Disfellowshiped Last Night - Elder Question

by johnnyc 91 Replies latest jw experiences

• LDH
    LDH

Why, oh why! would you even consider reporting yourself to the elders? Just a few visits to this site you must have seen what has happened to others who confessed - even to past 'sins'.

Because somewhere....deep in the back of his brain, he can't get over the programming job they've done on him.

Am I right, John?

Since when did Jesus require anyone to apologize for sinning? All he asked was that they don't do it again. yet, humans want to burden you with coming to meeting for MONTHS, appearing penitent, and begging for forgiveness.

It's your call buddy.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

FRICKIN AWFUL

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

quandry:

In your first post you said this:

I am not a JW, yet I know there does not exist great truth somewhere else.

How were you df'd if are not a JW? If you were, why did you tell us you were not?

i went back and looked at that quandry... johnnyc (aka JC?)..... technically, any JW that has not been active or attended meetings more than 6 months (and definitely more than a year) is technically not a JW...because the definition of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is to Witness about Jehovah WTBTS/FDS/GB (and go to those endless meetings). So I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses either quandry...yet...I am on the hook for their rules in their eyes..if they ever figured out I was an apostate, they would DF me with or without my cooperation. I will take what JC is saying at face value..that when he posted 8 months ago that he was not a JW, that is true.... but in the WTBTS eyes, he will always be a JW until they decide he is not anymore... Snakes ()

• Quandry
    Quandry

So I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses either quandry...yet...I am on the hook for their rules in their eyes..if they ever figured out I was an apostate, they would DF me with or without my cooperation.

O.K.-by that definition I am not either, and would also be DF'd for apostacy.....

It is sad, Johnnyc, that you came to them with your "sin" as advised in the Bible..."Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah and the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

It doesn't say, "Let him call the older men, and they will riddle him with guilt for being ill, knock him down, tell him he doesn't seem "sorry" enough, and let everyone know that he is to be treated as if he is dead-even to God-until such time as we say."

Many of us on this forum never thought the WTS would treat people this way, until it happened to us personally...

• sir82
    sir82
    Keep in mind, that according to WTS legalism, the appeal committee is not concerned if you are repentant NOW, they are concerned if you were repentant during the JC. They don't give a shit if you cry your eyes out now and say you are repentant now...

A lot of times, the appeals committee doesn't even care if you were repentant then (during the original JC meeting). They look for technical or procedural errors of the original committee (not 2 witnesses, no 'scriptural' reason for DF, etc.). If the original committee did things "by the book", the original decision is upheld.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

What?? That is unbelievable. Their reasoning makes no sense in any universe. Do yourself a favor and stay away from those crazy ass Jo Ho’s. I was in for 50 years and can’t believe I essentially wasted my life. www.isnrblog.com

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Dont loose your dignity by going through the embarrassing humiliation of a full years of meeting attendance, just to be R/Ied, fade away , and if further contact is made by the BOE's tell them they suck, and to get away from me,suckers!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Johnnyc - Looks like no posts from you since starting this thread. Are you OK?

I hope you realize that even though some of us may not agree with your decision to report and/or confess, we do appreciate that you have to do what's right for you. Many here can and will provide suggestions and support during this phase of your involvement and life.

How are you doing?

-Aude.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Has it been announced to the congregation yet?

If not, make sure to appeal it before the 7 days is up like Snakes said.

But the only way it's going to be overturned is if they didn't play by "The Book". (The Flock Book, that is.)

From what you described, you admitted to a "gross sin", so the need for two witnesses is covered by the elders themselves.

So, unless you can tell us where the elders didn't follow "The Book", your best shot at a speedy reinstatement is to totally kiss up, attend ALL the meetings and show ZERO bad attitude.

God I LOVE this religion.

om

• cjones
    cjones

The WTBTS says "only willful, unrepentant sinners are DF'd". If you have to be DF'd to show your repentance, than that statement is not true. Any other thoughts? Johhny

Johnny, I do not understand!?! why don't you simply pray to God and tell Him that you are repentant of your sins and ask HIM for forgiveness????? for HE is the ONLY one that knows what is in your heart. The elders are not the mediators for God. I am not a JW, however my husband is (for the past 2 1/2 years and prior to my meeting him) so I am familiar with their rules and reg's, however I am a christian and I know that we are all sinners, whether in thought or by actions, and that is why everyday when I pray I thank HIM for the forgiveness of my many sins and the salvation of my soul, amen. I do not have to confess and be punished by my pastor. I deal directly with HIM, and that my friend is how it should be, IMHO.

Pls think carefully about going back, I recommend that you read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, it is very revealing.

God bless,

cjones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit