WHY don't Americans realize GUNS are destroying their country?

by Witness 007 334 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go
    You can be one of three things: Sheep, Sheepdog or Wolf.

Sorry, but that would be over simplifying a complex issue.

There are sheep that like to think they are sheepdogs. (which honestly need psycotherapy and to be kept away from guns) and Then at times there are some of those sheep that act more wolves in sheeps clothing than anything close to a real sheepdog. Then you also have the added complication of having a sheepdog (other sheep) that looks like a wolf and the sheep that thinks he is a sheepdog shoots the sheepdog (other sheep) by mistake.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm glad it's all really simple to me.

• 5go
    5go

Never mind in bad taste.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Well, I guess we've reached a deadend on that particular issue...

What about the Heller decision? Do you agree with it? If not, do you think a future Supreme Court ruling in our lifetime will reverse the Court's decision (Heller) position that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms?

-LWT

• 5go
    5go

What about the Heller decision? Do you agree with it? If not, do you think a future Supreme Court ruling in our lifetime will reverse the Court's decision (Heller) position that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms?

-LWT

Nope, in fact the supreme court did a good job of pointing out why it's not a right in their decision, when they refused to address felons right to carry and limit on what firearms you may posses. They pretty much gave a wide open berth to a future if not the same court over turning their ruling.

The founding fathers had no problem wording the freedoms of speech, press, right of assembly, right of petition and addressment of grievances in the first amendment to then turn around and right a cryptic right to carry in the second. It is pretty much worded to say anyone (white man) may join a militia and fight armed, and well regulated.

• 5go
    5go
    Nope, in fact the supreme court did a good job of pointing out why it's not a right in their decision,

Gun ownership is a privilege, not a right much like a drivers licence. Abuse your privilege, and it will be taken away. The recent Heller ruling reafirmed this view for the most part.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just to be clear, are you saying that (1) you do not believe the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals and (2) the Court will make a decision allowing firearms to be taken from law-abiding individuals?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Personally, I believe the 2nd amendment is very clear. It applies to individuals that are part of a well regulated militia. I also believe that it has become such a hotbutton political issue in this country, that it will never be interpreted that way.

• avishai
    avishai

So, beks, who is the "well regulated militia" in this country?

• beksbks
    beksbks

There ain't one

But that is what it says, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit