Farkel Writes a Book?

by Farkel 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Several years ago I was contacted by a well-known (actually famous and well-published) professor from the University of California at San Diego and we had lunch. He bought lunch. We met several times after that. He said he wanted me to write a book, and if I did, he said he could get it published. He had been following my drivel since the old H20 days. Obviously, he needed a life. He said my stuff would sell well in "Christian Bookstores". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Me, the worst apostate from hell, appealing to "Christians" who aren't dubs! Now THAT is as good as it gets!

I asked him "what should I do?" He said, "just string all your writings together and put a common thread between them." I said, "but I've already written about subjects that many others have covered". He said, "yes, but you write like a jerk, and people like jerks." Well, he didn't really say that, but he might as well have said that. He has more class than to say that, but I know he meant that.

So, I've thought about that. I've re-read some of my stuff in the "Best Of" section on this board, and I must admit, I DO write like a jerk!

Maybe I SHOULD put together a book. Only about 1/3 of my best stuff (whatever THAT means) is in the archives of this board. The other 2/3rds was posted to the old H20. Several people have saved that drivel, so I can wade through it and find a gem here and there. Or a turd here and there, depending upon your point of view.

Several years ago when I decided to undertake this project per the Professor's urging, I enrolled AlanF and Gedanken to help me out. I wrote my introduction to my book and basically stated that I was doing the whole thing to make a whole BIG BUNCH OF MONEY. For some strange reason AlanF and Gedanken said I was on the wrong track. It broke my heart and I gave up on the books back then. Doesn't everyone write books to make a WHOLE BIG BUNCH OF MONEY?

But now, I'm considering the project again. I still want to make a whole BIG BUNCH OF MONEY, but I will say that I am doing it to help out mankind. Sorta like what the Watchtower Society does who incidentally also makes a WHOLE BIG BUNCH OF MONEY doing it. I did learn a few things from them, you know.

What do you folks think about this project? I've given my stuff for free for ten years. Shouldn't I started being a Capitalist before I die?

Farkel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

fully referenced of course?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but yes - go for it.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

You have my permission, make a whole bunch O' money.

• TD
    TD

Was that Gedanken?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Xjw books don't need to be all respectful and pompous. I think that there is a niche for a smart alec xjw book. As far as i know, noone has put out anything to go into that spectrum. It's a hole waiting to be, uh, ya well. You could pull out a whole generation of jw adolescents.

S

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'll give you my opinion, but I'm going to charge A WHOLE BIG BUNCH OF MONEY for it. Where can I send the bill? ? ?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Lee thumps Doug on the shoulder

First off just because you think you are a jerk doesn't make you one.

Now down to business:

Your work is brillaint. Your work isn't turds or drivel. What you do is cut through the WTS' turds and drivel.

You have an uncanny way of using satire to cut to the bone of the WTS. And it is that ability that will make an imprint on people who read your book. - and there just might be more than a Christian bookstore who would stock this. And of course you can always sell it on e-bay, on Randy's site, even on your own site and make some $$$

And not everybody is on the internet. I wander around lost for 10 years before I got on the net.

DO IT! . . . DO IT!! . . . DO IT!!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I so agree with what Lee said. There is an entire group of disgruntled people waiting for you. Money can really come in handy.

What about the title?

• Quentin
    Quentin

I like your wit and satire...usually read your stuff while cleaning my guns....go for it....you just might make a whole buch a money...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit