Warning: Mama6 website VIRUS

by cameo-d 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have AVAST, which I highly recommend. Recently when I clicked on the JWS link, Avast warned me of a virus. I shut down the browser and ran a virus scan. No virus, no trojan horses, Avast caught the virus and prevented it from installing itself. Haven't had any other trouble on the new site, and have enjoyed posting over there. By the way, and to put things in perspective, I have gotten a virus from JWD more than once, just ran a virus scan and cleaned it out. You can get a virus all sorts of ways, it's good to have a really good virus program. I do not believe Norton is a good virus program. I tried several, including Trend PC-cillin, which was too fussy to work easily, and I like Avast.

It sounds as though Amamma's heart is bigger than her pocketbook. I hope the site works out - I like it better than the others I have checked out.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes we do! Don't worry woman!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I think that we can get a little paranoid around here

<<<looks around nervously>>>

Try not to let it bother you.

I signed up for your forum the other day and haven't heard anything back.

Hopefully I can get it cleared up and figured out soon as I had gone to your site quite a few times and really liked what I saw.

Sorry you're having problems so soon.

I houseclean for a gentleman who knows tons about computers and he has the excellent framed quote:

To err is human
    To foul things up takes a computer

have a good night

• amama2six
    amama2six

I'm sorry BlackSwan...you probably signed up when I was REALLY new and was just hitting "Approve" instead of "Approve and send email". Although it appears I saved you from getting any viruses by doing that! :D We're pop-up free, now, and that was what was causing the viruses. Nobody has reported any issues (aside from ones they already had from before the pop-ups were taken down) so it's good to go now.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You have a PM, amama.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Jeff, I almost clicked on one myself because they were full-page ads and had a red X that looked like it was to click off the ad when you were really clicking ON IT. :mad: I quickly learned to just refresh my whole page and the pop-up would go away. My husband didn't get any on his military laptop...must have better anti-virus software on it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Amama

You have 6 kids, now. Get ready to have a whole bunch more;)

S

• amama2six
    amama2six

LOL Satanus I hope you're referring to JWS! :P

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup;) We can be such kids, sometimes.

S

• amama2six
    amama2six

Oh boy...what did I just undertake??? :O :D

Share this