Secret Santa Ideas thread

by Angharad 112 Replies latest jw friends

• halcyon
    halcyon

No tree for me yet this year either, so probably no ornaments unless it's something I can put away for next year when I'm hoping to have one.
    And please, nothing scented. Unless it's 100% natural and aromatic spice based ... i.e. cinnamon=good, clove=good, vanilla=bad, apple=bad.

I would be happy with anything, but if you'd like to get to know me just a little bit first, I like:

anything unique to your area
    nautical theme
    classical music
    Christmas music that particularly moves you, or the CD you listen to all season long
    Theatre
    History (except for wars)
    something you're skilled at making
    little sculptures or something you can set on a mantle or bookshelf
    coffee mugs or teacups
    picture frames

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

dark chocolate, something unique from your area, home made cookies?

• free2think
    free2think

The new Beyonce CD please.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Anything you made yourself. Or something that was made in your local area. I'd particularly love a handwritten story of something meaningful that happened in your life, written on nice paper, or a handwritten original poem or song. Anything for my Christmas tree, which is traditional.

I hate purple and I hate country music. I love to read biographies and history. I love to sing so I listen to classical music and jazz. Absolutely love Bach.

Otherwise, I love everything.

Serena

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt

give your prospective Secret Santa an idea or two

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry I'm running late with this, I will try and start sending out PMs tonight

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Got my name!!! :)

Remember, if you don't give me any ideas of what you want, you'll recieve JW literature for Christmas. If you don't believe I follow through, just ask FreedomFrog. She got a nice Revelation book a couple years ago.

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you have my name .Please just a card....

I have such a small place.no room for anything at all.I have everything I need ,,,,,,,Unless you can wrap up my JW kid & grandkid & send them

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's a definitive (and massive) list of stuff that will make me happy! I'd also like to note that I'm cool with used stuff.

First, the easy stuff:

The easiest way to make me happy is to send me a USB Flash Drive (any size). Blank CDs are cool too!

Also, anything I can write about on my blog would be cool. If you have a REALLY TERRIBLE music album or video kicking around - especially things like bad singing, awful Christian music, terrible Christmas albums, rediculous novelties, it would make great blog fodder. I have the ability to transfer just about any format of audio and video, so don't worry if you have an 8-track tape or a U-Matic videocassette, I can play it. If you need examples of stuff I write about, go here: http://classicalgasemissions.blogspot.com - you will be credited with your submission!

If you're still stuck, picking something from my wishlist works:

DVD Videos of any classic rock bands with the EXCEPTIONS of: Pink Floyd, Kiss, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, T. Rex, Meatloaf, Blue Oyster Cult, Spinal Tap, The Clash.

I also like video documentaries of bands. I don't have any of those.

My collection is quite small right now, so you're likely to get a good hit. But if you need some hints, Alice Cooper, Nightwish, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, etc.

Other DVDs: Any Charlie Brown & Snoopy DVDs ESPECIALLY Flashbeagle

CDs I want (some are a bit hard to find)

Alexa - Alexa (self-titled with songs Wanderlust, A Cry Away)
    Billy Idol - Vital Idol
    Kix - Kix
    Kix - Live
    Kix - Midnight Dynamite
    Knack - Get The Knack
    Pat Benatar - Best Shots
    Saigon Kick - Greatest Hits Live
    Jack Off Jill (any album)
    Nightwish - Century Child
    Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl
    Sex Pistols - The Great Rock n Roll Swindle
    Sweet - Give Us A Wink
    Trixter - Hear!
    T. Rex - Self-titled (aka Brown Album with songs The Wizard & Jewel)
    T. Rex - Bolan's Zip Gun
    The Ventures - (any album or compilation)
    Thunder (any album)
    Weird Al Yankovic - Self-titled (with I Love Rocky Road, Mr. Frump, Gotta Boogie)
    Weird Al Yankovic - In 3-D
    Weird Al Yankovic - Dare to Be Stupid
    Weird Al Yankovic - Polka Party!
    Weird Al Yankovic - UHF - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff (I already own the movie)
    Yes - 90125

Other cool junk you might have laying around in the basement or attic:

Classic rock 8-tracks (and any 8-tracks from the 1980s)
    Fisher Price PXL-2000 Video Camera (kids toy)
    Pocket Rockers
    Playtapes (both tapes and player)
    Chia Pet (I don't need the seeds, just the pet)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit