What really is a Soul Mate? --- Is it possible Yes or No?

by Hope4Others 83 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

What a lovely story HB they seem so happy, when two people meet like that it is pointless to fight it

Regards David

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I prefer to struggle thru life with the bitch Jehovah gave me, and pray for death.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Sure - a soul mate is someone just like you, except you like them.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Two from Wikipedia that I like:

Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join. However, not everyone who uses these terms intends them to carry such mysticalconnotations.

One theory of soulmates, presented by Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, is that that humans originally were combined of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spending their lives searching for the other half to complete them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes. I know it is possible - but I am not going to tell the story...

But can you get along without being "made for each other" ? Yes...I am sure that the majority do..Think back to your parents, most were not "soul mates" but it was ok and they brought us up.

That's life !

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hope4Others, not necessarily. I also believe it's not limited to 1 person. People come and go in your life. I have a gay friend and for a time we were soul mates but no romance, but for no reason we lost our connection, not our friendship tho. There have been others and will be more.

• caliber
    caliber

Here is one of most beautiful songs that I Think of , when I think soulmates...... a must hear !

Snow Patrol--Chasin cars

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxwqi2NGRtc&NR=1

Caliber

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Dork -- well said!

• golf2
    golf2

The reason I'm sharing this story is because I experienced it. My wife passed away two years ago. We had been married since 1962. During the mourning period, I met a women where we were not suppose to be. I've come to learn that we are born in the same month and the same year. We were married the same year and are oldest children are the same age. Is she my soul-mate? Was my wife the real soul-mate? All I can say is, they are both beautiful ladies.

Your question, is it possible? YES!!!!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My first marriage was a disaster!! Not only an age difference, but we really didn't have anything in common. I think we faked it to try to make each other happy. That can only last for so long!!

When I first met my now husband, there wasn't an instant attraction on my part. I thought he was cute, but thought we would just be friends. As time went on and we spent more & more time together I really started falling hard. Not to sound cheesy; but we really do complete each other. We think the same way, we complete each other's sentences, and we have the same goals & hobbies. I definetely think of him as my soul mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit