Secret Santa Ideas thread

by Angharad 112 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Sad Emo, you got a goat? Do you have a farm or something? Is it a milk goat? How the hell do you giftwrap a goat?

StAnn

• halcyon
    halcyon

I did my first Secret Santa all wrong. Waited too long to send it, didn't wrap it first, and it's not exactly what I wanted to send but I ran out of time because what I really wanted to find is rare and I just couldn't! I won't know if he got it unless he posts here either.

OH! Looks like he posted on the page prior! Yay!

St. Ann, were YOU my Secret Santa? Somehow I suspect you were, based on your card and what you posted here! THANK YOU!! I started a thread earlier that got buried, so I'll say it again, I LOVE IT!!!!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sad Emo, you got a goat? Do you have a farm or something? Is it a milk goat? How the hell do you giftwrap a goat?

StAnn

No animals were harmed during this SS session You'll be relieved to hear that the live one is on its way to a recipient in Africa. I got a small model goat to keep!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yay!!!!! (Phew!)

• StAnn
    StAnn

Halcyon,

Yes, I'm your SS. I thought I put "To Halcyon from StAnn" on the gift tag. Apparently, I didn't, but I've been a bit distracted lately! The holidays really bring out my ADD side!

Yes, I love that CD, and thought I'd never find another copy of it. I'm very glad that you like it.

Happy New Year, too!

Serena

• StAnn
    StAnn

Sad Emo, is your goat to Africa sort of like Heifer International? I used to make a donation every year to Heifer International to buy heifers for families in Africa. I like "practical" gifts like that.

StAnn

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    is your goat to Africa sort of like Heifer International? I used to make a donation every year to Heifer International to buy heifers for families in Africa.

I haven't heard of that one but yes, it sounds the same. My SS, Dagney sent the charity a donation and the charity will arrange the livestock for Africa and has sent me a letter and model goat. You can send allsorts these days - beehives, goats, chickens, camels etc. as well as things like equipment to improve/set up water supplies and sanitation.

Like you, I agree that practical gifts are great - especially if it helps to get a needy family or community set up for life. Its like the saying goes - give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, give him a rod and you feed him for life

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

PEC -----did not get his Christmas Gift.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

me either ......sniff,sniff,....shuffles off to pout .

Card exchange went well though.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Troubled Mind,

Please pm me your home address and I will send you a gift

I think your return address was on the box your gift came in but is now has probably been taken to the burn pile.

I want to do that, please.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit