What really is a Soul Mate? --- Is it possible Yes or No?

by Hope4Others 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

soul mate
    n. One of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity.

There seems to be a variety of defintions on the net so what does "Soul Mate" mean?

Have you ever met someone and felt you just knew they were the one, it could of perhaps felt as if you knew them for a long time. Or perhaps you just really hit it off.

Often people talk about meeting their soul mates..what do you think is there or isn't there this possibility. Is it important or does it matter to you?

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

mitch and I are clearly soul mates.

for us it means

a feeling of oneness between the two of us.
    a desire for each other's happiness
    a compatible view of life

• flipper
    flipper

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Yes, very definitely I believe in experiencing and meeting one's soul mate ! After the several relationships I had through the years- I can speak with authority that , compared with the women I was with before her; we are very much soul mates.

The difference in my opinion is that person sees you, and totally gets you, and understands you like know one else ever has ! It is almost like the two of you were born seperately, yet joined at the hip because of the commonality which you both share . I had never experienced THAT much commonality with any woman before. Also - if you find a soul mate- the unselfishness and the fact that the person is looking out for YOUR best interests, as opposed to mainly being concerned of what THEY can get out of the relationship. The love is the most giving , caring love, that I have ever experienced. So- those are a few things ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• milligal
    milligal

Yes BUT:

People change and adjust and relationships vary from year to year. My husband and I have a huge amount in common and we really enjoy being around each other, plus he's attractive, plus everything else is good : ) but before and after deployments (he's active duty) we have a hard time being around each other for 2-4 weeks. I do believe in soul mates with the understanding that you won't always feel the soul and you won't always want to mate....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

By your definition, I believe that some people can become soulmates after
    either a short time together or even after a long time together.

I don't believe the perfect person is out there for each individual, and if you
    never find each other, you won't be happy with someone else.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Here was an interesting thought,

Making Life Come to Life: Richard Bach describes soul mates as "A soulmate is someone who has the locks to fit our keys, and the keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we; we can be loved for who we are and for who we're pretending to be. Each of us unveils the best part of one another. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person were safe in our paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.

General Belief: Most believe that soul mates can accept and love every part of the other's personality and that life with a soul mate is easy and natural.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/soulmates/a/soulmates.htm

h40

• flipper
    flipper

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Another thing about being a soul mate is this . I read this in psychology book. Soul mates don't " sweat the small stuff ". Or make " mountains out of molehills " ! Make issues bigger than they really are. You let the small differences go - because it really doesn't matter

• ninja
    ninja

I don't know if this counts....but my wife says she likes me as a mate......but I'm an arsoul...(I think that's how you spell it)

• Gill
    Gill

Yes!

I was five years old when I met my husband and he was about 8. I realised that we would be together forever and vividly remember his mother taking us to a children's party and thinking, 'I'm going to marry him!'.

We have now been married for twenty five years and known eachother for forty years.

We are soul mates.

I hope I am as lucky to find him again the next time we 'walk this path'.

• ninja
    ninja

here is gilly's husbands version........."my wife stalked me ever since I was little.......it's like sleeping with the enemy...but I'm too scared to escape.........help!!!!!!.....he he...just kidding ya gilly....da ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit