State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

by Finally-Free 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

You feel ganged up on from that?? Really??

No!!!

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Damn, see what happens when I try to be a smartass?

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Genesis account as it is written conflicts with facts of science. I've copied just 10 salient points from the Skeptics Annotated Bible online which provide plenty of reasonable doubt about Genesis being the authentic, scientific record of how we got here.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/sci_list.html

1. The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3
      2. God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5

3. God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. 1:6-8

4. Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

5. God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all. 1:11

6. In an apparent endorsement of astrology, God places the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac in an effort to predict what will happen on Earth. 1:14

7. God makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? 1:16

8. "He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars. 1:16

9. "And God set them [the stars] in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." 1:17

10. In verse 11, God "let the earth bring forth" the plants. Now he has the earth "bring forth" the animals as well. So maybe the creationists have it all wrong. Maybe God created livings things through the process of evolution. 1:24
    1. Finally-Free
      Finally-Free
      It's very interesting how people can disagree civilly on just about any topic and not have their feathers ruffled when it comes to our opinions about entertainment, education, child rearing, recipes, cars, politics, physics, diet and exercise and similar topics.

Wanna bet? I think anyone who uses cream of tartar in their beaten egg whites is crazy!

W

2. MissingLink
      MissingLink

Snowbird - Thanks for the invite. I've been to your state and most of the others. I lived in a southern state for 9 years so I know what I'm talking about. Warm and friendly people for the most part. But many were extremely racist from my experience. Something else that goes with poor education.

You are joking though about this Genesis science thing right? Come on. Quit messing.

3. Scully
      Scully
      Wanna bet? I think anyone who uses cream of tartar in their beaten egg whites is crazy!

So where is the "State truthful facts about Cream of Tartar users that make them look bad, weird, foolish" thread?

4. snowbird
      snowbird

You are joking though about this Genesis science thing right? Come on. Quit messing.

No joke, Missing Link.

I've read the arguments against the Genesis account and I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.

Sylvia

5. nvrgnbk
      nvrgnbk
      I'm shocked that nobody started one to pick on the Muslims. Or the Buddhists. Or the Satanists. Or the Pagans. Or the Jedi.

I was getting to them, Scully.

6. Finally-Free
      Finally-Free

I was getting to them, Scully.

Don't forget the Fundamentalist Roccoists.

W

7. BurnTheShips
      BurnTheShips

Riiiiiiiiighty

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit