State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

by Finally-Free 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faraon
    Faraon
    You know full well that science corroborates the creation account as narrated in Genesis. You also know full well that atheists ridicule this as being a myth.

Yes, it is commonly known to scientists that trees give knowledge and eternal life, and that snakes can speak. There is no myth here.

They also agree that god, being omnipotent, could have created the male before the animals and plants, as in chapter 2, while at the same time after them, as chapter 1 shows. Also, he could've formed the fowl from the ground as in Chapter 2, while at the same time ordering the waters to bring them forth in the first chapter.

Gen. Chapter 1 tells us that the Jewish god created the stars on the fourth day, but Job 38 tells us that when the foundations of the earth were created, the morning stars sang with joy. Meaning that the stars were created before the earth.

Yes, definetely, science corroborates the Genesis account.

Faraon

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's been too long, Faraon.

How are things on the Spanish language ex-JW boards?

• Faraon
    Faraon

It's been too long, Faraon.

How are things on the Spanish language ex-JW boards?

They have been OK nvrgnbk, I don't go to the boards too often now. I guess I am getting too old, and bore easily. Besides I have other important things to do now.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

snowbird:

And I'm talking complete nonsense and perhaps being obtuse?

Got it in one. I'm not sure why you think my rather generous description of the Genesis account as being "almost" completely wrong is something worth highlighting, but as you've steadfastly refused to provide any cogent explanation for any of your embarrassingly misinformed statements so far, I don't expect you to clear this one up either.

I rest my case.

You haven't really made a case though, have you? You've made some asinine statements and then with a steely determination that would be almost admirable were it expended on something other than your own ignorance, have avoided supporting them in any way. But I'm sure I won't be the only person who's glad to hear you'll be giving it a rest.

MissingLink:

Snowbird is obviously pulling our legs. I doubt anyone is that thick. Not even in Alabama.

I used to think like that too. But I've learned to apply Heinlein's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.

We could start with first 10 words of the book of Gen and go from there if you like.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm a white female and I worship the god of Sunday brunch.

changeling :)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yah,

Nice thread, Walter! Now everyone hates everyone.... it's all your fault.

(sitting back, eating popcorn, reading the bickering....)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think atheists look bad, weird or foolish. At times a bit condescending to believers, but not bad, weird or foolish.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's hard not to be condescending, Flyinghigh. It's a bad trait, I know - but there is so much hatred towards religion after leaving the dubs. I know it's not an excuse, but it's a small reason. I don't hate religious people - really. But these forums, you tend to say what's really on your mind, because the person is not right in your face. It causes lots of hard feelings.

I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But many were extremely racist from my experience. Something else that goes with poor education.

I thought for a minute you were talking about Michigan.

And hey, haven't you noticed that people like you call many southerners racist, yet you turn around and bash southerners like it's okay because they are white and from the south? I just went to Knoxville Tennessee for three months. I found the people there delightfully less racist than Michiganders. I was also delighted to find my coworkers very smart, hip and sav vy. They were much more patient with new people than the companies I have worked for in Michigan since I have come back.

Southerner bashing is just as despicable as rascism and it should be just as unacceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit