State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

by Finally-Free 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

snowbird:

Atheists have a wolfpack mentality - bad, bad, bad.

It's often said that trying to organise atheists is like trying to herd cats. A pack mentality is the last thing I'd associate with atheism. Could you expand on what you mean by this please?

Atheists are mostly White males - too weird.

I haven't found that. Certainly, many of the public faces of atheism are white males; but that is certainly also true of Christianity. Do you have any figures to back up your claim? Any reasons why you believe this is so, or indeed why you think it matters?

Atheists reject any scientific evidence that supports the Bible - FOOLISH!!!

I've certainly never done that. And while I can't speak for any other atheists, I'd be surprised to meet one who rejected scientific evidence simply because he did not like the implications. Could you give an example of this please? Or at least name the scientific evidence that you believe supports the Bible.

• shamus100
    shamus100

How does that old saying go... never talk about religion or politics?

It's hard not to get you're feathers all fluffed up, no matter what side you're on. Being an athiest is a natural response after years of spiritual abuse in the borg. I hope that some who are still religious can understand that. And for some reason, the attitude comes across that people who are religious are weak, and stupid. Again, false. But it's hard to say anything and not make an implication - typed out words don't have a tone that you can understand the context.

I believe that everyone needs they're crutch to get through life. Now I am an athiest, but I have my own crutch or passion to get me through life. It's no different than being 'born again', or however you want to call it. I am no better than someone who is religious.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Could you expand on what you mean by this please?

The atheists I've encountered on JWD are a prime example of what I mean.

Do you have any figures to back up your claim? Any reasons why you believe this is so, or indeed why you think it matters?

No figures; general observation. It's ironic considering the dominant role Whites have played on the world scene. It seems to me that this alpha group would have the most cause to believe in a Higher Intelligence.

Could you give an example of this please? Or at least name the scientific evidence that you believe supports the Bible.

Simply google science and the Bible, and you will find a plethora of examples.

You're welcome.

Sylvia

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I really don't like the title of this thread. Nor what am I keen on what follows. Fact needs Data. Proof. So statements that have followed this threads lead are quite invalid IMO. Now that is IMO.

First off yes this is a discussion board and not all is going to be rosey and happy. But it seems to me that we left the wolf pack mentality and the us against them and "we are better because we believe or don't believe" thought process behind. Or I sure hope we would get to that point. Really a discussion is a discussion and not a slam session with an aim at making someone look bad, weird and foolish.

I could be wrong, for everyone knows I can be, have been and will be again because either the almighty, or my genetics (keeping it even and real) have not alighned with the stars and made me perfect yet...but, Where is the love and humanity? A little bit of tolerance for anything that is different than you as long as it is not hurting nor causing harm.

Given any extreme or maybe even not extreme, a belief system can probably in some situation cause harm. Some more than others. But each person is diffferent and some people need want to believe ina higher power. Some choose not to. Why choose to purposely run each other down?

Just saying..asking?

• DJK
    DJK
    State truthful facts about Atheists that make them look bad, weird, foolish

A true Atheist would find this thread more interesting than the threads finally-free posted in the beginning of this thread. LOL

I'm a "True Atheist", meaning,,, my life, however good or bad, has been controlled by myself and its course will not change unless "I" direct it to do so. My life is no different than those who do believe in God and I live it without fear of damnation from something I cannot see.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

snowbird:

The atheists I've encountered on JWD are a prime example of what I mean.

You understand that this doesn't at all answer the question, right? What exactly do you mean by a "wolfpack mentality" and in what way do atheists - at JWD or elsewhere - exhibit this?

No figures; general observation.

Is it possible that your perspective as a theistic black woman may have skewed your observations somewhat?

It's ironic considering the dominant role Whites have played on the world scene. It seems to me that this alpha group would have the most cause to believe in a Higher Intelligence.

A little insight into your belief system perhaps: you attribute all the good things in your life to a god, so naturally you assume that those who have even better lives than you should be more likely to believe in a god. Understandable, I suppose, if misguided.

Simply google science and the Bible, and you will find a plethora of examples.

Of course I will, and a similar number of counter-examples. Given that you made a claim, can you provide one example of scientific evidence that supports the bible and has been rejected by atheists. Or is it, like your other two points, just something you've made up?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What exactly do you mean by a "wolfpack mentality" and in what way do atheists - at JWD or elsewhere - exhibit this?

Wolf pack mentality - a group ganging up on what is viewed as easy prey. You've seen it here, I've seen it, anyone else who's honest enough to admit it, has seen it happen here on JWD.

Is it possible that your perspective as a theistic black woman may have skewed your observations somewhat?

I've had 40+ years to observe this phenomenon; my being a theist has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

A little insight into your belief system perhaps: you attribute all the good things in your life to a god, so naturally you assume that those who have even better lives than you should be more likely to believe in a god. Understandable, I suppose, if misguided.

I don't see Whites as having a better life than I have, per se, but they have had, by hook or by crook, the lion's share of whatever this world has to offer. One would think that they of all people would be giving full credit to the One who made this possible.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Of course I will, and a similar number of counter-examples. Given that you made a claim, can you provide one example of scientific evidence that supports the bible and has been rejected by atheists. Or is it, like your other two points, just something you've made up?

You know full well that science corroborates the creation account as narrated in Genesis. You also know full well that atheists ridicule this as being a myth.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Wolf pack mentality - a group ganging up on what is viewed as easy prey. You've seen it here, I've seen it, anyone else who's honest enough to admit it, has seen it happen here on JWD.

Yes.

I've had 40+ years to observe this phenomenon; my being a theist has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

First I've noticed it! *rubs chin*. It does seem mostly people of Euro descent isn't it?

I don't see Whites as having a better life than I have, per se, but they have had, by hook or by crook, the lion's share of whatever this world has to offer.

Regardless the color of my skin, I get mine.

BTS

• Gopher
    Gopher

I know this thread was initially meant as tongue-in-cheek, but people are debating anyways. So I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I am a little exasperated to see that race was injected into this discussion. Taken worldwide, besides Europe there are many atheists in Asia and in the Caribbean. In fact, the percentage of atheists in Eastern Asia (7.5%) exceeds the percentage found in Europe. In the Minnesota Atheists group I have attended, there are African-American and Eastern Indian members.

And this is according to information from the 2005 World Christian Database.

http://www.thearda.com/QuickLists/QuickList_102.asp

Regions of the world with the most Atheists according to the World Christian Database (2005).

Complete List

RankingRegionAdherentPercent
    1Eastern Asia114,410,0237.5
    2Western Europe5,026,1892.7
    3Northern Europe2,417,0722.5
    4Southern Europe3,271,9452.2
    5Eastern Europe5,552,2661.9
    6Caribbean724,1601.8
    7Australia/New Zealand399,2771.6
    8South-Eastern Asia6,682,2251.2
    9South America1,812,4430.5
    10Northern America1,892,7680.4