State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

by Finally-Free 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully
    Wolf pack mentality - a group ganging up on what is viewed as easy prey. You've seen it here, I've seen it, anyone else who's honest enough to admit it, has seen it happen here on JWD.

And this thread is not an example of Christians/believers "ganging up" on Atheists?

I don't see funkyderek getting all agitated and resorting to inflammatory statements. He's asking for proof of your statements/observations. I'm not seeing any, other than your personal "observations" (ie, anecdotal evidence), although I'm sure that doesn't exactly qualify in terms of scientific methodology.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    You know full well that science corroborates the creation account as narrated in Genesis.

I hesitate from asking you how you manage to come up with that absurd statement Sylvia, but without using the Godly Google machine, can you explain just HOW?

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And this thread is not an example of Christians/believers "ganging up" on Atheists?

I didn't start the thread, but it is a response to a different thread that was a "ganging up" on Christians. I believe it is linked in the original post.

• Scully
    Scully
    it is a response to a different thread that was a "ganging up" on Christians. I believe it is linked in the original post.

Which, I believe, was a tongue-in-cheek response to a "ganging up" on JWs thread. I'm shocked that nobody started one to pick on the Muslims. Or the Buddhists. Or the Satanists. Or the Pagans. Or the Jedi.

You know, these spin-off threads are a real pain in the arse for the mods. All they do, it seems, is inflame people around here to no end.

• snowbird
    snowbird

HS, why don't you first furnish proof of the absurdity of my statement that science corroborates the Genesis creation account.

Then, we'll proceed from there.

Sylvia

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Back on topic:

Atheists don't believe there are millions of good/evil spirts flitting about causing problems, and performing miracles! LOL!

Atheists arrogantly use reasoning to come to conclusions instead of faith! LOL again!

Atheists worship a flying spaghetti monster instead of the ancient Hebrew tribal god!! How crazy is that??

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't see funkyderek getting all agitated and resorting to inflammatory statements. He's asking for proof of your statements/observations. I'm not seeing any, other than your personal "observations" (ie, anecdotal evidence), although I'm sure that doesn't exactly qualify in terms of scientific methodology.

I don't see any examples of anyone doing any ganging up. I was asked by FD to define wolf pack mentality.

Personal observations are the premises from which scientific methodology proceeds, is that not so?

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

Like Fadeout implies, I do secretly revere the FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster). I admit I am a Pastafarian.

That probably makes me look "weird".

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

snowbird:

Wolf pack mentality - a group ganging up on what is viewed as easy prey. You've seen it here, I've seen it, anyone else who's honest enough to admit it, has seen it happen here on JWD.

Again, instead of telling me there are loads of examples and that everybody knows it, just please give me one actual example of what you're talking about.

I've had 40+ years to observe this phenomenon; my being a theist has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Are you saying that your being a black woman does have something to do with it? My point, which unsurprisingly you seem to have missed was that without independent evidence to support your observations, it's possible that your particular experiences may not hold true in general.

I don't see Whites as having a better life than I have, per se, but they have had, by hook or by crook, the lion's share of whatever this world has to offer. One would think that they of all people would be giving full credit to the One who made this possible.

You seem to have quite a penchant for restating the same thing in different ways. I don't know if you do this just to be obtuse, or if you genuinely think you're contributing to the debate.

You know full well that science corroborates the creation account as narrated in Genesis. You also know full well that atheists ridicule this as being a myth.

Now you're talking complete nonsense. Science disagrees almost completely with the Genesis account, in virtually every possible way. The time, the process, the order, all are horribly, ludicrously wrong in Genesis. It has nothing in common with scientific theories. It is ridiculed as a myth because it is quite clearly a myth.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

When you let yourself be filled by the Noodly Appendage, you will never be hungry again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit