State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

by Finally-Free 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This is to complement the http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/160129/1.ashx and http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/160192/1.ashx threads.

I'd hate to have anyone feel left out.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

FF, you beat me to it!

Atheists have a wolfpack mentality - bad, bad, bad.

Atheists are mostly White males - too weird.

Atheists reject any scientific evidence that supports the Bible - FOOLISH!!!

Sylvia

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks, Will!

They don't believe in free will. In other words, they understand that there are complex but knowable reasons for all human actions. They don't credit God for the good or blame Satan for the bad.

They don't leave things in God's hands.

They don't ask God to avenge them.

They know that science isn't an entity or a deity of some sort, but rather our best way of explaining reality with the facts that we have.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    They don't believe in free will. In other words, they understand that there are complex but knowable reasons for all human actions.

That would mean that you are merely an automaton, even if a complex one.

It means that you are not a rational agent that exerts control over your actions (odd for someone that supposedly treasures Reason). In a given state, with given inputs, your outputs would always be the same, no different than a computer.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Christians take action where action is possible, where it is not possible, they leave it to God.

Christians ask God to forgive their enemies.

You have a dilute understanding of Christianity.

BTS

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That would mean that you are merely an automaton, even if a complex one.

What it means is that my decisions/actions are based upon my genetics and the totality of my life experience, including the information I've been exposed to.

It means that we're all doing just about the best we can for who we are and where we've been.

It doesn't mean that we can't try to improve ourselves or shouldn't feel remorse for past errors.

It just means that there are reasons for what we've done far more complex than simply being "good" or "bad".

There is a lot of compassion in that understanding, don't you think?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Christians take action where action is possible, where it is not possible, they leave it to God.

Christians ask God to forgive their enemies.

I was talking abut atheists.

What's with the Christian comments?

You have a dilute understanding of Christianity.

BTS

It's always pleasant chatting with you.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have listened to their podcasts and radio shows, expecting that they would promote the benefits of living an atheist life, and share wonderful stories about being an atheist. They do not.

They drone on and on obsessively about religion!
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What it means is that my decisions/actions are based upon my genetics and the totality of my life experience, including the information I've been exposed to.

Translation: "What it means is that my decisions/actions are based on my engineering and environment".

No different than a machine.

It means that we're all doing just about the best we can for who we are and where we've been.

Translation: "The machine is acting in accordance to its engineering and environmental inputs."

Mere deterministic machines are not "who"s.

etc.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I was talking abut atheists.

Your implication is that unlike atheists, Christians do these things. You are using weasel words and are not owning up to them.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit