    extremists who had been tipped-off regarding the government's plan.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard
    Colonel
    Francis Smith, commander of the government operations, ordered the
    armed
    group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by
    a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange. Ironically, the
    local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for
    the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens
    from
    surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith,
    finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national
    joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor
    has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and
    leading the attack against the government forces. Samuel Adams, Paul
    Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of
    the extremist faction, remain at large.

(The day and month you know, but the year was 1775.)

BTS

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Laws are not meant for criminals.

Then what, pray tell, are gun laws for? The whole point of stricter gun laws is the hope that they will somehow translate to less crime. If the only ones affected are law-abiding citizens, then what is the point?

well trained gun own who tried to defend himself but was bested by the perps use of body armor.

What a rational argument against defending yourself with a gun. Because a criminal breaking into your home is very likely to be wearing body armor.

• avishai
    avishai

>>>>No, law will ever stop all criminals from comiting a crime, neither can the gun in the hand of the law abiding. <<<<

Bullshit!! How the fuck do cops stop criminals? How did that lady in the article stop a rapist from raping her a SECOND time? She shot his ass with a shotgun. And he died. What do you think he was trying to do, come over, break in and apologize and have tea and cookies? There was an angry boyfriend trying to break in a second story window to get and his girlfriend at my old house (I was away, no longer there she'd come to stay with my brother and his family out of fear of the guy, he'd just assaulted her the previous night)First, he tried to break in the bottom apt. that we rented out. Then He climbed on the awning trying to break in and kick his girlfriends ass or worse. There were three toddlers living here at the time, I might add, and we live at least 11 min from ANY law enforcement. My brother caught him trying to break in a window, and having heard the noise, had his gun in one hand and a phone in the other. He said "Man, I can either call in an attempted break in, or a shooting, your call." The guy jumped off and ran. Under the circumstances, w/ babies in the house, I almost think it would have been more prudent for my brother to have shot his ass.

I've been in other situations where guns have saved my life and stopped a criminal from committing a crime. I've also been jumped, beaten within an inch of my life, stabbed, etc. I'll take my chances with a gun in the future (legally, of course) thank you very much. I will not rely on a criminals "judgment" to decide he has beaten, stabbed, or hurt me enough and then leave. Many people in the anti-gun lobby seem to think they will," hey, they just want to rob me and hurt me a little." Sorry, I have a child to raise and support. You risk my life, yours is in serious fucking danger, and I will do what ever it takes within the law to defend myself. You want to assault me, jump me, sucker punch me, you've lost the right to a "fair" fight.

• 5go
    5go
    This is the most brainless piece of tripe I have ever read. But these gun nuts, these extremists, are very dangerous. Look what they did on April 19th

Tell me how would the average concealed gun licencee would have fared in this situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGxkfi2TcM

• 5go
    5go
    How the fuck do cops stop criminals?

I will refer to a british case where several officers were killed by an american who smuggled a gun into the UK. They caught him with investigative skills and Intel that caught him flat footed at his hotel room after he had fled across the country. He registered under a fake name at a hotel and the police caught him fast through a program that americans would cringe at if it was over here.

Seeing as I have brought up the UK my cousin's girl friend was starting to be panicked the other day at several knifings in the big city near by. She is trying to move to the US, so my cousin joked "knifings are the least of your worries in the US".

Heck, the small town I live in has shootings every now and then.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Tell me how would the average concealed gun licencee would have fared in this situation?

A CCW holder that knew how to use his tools and had the right mind set could have radically altered the situation. Resistance with a gun is the best tactic to avoid injury.

Defenders against violent crime. The percentage injured:

12.1% of those that resisted with a gun.

27.3% that did not resist in anyway.

29.6% that resisted with a knife.

52.1% that resisted with bare hands.

BTS

• 5go
    5go
    Tell me how would the average concealed gun licensee would have fared in this situation?

Burn obfuscating to statistics when a direct question about a real world event where trained and body armored police response had a hard time with dealing with the concealed gun carriers ultimate hypothetical dream situation is sadly not very shocking.

If the better trained police are having a hard time with something, I sure as hell don't want some wannabe(s) dealing with it at all. In fact I would like to know only the police and the perps have the guns. So a situation doesn't turn into a three, four, or five way battle and more people end up shot than there needs to be.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can be one of three things: Sheep, Sheepdog or Wolf.

Often, Sheep dislike the Sheepdogs, because they look a lot like the Wolves.

Don't worry. We've got your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit