by cameo-d 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Practice safe internet;)

S

Si.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    we will be offline until Friday when we'll be able to pay the phone bill and get everything turned back on.

Perhaps this venture is under-capitalized?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I found this in a post by Quietly Leaving:

I think a troll means someone who isn't who they say they are - you disappeared for a couple of days but then wha happened came on and said you were moving house. Anyway please forget it - I guess I'm being pararnoid.

By the way, I was just now able to get computer back...partly. After my last post, the system tray disappeared. When I logged off JWD my scrren disappeared. Just that green hill and blue sky left. No "start" no files....nothing on my screen. I pushed button to turn it off and it would not even turn OFF! I had to unplug everything.

Then I disconnected cable box from computer for awhile.

Within 60 seconds of logging on this site, my system tray has disappeared again, so I know my screen will be blank.

I don't even know if this post will make it through.

I NEVER joined mama6 site. All I ever did was click a link that was on a conversation here at JWD. And within 30-45 seconds had a big warning from AVG pop up. I never clicked an ad. I had no other windows open at the time.

Yesterday I went through hours of scans and checking out the viruses and trojans. And trying to get rid of them.

I have AVG and did have outdated Spybot.

Yesterday, I figured out how to remove the outdated spybot and download the 6. Maybe it was already too late.

Then, when I was typing my last post, the letters on the page would stop. Sometimes, maybe 20 seconds later, what I typed would finally appear, but then sometimes not. So whatever this is must be affecting keystrokes as well.

I don't know how to fix this. How is it that there is not some security on the website from the server for JWD so this kind of crap won't come through?

I have never in 8 years of having a computer had something this ILL happen. And I have surfed deep water!

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It won't let me edit.

I wanted to add, Beks disagrees:

By the way, the "moving" she mentioned, was moving to a pay site, so there would be no more popups. Not moving her family to a new home

By the above caption in my previous post, if what you say is true,Beks, it was certainly not clarified to be "site move".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    we will be offline until Friday when we'll be able to pay the phone bill and get everything turned back on.

Sounds more like a manipulation to get some money.

"get everything turned back on."??????

Need some STERNO...TREVOR???

• Satanus
    Satanus

Were you ever a jw, cameo-d?

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe we all just need to be a little bit more careful when something looks too good to be true.

It usually is.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How did you find out you had the virus? Or the Trojan horses?

A big window came up from AVG announcing a THREAT. Then I clicked "heal" then it said it could not be healed...so I locked it in the vault.

I clicked on a link that someone had posted here, and looked at a couple of pages before exiting. I did not see this pop up, but can you get this virus just by accessing that website?

That is EXACTLY how I got it! That is exactly what I did. It was a link from a line of conversation here.

I'm running a full virus scan just to be sure.

Big Tex.....let me know what you find out.

Right now, my system tray is gone and my screen beneath this is gone. Just the picture of the green grass is all that's left. The icons for my folders and download features are gone.

I am very upset because I know this is going to cost me to have it fixed because I don't know how.

I have never had anything like this happen in 8 years of running my computer.

There is no way to shut it off but to unplug it like I did before.

Yes, I am mad about it.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I joined and have went on their site a few times but had no virus problem. I have Kapersky and its great in detecting viruses, it squawks really loud when it detects anything. It might have been the popups that had the virus???

Velvet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit