Ever have a paranormal event in your life, please share?

by free2beme 81 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am one who believes strongly in the spirit realm, paranormal activity, etc. Even with such a strong belief, I am often told by skeptics that such things are foolish and nonsense. While I accept people have the right to feel however they want, I have often shared stories with people that are hard to explain with logic and find others have events like this too. Here is one that happened to me, and I will share it.

I graduated from High School in 1989 and living in a mid size American town, I did not have a huge graduating class; about 225 people. Of those people, about 20 of them were people I started kindergarten with and know all thirteen years of school. While the mixing of different schools, from elementary, to Junior High and on to High School, made friendships weaker or nonexistent; you still knew each other and your names. One such person was named Michael Hastings (real name). He was always the class clown, from a young age to senior year, he was in to anything that made him seen. He always had a sort of "Howdy Doody" look to him and in general was one of those guys that everyone knew and basically liked, as he was always involved in everything. He was in class government, drama and it seemed to me now, most of the yearbook pictures (as he was in yearbook class).

Being a raised Witness (although not baptised), I had to go through the same crap most of you describe here; being singled out, shy, and in some cases a little to different for most people to get close too. After all, you're in that wacky cult that does not celebrate Holidays! Well graduation comes and life starts. I did college for awhile and then my parents divorce and I decide "Jehovah is for me!" and next thing you know it is 1992 and I am baptized, a Ministerial Servant in no time and living several hours from where I went to high school. By 1990 I had lost touch with everyone from high school, but one who I spoke too about once every six months and soon that faded (that person too had me as their only connection to High School.)

Well 1995 hits and the generation revision happens, and I am looking for the back door to exit and finally leave the cult in 1997. I am fortunate, my wife left the religion too and we are trying to find anything we can to live like normal people. One such thing is my reunion of 1999, ten years. I feel uncomfortable with going and do not even look in to going, and figure it is a waste of time to drive down and see a bunch of people who I had not spoken to or seen since I saw them in cap and gowns. Well, one night I am dreaming and I am in high school again. The halls are empty and I am eighteen, I walk around and remember trying to think of my locker combination. Suddenly Michael Hastings is walking along and has a bunch of people with him. They are all people I went to school with and he looks to me and speak, "You going?" I explain I am not, as if knowing he means the reunion. He starts explaining how I should and how fun it would be to show all those people how much I changed and left the religion, and became a better person, etc. I wake up and think, "Maybe?"

I did not look in to it at all, and it was a week before the reunion and I kind of knew it was arriving. Again, another dream and Michael is in it again and we are at a Basketball game from 1989 and he was there and everyone is scream and he turns and speak, "You really should go." Well this got stuck in my mind and I told my wife. She thought, "Why not, after all we are not Witnesses anymore." So I call the organizer that is listed on the Internet (Which I connected to with my fancy AOL dial-up, it was 1999 after all). We get tickets and head down.

Well going in to the reunion was funny. I saw people I remembered, but the woman were larger and the men were balder (the men were larger too). So I speak to a few and we are enjoying reviewing ten years and such. One guy I knew mentioned that they had a room of high school stuff to look at and we should check it out. It was a small room with pictures of things from 1986-1989; jerseys, pictures, even a video set up, tons of things and even old fashion looks (which are back by the way.) In the corner was a sign that said "In memory of ... " and I knew it would be those who had died from our class. I expect to see two guys I graduated with, as they died in a car accident the summer of 1989 when they drove 100 mph drinking off a road and down a steep embankment. There was a girl who died of cancer I barely knew and then there was something I did not expect, "Michael Hastings!" Died in a motorcycle accident in 1992 in San Francisco. I was shocked, as I wanted to see him at the reunion and joke with him that I dreamt he did not leave me alone in dreams telling me to come. Yet instead I found out he died many years earlier.

So was it coincidence or paranormal? I think the latter, as it would have been just like him to be the one to get the party going and get involved. Apparently, that energy level did not end at his death and kept going. I thought it was wonderful to experience.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think that experience is awesome. Of course, some will say the reunion was heavy on your mind and Michael Hastings

was a person you strongly connected to your high school years, so it's all just a wild coincidence. But, only you

can "know" for sure. Did you end up having a good time and connecting with anybody that you now stay in touch with?

Having been raised a witness, I have never ever gone to one of my HS reunions. That's really a shame, come to think about it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I always watch Ghost Hunters and Paranormal shows and I am so suprised at how NO evidence is ever found of Ghosts...they have thermal devices and temp. monitors and special camera's and they go to the MOST huanted houses in the world and FIND........NOTHING! Not a damn thing...one time a chair slid alittle on the floor...what stops them from using a fishing line to boost bad ratings? Another show in Britain, again a chair slides {always in one direction only} why do ghosts like to slide damn chairs?....pick up the chair and smash it...do something big! Each week, floating dust particles {or "ghost orbs" yeah sure} and damn sliding chairs if I'm lucky.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Actually it was a great time. We were able to make a lot of connections and get some answers to things too; like what did people really think of my religious connection and where were some other Witnesses I graduated with? I have kept in touch more now, since 1999. with people I went to school with and even have a few on my myspace page. It is pretty cool. Well worth it!!!

As for sliding chairs, I agree some people do it for ratings. Never seen a sliding chair in my life though. Seen other things though, far more believable. As for putting it on video? Why would anyone put themselves through that in this day and age of skeptic attacks. Personally, I think they are private personal experiences and share in a more limited aspect.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I knew something was wrong with my grandmother-just felt it-called my mother (grandma lived with my parents) and after 30 seconds she starts yelling because my dad called to her from the other room that grandma just fell over dead........

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I have a friend who was crying and praying to God to show her the right way to go, when DING-DONG the doorbell rings... yep it's the Witnesses.

Next 20 years of her life are wasted in a mind control cult.

Boy that supernatural intervention sure does screw some folk over somthin fierce, huh?

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I beleive in paranormal things too, I've had things happen to me and others that you won't believe, such as a Friends daughter died in a car crash and then would ring him after she died and talk to him about where she was.... every time she would ring he would somehow know it was her ringing before he pickup the phone...other things too like seeing and talking to people who weren't really there, and teleporting, UFO's etc... but I won't mention them all because others just think your crazy, so its best you keep it to yourself.

• flipper
    flipper

FREE2BME- When I was working doing janitorial at 3:00 A.M. one morning about 10 years ago - I was walking up this stairway indoors at an office . The street I worked on was an old wild west town in the motherlode out here in California and lots of reports of ghost activity. As I was walking up the stairs ; just above the chandelier I heard a woman with a high pitched voice singing right over my head ! I was scared $hitless and said Jehovah ! out loud . Then it stopped. Of course back then I was more creeped out by such stuff as I was a witness. But it was a weird experience

• free2beme
    free2beme

Knock knock, that could be a Witness. Or it could be someone trying to show you that if you do not settle your life down with something, you might die young. All in how you look at it. Not all my Witness life was a waste of time and space. Everything is just a peice to the puzzle who is me.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

LoneRanger: I won't mention them all because others just think your crazy, so its best you keep it to yourself.

Interesting logic there, everyone thought Galileo was crazy (or worse), he probably shoulda kept his discovery to himself.

Newsflash: Others already think you're crazy, unless somehow you've managed to hide in a cave all your life.

If nobody thinks you're crazy you have not interacted with anyone. If you are not pissing people off it is only because you are not doing anything. If nobody holds a grudge against you you've never been successful.

By the way, a HUGE proportion of the general public believes in paranormal phenomena, so any ridicule you'd receive for sharing an experience would be from a minority group.

Personally, I'm quite interested in the paranormal but have simply not seen convincing evidence for any of it. The stories are great. It would be neat if some of it turned out to be true. I feel the probability of that is low, but new evidence is always welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit