I am scared for my life. Problems with punks.

by SnakesInTheTower 127 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Those of us that have lived in foreign countries, developing countries, learned about different cultures, and not about just the food. My guess is that AwakenedAtGilead wlll agree with me on this one. In some cultures, it is not a big deal to kill someone. When I was in my assignment, I remember so many times seeing people shot and killed over nothing. I remember a German woman who had a store in the country I was in. Very unusual, not many foreigners there in that country. But she had a nice chain of stores. A young man stole from her, and she had him arrested. He got out on bail and then went into her store and shot her in the head. They showed her body on the News. (In those countries, the television news does not censor, and they don't cover the bodies with a sheet.)

People are giving you advice about getting a gun. How can you GUARANTEE that you will perfectly use that gun when he comes onto your property again? Or you take a martial arts class and then he pulls out a gun? How do you know he is not on drugs, is not mentally ill, or both?

What about his friends? What if you beat him up good, then what? Or you kill him, and then you have to go to court and fight for what you did. Do you really want to go through that? Will you be able to justify that your life was in danger? His family and friends will come after you, and you will be freaking out for a long time, no matter what happens. Or worse.

If that man had grown up to parents that taught him to respect others, he would not be like this. But apparently he was not raised that way. He enjoys tormenting people, and may go farther than that if given the chance.

What is it worth to you, Snakes? It is not fun to be humiliated, I have been in that situation with a gun to my head, or a knife in my side many times. And other times I was just threatened. The locals taught me how to deal with it. They said, "When they pull a gun or knife on you, or threaten you, then ask them what dance they want you to do. Ask them if they want you to sing a song. In other words, keep it light, and give them what they want. Your life is more important."

My friend had a gun pulled on him once also, they asked for his car keys. He laughed and he said, "Ok, you got me, I wasnt paying attention. Here are the keys." They left. Later that same man was arrested for murder.

Your life is not a movie, don't dramatize it. Be smart.

Don't do it Snakes, don't fall into the trap. You will pay for it worse than you think. It's not worth it.

BF

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Just leave the guy in peace and he'll leave you in peace. He could tell you hated his guts the minute he moved in. He's not stupid. Then you report his cars, complain to the landlord, send him to court with the city. And you called the cops on him.

Of course he wants to kick your ass.

Duh.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snakes..Just Reread your thread.....He`s pissed with you because you`ve been "Harassing him"!..LOL!!.....He has shitty vehicles in his own yard..So What?.....He uses your driveway to turn around..So what?..My neighbour`s did it all the time..It was convenient for them.....You called the Cops and the City on him?..LOL!!!!..Then cry Victim??!!............You brought this on yourself.....Go make peace with the man and stop harassing him!..LOL!!.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that the neighbor's actions, especially the physical threats, are justified.

I'm just saying I'm not at all surprised that the guy is pissed off.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I think Ip_SEC and Satanus have the best advice, for YOU. All the advice given here is good for varying situations. Don't get a restraining order; the neighbor is already the type to ignore that anyway, and I agree it would only serve to provoke. I'd usually say get a concealed weapon and learn to use it well, but again in this situation that will not do you good: only serve to make YOU a criminal and if you can't use it swiftly and deliberately when needed, it will only serve to endanger YOU. You already know that moving is the best option, but untill then, I would try to not interact with him in ANY way possible, and even that can set this type of character off. Goodness or kindness can not be shown to this type of animal, he will see it as weekness, and"guilt" for whatever perceived insult you have given him. My thoughts are with you, I pray for your safety.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I have an ongoing complaint with the slumlord that owns the property and the city is taking him to court for derelict vehicles next week (which I anonymously complained about, but I am sure I am being blamed for).

First of all, never assume police will protect your anonymity. I made that mistake once. As soon as the cops got their conviction, the arresting officer crossed the courtroom floor and told the defendent the source of his tip. I'll never trust a cop again.

If you're not mentally prepared to kill and perhaps go to prison, don't wave a gun around. Don't even buy one. In such a situation everybody loses. Even in a best case scenario, you'll still have to live with yourself. Once that line is crossed you'll never be the same person again. The image of his face will be imprinted in your mind for the rest of your life, and you'll see it every day.

Is he really worth it?

Maybe it's time to find a better neighbourhood.

W

• restrangled
    restrangled

Snakes I really feel for you.

All the neighbors on my street fought with a threatening, insane lunatic for 15 years, we went through the courts, police, etc., he finally went to jail for 3 years. He's back home now but has not been seen for a long time. It took the joy out of living from me and other homeowners for a long time. Your home should be a place of peace and a rest place from the out side world. To be fearing retribution from a neighbor is a sickening thing.

If you can't afford to move, and I don't think you should have to pay for a fence, will your landlord allow a dog under this situation? A gun I don't think is an option and cannot be used unless some one actually crosses through your front door. You can't listen/watch for him 24/7 especially if he decides to get high and does something foolish in the middle of the night.

Go adopt a Doberman from your local shelter. They are inside dogs, they don't eat huge amount and are naturally very protective. They know where the property line ends and had you had one with you, I guarantee that kid would not have so much crossed the property line much less get in your face. If you can adopt one, believe me, they relieve much anxiety. Keep them on a leash at all times and licensed with your county....about $5.00 a year. Had that guy stepped onto your property and been bitten, it would have been his fault. Take him with you every time you go outside, but never leave them chained up alone. They are family dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EACkIN2rj4o&NR=1

Just another idea.

r.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

You are in a bad situation and I feel for you. I also agree that you need to get a gun and use it if necessary.

Now I know I will be vilified for my following comment but I don't give a good $hite! I may even be deleted from JWD....but again.....I don't give a $hite.

There are black people and there are niggers. A nigger can be of any color and blacks will be the first to tell you this. At least in my neighborhood, those of us looking out for each other (black and white) understand what this is about.

You can take a nigger out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the nigger. Just look at professional sports. They have no idea what decency and respect is. Again.....this is for any color!

Fight fire with fire. I live in a neighborhood that is going the same way but my black friends know that I am a good man who doesn't play games and won't take any crap from any punk of any color....and they let it be known to the "gang bangahs" that I should not be messed with. We watch each others back.

I don't look at color when it comes to living peacefully, and I have many friends......white and black. In my neighborhood, we all get along and won't tolerate the kind of BS you are putting up with and that which I have mentioned above.

HappyDad

• restrangled
    restrangled

Happy Dad,

Guns can get you into a terrible amount of trouble and be used against you if you don't know what you're doing.

Guns can only be used if someone comes through your front door in most states.

When we were being threatened the county police suggested I sleep with a sawed off shot gun....I didn't have a clue how to hold a gun, what sawed off meant, and sleep with one? He also warned me not to ever repeat him in public and to never use the gun unless the "someone" broke into our home, etc. etc.

Nothing like a good old fashioned family guard dog to take care of business....no guns needed.

r.

I still suggest he adopts a Doberman.....no guns needed.

r.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Gotta love the state of Texas and it's Concealed Handgun laws.

People don't pull that crap around here 'cause they know you might be pack'in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit