Disfellowshiped Last Night - Elder Question

by johnnyc 91 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Johnnyc posted this om 3/9:

johnnycRe: About me

Post 1 of 76
    since 08-Mar-08

Just tell them the problems you have with JW's...and perhaps they have some answers. Don't get caught up with everything you see here. I am not a JW, yet I know there does not exist great truth somewhere else. Sure, I have some major problems with certain things about JW's, but I just can't help looking at the little things they do. You have to make the decision on your own though, and if its not for you, its not for you. Its not for me now either - but yet there is something that keeps me from cutting all connections.

Here he says he is not a JW. Yes now he is saying that he is appealing disfellowshipping action against him. Care to do some explaining johnnyc?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

JohnnyC comes off as being weak intellectually and weak on morals and integrity.

My advise JohnnyC would be to not read anything from those uneducated buffoons that write the Watchtower magazines

and get your self a real education.

Intellectual growth spawns maturity, ignorance spawns nothing but ignorance.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Johnny you ask where to go? There is no where in this world you will find all the answers . As for being an atheist, It is not for me. I see all of the Creators wonderful creation, ( even today I am stuck in with one of them I dont like>SNOW)
    My advice to you would be keep on praying for wisdom.... Ask the Creator of the Heaven & earth to guide ,lead, & direct you. Dont stop speaking to GOD!!!
    I can understand why folks become Atheists after leaving a cult. But I watched the horrible goings on in the last days of Jones Town TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!!!! But the survivors > yes they went on a wrong road for awhile ---but eventually became SPIRITUAL!!!! Not religious SPIRITUAL>>> Since I am granny on here I thought I would add my opinion.... You must know how it is with elders?BOSSY!!!!In the WT or out of it

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

isaacaustin: You are something else. You go to all this trouble to find some sort of "dirt" or inconstancy with that I said - yet, your problem is that I have been very consistent. In March, when I wrote that old post, I was completely inactive and did not consider myself a JW - as you probably know, someone inactive should not refer to themselves as a JW. In your accusation, you completely ignore that I said I had yet to cut all ties completely - WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS??? Recently, I started coming back to meetings and then decided to clear some things up with the elders, which resulted in their decision to DF me - though I have said I am appealing that decision. This is a perfect illustration of your method of trying to prove something - reading into things with only negative slants.

For the record, I am not another person poising as johnnyc. I've even spoke to people here on the phone, and if you need further proof - I will provide.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I've only read a few of your posts Johnny, but my question to you would be why are you here? Apparently you've decided that there is nowhere else for you to go but to the JW's, so why in the world would you continue to argue with a group of people who adamantly oppose that option?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jonnyc,

Who really gives a shit what anyone else thinks. You know the truth.

So on to what really matters - are you still considering going back?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Since your other thread was locked, I'll post the same reply here in case you wish to reply.

I think both Johnny and Reniaa are probably legit. Like many folks on the way IN, or OUT of WT-world, they have questions/opinions/doubts about religion and the WT Society in particular. And this is as good a place as any to debate those issues.

I seriously doubt that any of arguments put up by Reniaa and Johnny C over the past few months are persuasive enough to make ANYBODY go running back to the organization. In fact, quite the contrary in my own case. Their arguments, IMHO, are just plain weak and only confirmed why I left altogether.

I was a 15 year JW until just recently. I left the JW faith based on an intense, sincere, honest and thorough examination of the entire range of facts as they truly are. I looked at ALL SIDES OF THE ISSUES.

My exact reasons for leaving and story out can be found here: http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/922/t/Letter-of-disassociation.html

I did not want to leave the WT Society. I raised all my kids as JW's. I was married to a JW. All of our employees were JW. I was a very busy elder with many responsibilities, enormous respect and numerous friends. I did not want to leave or go looking for critical info. IT FOUND ME.

But facts are facts here folks. The JW's have had more mistakes, flip-flops, false predictions, medical disasters, blinking lights, wacky teachings and TOTAL EMBARRASSMENTS than any single religion during the past 100 years.

TAKE A LOOK:

http://www1.tip.nl/~t661020/wtcitaten/part1.htm

One whiff of that bad boy tells it like it is for most reasonable, thinking people.

Jehovah was never behind these sorry teachings that were forced on JW's at risk of being DF'd and losing everything you know.

Did God say Organ Transplants were same as "Cannibalism" in 1968?

Did God then change his mind in 1980 and now say organ transplants are okay to have?

Did God offer bad food back then?

Did God change his mind on Alternative service, Vaccinations, blood and fractions, rape rules, homosexuality and bestiality not breaking the marriage ties too?

I could list hundreds, even THOUSANDS of things similar.

Did God say the end would come in 1914, 1925, 1975, before the year 2000 and before the generation that was born in 1914 died out?

Was God responsible for all those sorry teachings, IN WRITING, found throughout the WT Society literature for over 100 years?

Was God behind Beth-Sarim too? What another sorry joke that was too.

Or is the simple truth that a group of MEN from New York City are the ones behind all those sorry things that they got wrong again and again yet demanded complete obedience along the way?

All these things that JW's said were "Food from God" WERE WRONG THE MINUTE THE CAME OFF THE PRESSES.

God was not behind any of it and the evidence proves he never chose the JW's for anything.

The only people that say God has chosen JW's are JW's themselves. Not very convincing here folks.

Sure the apostles made mistakes just like people today make mistakes.

But when the disciples wrongly thought that Kingdom Rule was about to begin they ASKED JESUS ABOUT IT... and he corrected them.

They did not PUBLISH THOSE WRONG BELIEFS as JW's have done again and again.

If they did then the bible would not be anything more than some good book to most folks today.

If the bible writers had the same sorry history as the JW's do today then all credibility that God is behind the bible writers would be shot down in flames.

The printed page tells it like it is.

http://www1.tip.nl/~t661020/wtcitaten/part1.htm

And despite this sorry list of embarrassments, that is the JW's BABY FOR LIFE, they say that everybody must now become JW or be DOOMED TO DESTRUCTION.

And this thread proves why the JW's ARE WRONG ON BLOOD TODAY, 11-2008!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/150613/1.ashx

Sorry folks, but WT world is not anything but another controlling religious institution that makes great boasts and claims about themselves.

And nothing posted by Reniaa or Johnny C has changed one single thing. In fact has only confirmed what most of us have already come to find out on our own. The WT Society is not God's anything.

The FACTS really do tell it like it is. Sorry.

Vinny

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

Vinny: Thanks for your thoughts. You know, I started the other thread to talk about one thing specifically, and that was whether or not the GB was deliberate in their mistakes or just wrong - thats it. I started from the point of stating that I realize the WTBTS has been wrong. I was not even meaning to talk about whether they were God's agent or not. I found myself arguing against unbridled rage (with a couple people only). In reality, many agreed that the GB was simply mistaken - but a couple people held firm to the fact they are exercising mind control. Which is fine if they want to have that opinion - but they seemed to be angered others agreed with me, and that I admittedly held my ground that if they had employed this "mind control", it would be truly known by now. Then, true to their stereotype, a couple members started making crazy claims of conspiracy and made misquotes of my statements trying to defame me. The reason I am saying all this, is because if they were making such good reasoning points, I doubt they would have resorted to such tactics. Regardless of your opinion, their actions show I struck a nerve.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

johnnyc,

I see not a troublemaker, but a tortured soul. Conflicted about the right path, and trying to work it out on a discussion board populated by people who have eliminated at least one spiritual path for sure - JW's. You think that if you could only convince us about the WTS being right, then you're vindicated. It will never, ever happen, not in a hundred years. There. Now you know.

How's your architectural career going?

• halcyon
    halcyon

>The reason I am saying all this, is because if they were making such good reasoning points, I doubt they would have resorted to such tactics. Regardless of your opinion, their actions show I struck a nerve.

naah. It just shows that a wide variety of people post on an internet forum. Some are deep thinking, calm people who won't speak unless they've thought out logical, rational arguments; others are fiery passionate people who are driven by deep emotion. Surely you know such a wide variety of people in your daily life.

People are people wherever you go. If everyone had the same reactions, I'd be very skeptical of what was behind it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit