Warning: Mama6 website VIRUS

by cameo-d 100 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Switch's computer got whacked with a virus from that site. Pissed me off. Avira AV stopped it on my computer. I didn't click on the any of the full-page popups. There was some pretty hard-core nastyness going on there though.

I know some of you want to help, but why not leave this website hosting thing to people who know what they're doing?

• free2think
    free2think

I have Kasperinsky security but my computer crashed within 1 hour of logging on. The confirmation e-mail from amama's site was marked as being a danger by my security package but I opened it anyway

• free2think
    free2think

oops can't edit my post - that should have read Kaspersky internet security

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe Question.....if you don't use anti-virus software then how do you know you don't have any viruses...not all viruses lock down your machine...many just sit there and send out personal data(trojans) without your knowledge, others just use peoples PC's as kinda a gate hop to keep theirs from being identified without any damage whatsoever to your PC such as writing over your hard drive etc. and no not all viruses will show up as a process when you hit control-alt-delete either..

Just curious is all...and I agree most anti-viruses are memory hogs and slow down comps really bad.

I download a free antivirus about once a year, when I think I might have gotten one. Usually AVG or Microsoft, and I do a full system scan. I've yet to show any viruses doing this. When I've done the scan, I delete the program. I have everything important backed up to an extermal hard drive. I use a little common sense when browsing. Really folks, the anti spyware people have you conditioned to buy their products. They're not needed if you have a little common sense.

Furthermore, I have a firewall that I keep turned on. I don't download free software unless it was recommended by someone I know and I always read the user agreements. If they want to install other programs, they get the boot. I don't download smiley software, and I never add toolbars to my browser.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It may be a matter of time JD. Not all viruses/trojans are created the same way.

YES. Security programs do slow down your PC. NOD32 is great if you want performance.

• wednesday
    wednesday

john doe

fire fox is different than IE.

anyone who takes IE out on the net unprotected can be infected within minutes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

WAC, the conspiracy theory guy, I'm surprised you can't see through the brain washing the anti virus people have bathed you in.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

JD ... I am sure the Antivirus vendors put out many viruses to keep themselves in business.

You just said you download AVG/Microsoft to scan for viruses. Then you say, "Really folks, the anti spyware people have you conditioned to buy their products. They're not needed if you have a little common sense." If that's the case that they are not needed, why did you install these?

Actually I like your mindset, it just means business for me. Keep propagating your theory dude. mo money mo money mo money.

FYI: I run a HIGHLY RATED PC REPAIR BUSINESS ... I know what I am talking about. You made sense up until the point about not needing a protection program.

• John Doe
    John Doe

WAC, never had to take my computer to a professional yet. And yes, I did download AVG after visiting a place I suspected might have a virus. You know what, my computer took five times longer to boot, my programs didn't work smoothly, and it was overall a pain in the ass. And from what I've read, AVG is one of the better ones. Furthermore, I didn't have any viruses, even after running all the AVG updates. Like I've said, antivirus is a scam.

I bought a computer with Norton on it before. That was some of the buggiest, most annoying crap I've ever ran. It was next to impossible to uninstall the damned Norton antivrus. The damned stuff was a virus itself.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    It may be a matter of time JD. Not all viruses/trojans are created the same way.

Ditto. We'd never get away with not running an antivirus program on our corporate network. Viruses can spread in a number of ways. All it takes is one user to click on an infected site, and the next thing you know you have the virus replicating over network shares.

I love people who don't believe in using security software. They are an excellent second source of income.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit