Warning: Mama6 website VIRUS

by cameo-d 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Big Tex.....let me know what you find out.

I ran a full system scan plus 2 spyware/malware scans. I'm clean. The condom held without breaking.

However any website that gives that much trouble, and viruses (good Lord just one is bad enough) is more than enough for me. Ain't no way I'm going there again. To my way of thinking no legit site, irregardless of whether it's a discussion board or not, would never be infected.

That site is the epitome of caveat emptor (LET THE BUYER BEWARE).

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

so u r saying u have no trojans because of the TROJAN?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No ribbing

• amama2six
    amama2six

I will once again try to address a few of these things since they seem to be popping up on multiple posts.

1. I told everyone about my phone issue because it would have taken me off the site for five days and to hopefully get everyone to understand why I wasn't able to AFFORD a paid site until this Friday (which is the 15th...military payday). Apparently I was either successful in convincing the phone company to give me until the 15th to pay them before they shut me off (even though they told me it was impossible to do) or they haven't done it yet. Heck if I know. There are a million other problems I'm having at the moment but I'm not sitting here complaining about those because they don't affect the users of JWS! The phone one did...that's why I mentioned it and the ONLY reason I mentioned it. I'm sorry more is being read into the revelation, maybe I should have said I was going on vacation, instead? Would I have looked better then? I'm not exactly sure how having a hard time making the bills on military income with six kids constitutes being untrustworthy...maybe someone could help me out with that one.

2. I NEVER said I was moving. If someone ELSE said I was that's not my fault...they got the information wrong. I was missing for a few days because I was WORKING...babysat this past Friday night then held a sign on the street for Grand Furniture five hours on Saturday and five hours on Sunday to make a little money. If anyone here is from VA and drove down VA Beach Blvd. Saturday or Sunday between noon and 5pm they would have seen me. I'm tired, I'm sore, it sucked, but I did it because I had to. Then I got to come home and take care of my kids between working on the forum as much as I could. (Edited to add: Ok, I see now I was talking about moving the site to "paid" and someone thought I was moving house...no idea where that got misconstrued but find a post of mine where I said I was moving house...yeah, you aren't going to find it because I never said it!)

3. I did not know that the pop-ups from having a "free" site would give people viruses. If I had known that I would have waited until I got the site paid for before I started inviting people to JWS. What exactly do I gain from giving people viruses??? Nothing but what seems to be going on in this thread, which is NOT something I ever wanted to happen. :(

4. White Dove...I am sorry to see we have lost you on JWS because of the virus problem. I'm also sorry we have lost anyone else who either got viruses from the pop-ups or do not wish to go to the site because of the virus reports. The pop-ups are gone, taking the virus problem with them...I hope some of you reconsider trying us out because we really do have the best intentions!

I really don't know what else to say. I'm sorry if I sound a little upset but I am. My husband and I have worked very hard on the site these past four days and it hurts that after all of that people are thinking we're "trolls". If anyone here wants any MORE information from me I'd be happy to provide.

~April

• beksbks
    beksbks

Amama, do not stress. I feel certain you have no ulterior motives.

Quite frankly, I am starting to think that cameo is a troll. How does someone who joined less than a month ago know to point to TREVOR? Amama, you probably don't even know about the Trevor issue yourself. I came back just as it was ending, and that has been a year ago. If anyone wants to spank me for considering the possibility that cameo is a troll, go ahead, I am merely speculating, as was this cameo when they accused Amama.

• amama2six
    amama2six

No, I'm not familiar with the Trevor issue...but I wish I was so I could understand what's going on here.

I just now saw someone emphasizing my saying "getting EVERYTHING turned back on". I'm not sure why? If the phone company shuts off my internet and phone I need to get it all turned back on...that's what I was talking about. And who the heck cares if it really WAS everything...how does that affect anyone here? So I'm going to use my husband's paycheck to cover my bills...is this a crime or something?

I'm fairly certain I'm missing something here. I guess that's what I get for being new to JWD and trying to enlist my husband's IT experience to provide a new place for us to go (myself included...I was devastated to have all this happen right after I joined) after Simon's announcement. :(

~April

• wednesday
    wednesday

I for one am hoping all is legit. A lot of us are vulnerable now.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Amama you'll have to get used to people complaining and pointing fingers on your site as well.I don't feel you had any bad intentions and I think you and your husband should be commended for all the hard work you put into that site.It will be a nice transition from here for me.So thank-you,and you and your husband should watch the video the SECRET and if you already have,watch it again!....

PS I never even got a hint of a virus from being on your site.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Does everyone here trust rollerdave? I've talked to him multiple times on the phone in the last few days.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My two cents:

I have been on JWS site since the beginning, and its not like you know me for real anymore then I know others, but the site is safe. Mama6 set it up just like others have. If you think otherwise, just read on some of the topics and posters, they will speak for itself.

I got my first virus in 1998. It taught me a couple of things, namely, that I have to be responsible for what I click on. POP UP'S are an UNDERSTOOD NO NO in Internet land. Sorry folks, we all learn that sooner or later. Don't blame the site, don't blame Mama6, blame yourself for clicking on a pop up ad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit