Warning: Mama6 website VIRUS

by cameo-d 100 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

Even though JWD is not closing shop tomorrow, we all know we will be faced with a choice sooner than later.

Some have already decided it is now time to enjoy real life. But many still need an outlet.

Simon started this forum and it became the success that it is today. It started with only a handfull of members I am sure, and many glitches along the way.

I am not one to rain on another's parade. I have joined amama2six's site, along with many others. What will happen next? I don't know the future. But for now, it is my new home away from home~

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think an "approved by Simon" sticker on a new forum would be worth having. He knows what's involved with stability, security, and backups because he's been thru it. What say you Simon? Are you ready to commit, or should we give it some more time?

• amama2six
    amama2six

I do understand those things, Mary...I'm not expecting everyone to fully trust me at this point...but I'd hoped all the posts I've made here in such a short amount of time would be weighed along with the efforts that I've put toward JWS.

Alright...financially speaking. Nobody has to donate! I didn't ever intend on ASKING anyone to!!! I had a few people request the button because they wanted to help...that's the ONLY reason why it's there. Otherwise I would have waited until Friday and paid for the site myself. If I had known our server host for JWS was going to be trying out a new ad company (that's what we found out from the server host's troubleshooting forum) that features pop-ups with viruses I NEVER would have invited anyone to the site until we had it paid for. I'm sorry for that.

Yes, we struggle from time to time. For some reason August always seems to be the worst month out of the year for us (no idea why...but that's how it goes). We ALWAYS struggle, though, that's just part of having a bunch of kids and trying to live on one paycheck. If I waited to be financially secure before hosting a site I'd be waiting a long time. I wanted to do this...I felt passionate about it...and I'll be darned if I have to wait until I have money in the bank before I do something I love. That's just MHO, though, everyone else is entitled to theirs as well!

~April

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

amama has proven to me that she is an extremely sincere and helpful person, she is great to communicate with and was one of the first folks who had offered to speak individually with my wife and her jw flirtations.

She really wants to do all she can to assist and facilitate the discussions that many of the folks had gotten on this site, when this site is no longer available for this sort of interaction!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

amama2 best wishes to you as you recover from the borg and cope with life. I trust you. Its the people who are cheering you and your family on with extra work and responsiblites, that I say shame on you to.

ql

• journey-on
    journey-on

I have not registered at any other site. I have read with interest all the posts pro and con regarding Amama's website.

While many of you are condemning those who are a bit suspicious and hesitant to trust this person 100%, you are forgetting

that there is actually good reason for some to hold back. Those that use this board as mostly social interaction are the ones

throwing caution to the wind and probably don't care one way are the other whose board they play on just as long as they maintain

their social connections. I'm not criticizing these individuals. They NEED their cyber social group to prevent psychological discomfort

and mental meltdown. But please don't spout disparaging remarks at those of us who are a bit more cautious for reasons of our own.

Think about this. In the last few short weeks, a JW board that advertised here that I won't name, sold out to anonymous buyers. A poster

shows up here like a posting pro, "reveals" in their first post information it takes most of us months, if not years to reveal. Of course, she

is love bombed by the usual suspects (again...not criticizing, just observing) and within two weeks, Simon announces the JWD closing and

this poster starts their own board overnight! I'm not saying what is or isn't. I'm just saying some hold back awhile, observe, look around, and

then decide whether or not they feel comfortable enough to participate on a particular board.

• *summer*
    *summer*

"I'm not expecting everyone to fully trust me at this point"

Amama2six...even though it is ok to try to explain, you do not have to justify yourself to anyone. This is not a JC. Even Lady Justice finds one innocent until proven guilty.

"Yes, we struggle from time to time"

Many of us here struggle from time to time. Some struggle all the time. It does not mean that we are not allowed to try a new venture.

"I felt passionate about it"

And it shows!!!

• journey-on
    journey-on

............as you were saying, Summer????

• *summer*
    *summer*

LOL, journey-on!

My finger was too quick on the trigger and the post left before I had time to write one single word!

Too much coffee this morning:-)

• RR
    RR

I don''t have ANY anti-virus on my pc anbd I've been on that forum and nothing!

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit