Farkel Writes a Book?

by Farkel 90 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    What about the title?

Take a cue from your avatar: "What--Me worry about Armagedon?"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Nobody gives a shit what I say anymore. I am basically irrelevant on this board. I used to be clever and smart and stuff life that. Now, no one gives a rat. Whatever message I had/have is lost now. It's painful after nearly 12 years of my crusading to be relegated to a "no one cares anymore, you fool."
    Farkel

Dear Farkel

I have struggled in my life as to when to interject myself into people's lives. Esp on the internet, where it is hard to know what is going on behind the scenes. I prefer not to.

But I have also learned that when there is an opportunity to be honest, its best to speak ones mind. I hope you can respect that.

I was actually (for whatever reason) rather moved by your response to how your book was going. Not that it ultimately matters in my life if you decide to do a book or not. (and that is just for the sake of honesty)

But you are wrong if you think you don't make a difference. So with all respect, and with deepest humility, allow me to say that in this instance, you are full of shit.

Why would I say that to you? Because you helped me out so much, and self pity isn't your M.O.

Here's my opinion: To constantly talk about JW's is DRAINING. It can take a toll. Esp if you have a talent like you do, a voice that resonates. And lets not parse words, you do.

For my part, your sense of humor, and ability to cut through "rhetoric" (aka: bullshit) is of great value.

I hope you will allow me to point something out: To expose JW's in the hopes of getting indoctrinated cult members out is to turn loose all kinds of potential people: liberals and conservatives, Republicans and Democrats, Federalists vs Anti Federalists, atheists, agnostics, deists, theists, scientists, poets, idiots, transient cult lifers, etc......

It's not your job to point a person in the direction they are meant to head in, only to give them an opportunity to evaluate the fence that they are currently trapped behind.

Anyone who wants to help JW's get out has to acknowledge that when the horse gets loose, he/she is going to go where they are damnably determined to head. There is nothing that anyone can change about that.

And sometimes, people are self destructive, and we can't save people from themselves. Nor is it our job to educate idiots who prefer their current domicile on "Idiot Avenue".

But we can give them some words, a mirror, an alternative viewpoint, a voice that resonates, that can add and possibly help on the way out.

You've already done this. Don't forget that you still do this. And if you want to do this further and write a book, it will help others.

Sorry for my frankness. It's a blessing and a curse. However, in spite of some disagreements, I really respect you. And you have helped me. I hope you know that.

Non agape love,

ATJeff of the non bullshit class.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Farkel

I wrote the above before I read about some evident health problems you have been experiencing.

I won't change what I said, but I will add, it is possible you will feel differently a little later...

I hope by the responses you have received that you know a great deal of people value your opinions and prose greatly.

Wishing you the wisdom your past life teaches, the peace to live your life to the full presently, and the vision to make the best of your future.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Well Farkel, I would love to read your book. I know I'm new on the scene, and came in with lot 'o drama...but I promise to be better. I do however know that there are about 5 people that I SEEK out their responses and threads, and read all the way back to the beginning, from what I can tell...6 7 years ago. So, DO IT.

Plus I have a soft spot for redheads. In like a bad way. Write the book.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Nobody gives a shit what I say anymore. I am basically irrelevant on this board. I used to be clever and smart and stuff life that.

Oh, really. It wasn't you that wrote this on the same day then?

:Does anyone here believe that Jesus never existed?
    That's the wrong question. A more important question is this: Jesus reportedly raised a man from the dead (Lazarus). He wasn't just "dead", he was three DAYS stinking rotting dead. It was quite the miracle. But NO ONE, not even the educated Romans who were watching every move Jesus did, bothered to record it. Yet, it was a miracle of earth-shattering importance.
    The only ones who recorded this huge miracle didn't bother to record it for 30 to 50 years AFTER it happened. This bothers me. And THEY were the "true believers" not the other skeptics who actually witnessed it and who were literate enough to have recorded it WHEN it happened.
    Farkel

I had never thought of that before. I love stuff like that. It is easy to remember and a JW doesn't have time to run away before you finish. You are forever coming up with gems I use on passing JWs.

And drag your sorry arse down to the doc and get yourself seen to. I have to take a bucket of pills a day so that I can walk more than twice around the house, but at least I can walk twice around the house.

Cheers

Chris

• VM44
    VM44

Farkel,

I have said it before (about a year ago!), and I will say it again!

If you wrote and published a book, I would buy it.

--VM44

• cantleave
    cantleave

Farkel - don't demeam yourself. Your contribution on this board is valuable. I have been on here for less than 6 months and you are one the reglular posters who have made a difference. You have a talent for expressing yourself in a succint and humourous manner. If you wrote a book I am sure it would be a great read. Look after youself and do what you can to meet your aspirations despite your health issues.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So what's happening?

I'm on the other side of the planet. It's not like I can just pop in and see if you are ok.

I'm getting worried here.

Chris

• parakeet
    parakeet

Black Sheep:

So what's happening?

I'm on the other side of the planet. It's not like I can just pop in and see if you are ok.

I'm getting worried here.

AGuest wrote this on another thread a few hours ago:

I have spoken with Farkel... and he's okay. Things are a little tough for him, right now, but there may be some "light" at the end of his tunnel. He cannot respond, right now (and yes, he is ill, but we believe he'll recover, and soon), but told me of his love for you and appreciation for your thoughts and offers of kindness. Please note, I am not "speaking" for him, but I assume some of you were/are as worried about him as I was... and since he can't respond just now, I thought I'd let you know he's okay... and put your worst fears to rest. The board should hear from him personally sometime in the near future.

• avishai
    avishai

Thanks, good to know. We're pulling for him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit