Since you on the right won't answer this question. Abortion

by dawg 148 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"I personally believe that life begins at conception. That being said....I do NOT feel I have the right to tell someone else what to do. So where, I do not agree with abortion, I would not push my views on anyone else."

If you do the crime, you have to do the time.

Take care,

Ismael

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A fundamental problem that I have with the life-begins-at-conception viewpoint is the difficulty of reconciling that notion with a idea of a loving Creator. What do I mean by that?

Approximately half of all fertilized embryos are spontaneously aborted before the mother even knows she's pregnant (involuntary, not the voluntary kind you get at planned parenthood) .

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001488.htm

http://www.medicinenet.com/miscarriage/article.htm

On top of that, 10% off all known pregnancies terminate in miscarriages.

From my experience, most adamant pro-lifers feel that way because of their religious beliefs. But why would their loving God allow more than half of all human beings to die before they're even born? It doesn't make sense to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe at conception, you have the beginning of a human being.

I do not believe in making reproductive choices and decisions for other people.

If you believe in resurrection, then you believe these babies will come back. And it sounds like life will be better for them in your idea of heaven. Have some faith in your god that at some point, all things will be reconciled. Men should not be making these decisions for women unless they are prepared to provide for the woman and the child til the ends of their lives.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice....and I've wondered about frozen embryo's.

lisa

• Zico
    Zico

Have those in favour of banning abortion outlined what the punishment will be for the women who then commit this "crime"?

• dawg
    dawg

Good question Zico....

Never ending Journey said this...

"From my experience, most adamant pro-lifers feel that way because of their religious beliefs. But why would their loving God allow more than half of all human beings to die before they're even born? It doesn't make sense to me".

And I think some of the views reflected here are based on this.. But they've quit commenting since I wanted to nail them down on this...

I'd also like to hear Zico's question answered.

• yknot
    yknot
    I'd also like to hear Zico's question answered.

In theory that should be determined by the individual state.

• dawg
    dawg

How does a "State" come up with such a law? By Democracy?

I hope not!.

• HappyDad
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

"I'm not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice....and I've wondered about frozen embryo's. "

Exactly Lisa. I say it's a choice, but my choice is life. Others may choose different. And they should be allowed to do so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit