Ever have a paranormal event in your life, please share?

by free2beme 81 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Do you suppose that changing an older home, somehow disturbs the memories that the house contains... I really don't know how to word it... ya know, like taking out a wall or such...

I have heard that to be true. Our neighbor right beside us has been here for 40 years. He said that our house was a rental house almost the whole time he's lived in the neighborhood, ( I found that to be true through research; after the murder/suicide in 1926, very few people owned this house for long). Anyway, he said that before it was remodeled and sold to us, you could hear screams coming from the house when it was empty and the door used to fly open and shut on its own. Per my earlier post, we've had a few experiences but nothing like that, so I'm wondering if the spirits that haunted my house before the remodeling were the ones who were murdered and committed suicide, and they went away after the remodeling. Or if the current spirit here is my Aunt Shirley, and she is either protecting us from the others or has chased them away. She was hell on wheels in life, despite the fact that she was sick for most of it. I can't imagine what she would be like in spirit form, not tied to an ill body. The funniest thing about my stepson's mom seeing her in the window overlooking the driveway is that when Shirley was alive, she was very funny about people coming to her house without callng first. She advised all of her friends to do so, as she planned to shoot any unannounced guests, (this was in response to the fact that someone tried to break in her house once).

• Casper
    Casper

Goodness Jamie,

I don't know if I would have what it takes to live in your house......

I spook really easily. Even tho I have felt the pats on my shoulder several times, for some reason it doesn't scare me... go figure... It's sort of an "everything's alright" kinda pat...

The voice I heard plain as day that time was a child and she said "Mommy"... It was so real and so clear and very close to me... that I immediately said my daughter's name and looked around for her, she was in her bed taking a nap... again it didn't scare me.

These things really step up when we remodel an area and then seem to fade away.

With this house being 50 years old, I'm sure someone has probably passed on in it, at one time or another, I have no idea tho.

Cas

• Simon
    Simon
    I've had lots of experiences, some really amazing, but people on here just think I'm crazy.

(sheepishly raises hand and looks round rest of room)

I realise that being able to see / communicate with spirit beings puts me into the category of insane.

or self delusional

Some things which are thought to be "ghosts" or "spirits" are not...they are a type of memory or energy signature in a place. Therefore what you experience is not a conscious entity. If an old building has footstep sounds or sightings of the same figure in the same place over and over - this is not a conscious entity. It is a type of residual essence of something / someone in the past. Some people even believe that we can have distortions in time and glimpse the past.

Or, they are just normal sounds.

The entities which interact with us are spirit beings who cannot usually influence physical things and it is difficult for them to "appear" visibly (although its been known). It is also difficult for them to communicate with us because they don't have a physical body in order to produce sound. They can usually only visit in dreams, or influence the mind of a spirit medium.

Basically, they don't interact with anything at all ... everything is in someone's head because they want to imagine it is real or are gulluble enough to pay someone who is willing to take their money and tell them it's real.

Since you liked it, I can provide a story which goes some way to support this idea of time distortion. The high priestess of my old wicca group used to be involved in paranormal investigations and house clearances some years ago. She visited a hotel where there were some disturbances. This hotel was an extremely old building (going back to 17th century). She "tuned in" and saw in her minds eye that a particular wall was in a different place. Then she saw the room look different and a man sitting at a desk, leaning over it and writing. He was dressed in the clothing of that time in history and was using a quill and ink. She walked over to where she could "see" him in her vision. The wierd part is, she said he looked up and saw her! He looked up, saw her....and jumped out of his skin in fright! She also got a shock at this and the vision disintegrated immediately. This suggests that this was some sort of time distortion because the man in the past saw the woman from the present and I bet he saw her as some sort of spirit visitor!

You had my laughing at the "high priestess of my wicca group" bit.

I'm sure she can tell a good story and is great to have at dinner parties but come on, this is just like thoese crappy ghost hunter programs where nothing happens but the presenter and experts try and covince everyone that lots happened 'just after we turned the camera off'.

The only part of this story that has any truth to it is the fact that she saw something 'in here minds eye'. i.e. it all just existed in her head because she wanted it to. It's call 'imagination'.

Does no one appear in these visions stood next to a calendar or reading a paper with the date on it? Just wondered ...

I first saw one of my guides when I was in hospital feeling really ill. Also I had a visitor who I thought was a real person (I was having a conversation with this person) until they disappeared and the nurse was looking at me strangely ! LOL. Seeing spirits sometimes means that you will see them and they do seem to disappear in the blink of an eye.

I saw a guide once but she was just selling cookies. Seriously, if you were really ill in hospital then a much simpler explanation is that you were delirious or hallucinating because of medication or illness.

Recently, a ghost beckoned me to come to the refrigerator and I'd be rewarded. I opened the door and looked throughout the refrigerator when all of a sudden, WHAMMO! I discovered that a bottle of Fat Tire Ale had been missplaced behind a bundle of broccoli! I quickly consumed that beer and rewarded the ghost with a loud belch. The ghost seemed to want to shake my hand but left before I could.

• jaguarbass
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The above picture was taken the day my father died.

He died of prostrate cancer.

He was in bed 2 weeks before he died. His relatives were visiting him so he said to help him pass over.

On the picture are 2 orbs.

Save them to your computer then magnify them.

In one is my fathers Aunt who raised him. And in the other is his dog who died a month or so before he did.

The month after my fathers death I was seeing orbs everywhere. My photos. Photos of me that others took. Now 5 years latter I never see an orb.

The orbs are supposed to be the spirits.

And there is something in the orbs in this picture.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Here is another paranormal event that happened to me this year.

I work in a jail in Florida.

Earlier in the day someone posted here do you ever have coincidences.

I said I havent had a coincidence since I was a young man.

That night at work, I was sitting with a female officer and talking about her children.

She said she took her children to church to keep them on the good path.

I said when I was young a boy from down the street would come knock on my door and we would go to the school yard and play sports with all the kids in the neighborhood. And thats how I stayed out of trouble playing sports.

That was like 3 am in the morning.

6:30 am comes along and I am waking the inmates up for breakfast.

I come to room 5. The boys name is [Private Rvealnomore]. That was the name of the boy who was knocking on my door to play sports everyday.

I ask this boy do you know anyone in Ohio, Yes

7- Hills yes.

Do you know a [Private2 Rvealnomore] in 7- Hills.

He said, thats my father.

Cleveland is 1200 miles north and 4 state away.

I think that was paranormal.

Many people say its a small world.

When you read my whole story. Its paranormal.

I dont know what the significance or impact is but I suspect it is to have an impact on the father and son.

Or maybe the impact is still to be realized.

Had I not told my coworker the story about playing sports and the boy knocking on my door everyday.

I could buy the small world theory.

But several hours after I tell the story I look at the roster and see the son of the boy who called on me every day.

Thats paranormal.

On top of that I had posted on here earlier in the day that I hadnt had a coincidence since I was a young man.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Simon

Stop following me on threads with the deliberate intent to piss me off.

Its just sad.

Its also your usual tactic and its so ridiculously unsubtle - but you think you're so clever doing it.

Sirona

• Xena
    Xena

The hotel I work at is an old one that burned down once killing 3 people. One Monday morning I was in early with my daughter. There were no guests in over the weekend so the hotel was empty. We went into the lounge area which has a long hall extending to the back of the hotel and ends in a locked door that goes out into the back where the lift for food and back stairs are. The light was on in the hallway and I commented to my daughter "ooohh someone is going to be in trouble for leaving that light on!". The light went out. We thought at first maybe the bulb had just gone out but I went behind the bar and the light switched right on. When I mentioned it to the owners they very matter of factly informed me the hotel was haunted and it was probably one of the ghosts.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Xena

Cool experience.

I think wierd things often happen in hotels because they are often old buildings and people have died there (like you said) and there are so many different people coming and going that their energies affect the place.

Gary and I stayed in a hotel in Cumbria and Gary saw a dark figure walk right past the window (we were on the 1st floor). I saw a little orb move across the ceiling and follow me into the bathroom!

When we asked, the maid said that room was notorious amongst the hotel staff.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit