Farkel Writes a Book?

by Farkel 90 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I care, man. And I also wrote this b4 I realized you were sick. You've been a big help to me and others (Yes this board has dumbed down alot!)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Last night the pair said a great many things of earth-shaking importance. Farkelstein said CoCo le Moko was to do the thinking for both of them. Well, M le Moko has done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: Herr Farlelstein is getting onto that book posthaste with Victory as his dubious aim; that's where he belongs.
    F: But, CoCo, no, I... I...
    C: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what you'd have to look forward to if you stayed here among these pedestrians? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up in a remedial reading camp. Isn't that true, Mlle Lee?
    Mlle Lee: I'm afraid Major Simon would insist.
    F: You're saying this only to make me stop feeling sorry for myself and start compiling.
    C: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victory over ignorance. You're part of this work, the thing that keeps the little people going. If that publisher leaves and you're not with him on this project he proposed, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
    F: But what about us?
    C: We'll always have JWN. I never had H2O because I came out of the desert of mankind's disbelief. I was misinformed, but know that what you didn't have, you, you lost it until you came to your senses. You got it back last night when I telephoned and knocked some sense into your thick skull.
    F: And then I said I would never forget you.
    C: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow, the self-publishing route. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Farkelstein, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid. Get your butt in gear!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Farkel: I am basically irrelevant on this board. I used to be clever and smart and stuff life that.

You're still clever and smart, but you already know that. It's the board that has changed. When I came here about three years ago, I spent a lot of time going through the archives and reading the Great Debates (as I call them), in which you, AlanF, and a few others decimated the arguments of the still fewer articulate and informed dub defenders. The decimation was so complete that only a very foolish dub would try to come here now and make a cogent defense. The last one who tried was ThirdWitness, and he's gone the way of the rest.

The board is now more a social and support group for apostates (I say that with pride) and for newbies, who continue to pour in with their heartrending stories. Because of the efforts of you and your colleagues, the big arguments are over. Those of us still here are cleaning up the carnage.

That doesn't mean that your work has no relevance any more. What you need to find is a new audience, one that has yet to hear The Truth (a good title, by the way) about the WTS and dubism in general. If anyone can make the general public aware of the hypocrisy of that cult and maybe even prevent others from being hoodwinked, you can. If you're sick and can't manage the effort to get a book together, find a ghostwriter and let him/her do most of the work.

Your work is a book crying out to be published. You're the WTS's worst nightmare.

It's painful after nearly 12 years of my crusading to be relegated to a "no one cares anymore, you fool."

So untrue I don't know where to begin. Don't be a whiner, Farkel. Get that damn book written!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

You are clever and smart.

I sometimes experience you as narrow and dismissive, too, but that seems to be part of your charm.

You are, nonetheless, highly entertaining and often burn through to a golden point.

Get writing.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have been sitting here for over a year waiting for the book to be written
    Now I find out your so sick !!!! Poor darling.Can Granny do anything to help?
    Well I know your not to hot on my prayers,but I am sending em to heaven any
    way... Hope to day is a good day for you my love Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

Farkel!!!

Get off your pale derriere and write that book!

Hear?

Don't make this Black woman take off her earrings!

Sylvia

• whoknows
    whoknows

I'm still waiting for the book too! You promised!!! I laugh out loud at everyone of your posts - I love the semi-serious ones, the totally sarcastic ones and little snippy ones, now stop whining and write the damn book!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Farkel said, "Nobody gives a shit what I say anymore. .."

Why do you care what anyone else thinks? You've built your reputation on being a straight-shooter, unflappable and unconcerned about what others thought. Don't go soft on us now!

If YOU don't care, though, the game is lost. No one is going to care more than you should.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'll offer my services as an editor and proofreader (my usual day job). Writing a book to make a whole bunch of money is a crapshoot, but there are people who succeed at it. There are a number of ex-Jw books, but they don't seem to attract wide readership. I think you might have the necessary blend of humour and sarcasm to actually change that. go for it.

• dissed
    dissed

"Everything you wanted to know about Jehovah's Witnesses, but were afraid to ask"

A book for JW's and those who are curious.

or...

"I'm Curious Yellow"

What every JW wants to know, but is afraid to ask.

or....

"Damn it! Tell me the Truth, I can take it!"

The secrets of the Watchtower: Only their GB knows, but is afraid to share.

Farkel, Farkel, Farkel! Meet me for a few scotch's and we can make everything well and get you on the right path again, (although you have never left it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit