Ever have a paranormal event in your life, please share?

by free2beme 81 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In the late 1990s, we had Santeria practitioners living on our old street. They used to hold their spiritist meetings with what seemed like every other Santero in town. The vacant lot would fill with cars. While those people lived there, my wife and I would see glowing orbs around us at night when we would walk the dog in the vicinity. Our dog would behave very strangely too. Growling and barking at empty corners in our house for example. Jumping back frightened at something in the grass when there was nothing there. All this ceased when those people left the neighborhood.

BTS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Two events:

My dear Aunt Shirley died after being in a coma for four months. My dad had medical power of attorney and decided not to turn off the life support. He was very uncertain about that and what to do with her rented home and personal items before her death. My dad is not a spiritual man and is skeptical about everything. He and I drove to her home and stayed for a week to arrange the funeral and clear out her house. The first night we were there he woke up screaming and crying. By the time I got to his room, he was sitting on the side of the bed sobbing. He said that Shirley woke him up and told him that she was all right and that her material possessions meant nothing to her now. He was very frightened, because he said it was so real. Fast forward seven years: My stepson's mother and a friend pulled into our driveway at 2 a.m., after working the afternoon shift to get some items we had purchased at Sam's Club for her out of my van. She and the friend who was with her swore up and down they saw a ligthed face staring at them from the door window that faces the driveway. They both said she kind of looked like me. I gave my stepson's mom a photo album, and never having met her before, she picked out a photo of my Aunt Shirley.

For the first few months after we moved into our current home, my cat Buddy, who sleeps on my chest, would jerk awake, turn around and put his butt in my face and assume the attack position as if he was going to go after some kind of prey. It frightened me, because I thought maybe we had mice or something (I have a BIG PHOBIA OF RODENTS). My husband checked all around and found no evidence of mice. Finally I wondered if it was a ghost, and one night I said out loud, "If there's somebody here, please go away. You're waking the cat up and bothering my sleep!" (not much comes between me and sleep). It stopped and hasn't happened again in five years. Several people who have either lived with or visited us have heard footsteps upstairs when there is no one there. One person who was alone in the house and heard footsteps was so frightened that she called the police. A ceiling fan came on by itself. My brother in law was alone in our house looking at photos I have on the fireplace mantle, and he swears he heard someone say, "Get out!" I discovered that our home was a murder/suicide scene in 1926. A man killed his two children and his wife and them himself, and yes, I tracked down the newspaper articles and death certificates to prove it. Is my house haunted? Maybe. Do I care? Not one bit, because if they're here, they don't bother me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oh, I forgot to mention one more story. The lady who called the police when she heard footsteps in my house also had the lights turned off on her while she was taking a shower in the first floor bathroom. I was home when it happened, and she was pissed at me, because she thought I did it as a joke. Well, I didn't do it, and no one else was there except us.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    So was it coincidence or paranormal?

It was neither. It was a dream.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Why do these spirits just move around making errie footstep sounds, glowing orb like in the air, walking through walls, floating wild eyed into eternity etc. Why do they not do something useful?

If they are clever enough to walk through walls, why don't they do my taxes for me?

They are all a bunch of lazy sods imo.

HS

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Reminds me of the video about Bigfoot from Futurama...

"Bigfoot populations require vast amounts of land to remain elusive in. They typically dwell just behind rocks but are also sometimes playful, bounding into thick fogs and out-of-focus areas."

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I met someone whom I had never seen before, nor had I ever heard any conversations about them. She was introduced to me as the partner of another lady across the room, someone else I had never met. This was many years before the media attention of Robinson or other gay religious leaders as a whole.

When we shook hands, I blinked my eyes and saw an image of her in vestments in a church. I had the distinct impression that this was an Epsicopal church, although at that time I had never been in one. She looked at me strangely, I must have paused.

I said, "Hey, that was odd, I just saw you as an Episcopal priest. I wonder where that came from."

She paused then and told me that she was in the process of training to be an Episcopal priest. She later was indeed ordained.

I do not think of myself as a "believer" in the "paranormal", but this was an interesting experience. It was at least a fascinating coincidence, or an example of intuition, or perhaps of the mind subconsciously picking up bits of information that took a strange route to conscious awareness.

• undercover
    undercover

I've been trying to remember if I've ever experienced anything that could be considered "paranormal" or unexplainable, at least.

The only thing that comes to mind is that there was a supposedly haunted house not far from where I grew up. There were all kinds of stories about this house. It had been empty for years but it was said that if you went by it at midnight on certain nights there would lights on and a party going on. You could see people moving and stuff. School mates used to say that they saw this happen. The house had no electricty.

Of course the cynics would say some kids or bums were probably using the house, using lanterns, but when checked during the day there never was any evidence anyone had been in the house. (not explained was who was checking the next day...)

I knew where the house was but had never been there at night. It was on a lonely dirt road down in a holler. There were no other houses past this one so there was no reason to drive by it to go anywhere.

I talked a buddy of mine to drive by it. He was a JW too and scared stiff of demons. I don't remember how I talked him to driving down there at night but I did. As we came down the hill and around the corner, we saw the lights on and something movng in the house. I thought my buddy was going to pass out right there. He threw the truck in reverse and backed up the hill for half a mile before slowing down to turn around. He kept saying, "Jehovah, Jehovah" over and over all the way out of the area. So after that, for a little while, I believed in demons stronger than before and thought we had really pushed it by doing something so foolhardy by tempting fate like that.

A couple of months later the house burned down. Come to find out, moonshiners were using the property to run their still. They didn't use the house, but if they heard someone coming they would put on a ghost show to scare them off. That's not why the house burned down though. Some kids decided to have a party there and they showed up on night while the moonshiners weren't there and started their party. They got drunk and high and accidently started a fire. After the fire the sheriff found the still nearby. They eventually found the moonshiners and they fessed up. I often wondered if they got the idea from The Andy Griffith Show where some moonshiners tried to scare Barney and Gomer away from a haunted house that hid a still.

And that's my paranormal story...Southern style.

• jwblog
    jwblog

Ok, so how many people in this forum believe in God? If you believe in God we at least have a common ground so I will explain why people experience these things.

Why does it say that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one and also that we have a wrestling with the spirits whom are out to cause us harm? Just like Job whom was inflicted with many harmful physical atrocities. This proves that wicked spirits do meddle in the lives of the humans.

They are fully aware of the way the body was created and have the power to coerce the mind, to affect your body, even to entice and cause people to do things they might not normally do. Humans do not die and transform to spirit creations. Spirits are created from way different molecular structures then humans. Most everyone might be familiar with the periodic table of elements. This is only what humans have discovered so there is so much more that we are not familiar with.

The spirits are able to make you sense when they are present even from a far distance, and they are also able to create visions, feed you dreams, make your body feel emotions that truly might not be yours. This is fornication and adultery from Gods standpoint because without free will they would not be able to touch a human in any way, shape, or form.

So paranormal experiences can be affected by spirits and it is written in the bible that they have in the past and greatly in the end times when they are cast down to the vicinity of the earth. So if you hear of such reports just give the person the benefit of the doubt and let God answer all of the questions that create mystery. He will reveal all truths to each and every one of us in The Kingdom of God.

the faithful slave

• Casper
    Casper

Why do these spirits just move around making errie footstep sounds, glowing orb like in the air, walking through walls, floating wild eyed into eternity etc. Why do they not do something useful?

If they are clever enough to walk through walls

My thoughts exactly.... Good Lord, pick up a pen and write us a message...sheesh...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit