What really is a Soul Mate? --- Is it possible Yes or No?

by Hope4Others 83 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    but we really do complete each other. We think the same way, we complete each other's sentences, and we have the same goals & hobbies

Perhaps for me that is where my problem lies - the reason why I am still single at 32. I don't need nor want someone to complete me - I am whole just the way I am. I would like some common ground but not on all fronts - otherwise it's like having 2 me's....

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    but we really do complete each other. We think the same way, we complete each other's sentences, and we have the same goals & hobbies

Perhaps for me that is where my problem lies - the reason why I am still single at 32. I don't need nor want someone to complete me - I am whole just the way I am. I would like some common ground but not on all fronts - otherwise it's like having 2 me's....

Loubelle...I understand what you are saying. But if you are going to spend the rest of your life with someone, and you are going to live as one, shouldn't you "complete" each other? I'm not saying that they are to consume who you are. I guess the word I should have used is compliment rather than complete...uh?

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice subject...it is strange feeling regarding Soul Mate, but what I can say from my experience it exist. Besides we are not only flesh and bones, but we have also a spiritual part. The Human Soul. It never dies and the Soul carries our existence and personality to the eternity.

There is a special feeling when it comes to meet the Soul Mate.It is something you can't describe. It is a feeling beyond love. You share all the feelings that the other person haves. You can feel when the person feels pain, anger, happiness. You know if the person it is well. When you are thinking that person or the opposite, both know that there is a telepathetic communication. It is happening to me all the time. For istance at the same moment that I was sending an SMS I was receiving one...and is happenig all the time

It doesn't mean that Soul Mate has to do with the opposite sex and attraction. Besides when it comes to Soul Mates the physical part(attraction, sex)have no importance, since we are talking about spiritual bond

I'm sure there is a Soul Mate, I found mine...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Compliment would better describe it. But I hear you :-)

• zagor
    zagor

It is hard to know, only time can prove it one way or the other. So if after time, and time and time again someone seems to be the only person who understands you and vice versa then I suppose you can call them that. Do I personally believe in it? Deep down I guess like anyone I hope but don't really believe in it. It is a romanticised notion that doesn't holds much substance. I guess we all go through a time period of having butterflies when someone special comes along but there is a danger of projecting our own dreams onto that person. The thing is, sometimes we really need to wake up for dreams to come true.

• dinah
    dinah

You find someone who is strong where you are weak.

Mr. Dinah says I am his soul mate. I'm just no so sure. Can it be one-sided?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The comment another poster said says so much, So to me, I say whether in love or in a close bond of a friendship there is this

sense of total understanding. I'll change the word from Love to Soulmate in this case.

"A soulmate isn't finding the perfect person its seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

hope4others

• llbh
    llbh

"

A soulmate isn't finding the perfect person its seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

And more, the abilty to understand and be understood with and without verbal communication, to connect and be connected.

David

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    the abilty to understand and be understood with and without verbal communication, to connect and be connected

Very well said David.....

H4o

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I believe.........and I thought Flipper's description was perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit