The JWD stigma about being "nice"

by changeling 108 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I just told off Bizzy Bee last night for her paranoid schizophrenia re: Cognac's husband.

Yes she did! And I scarcely slept a wink! (zzzzzzz) Lost me appetite and everything! (burrrrp!) Must've been my paranoia and schizophrenia colliding.......(crash!)

However, I totally agreed with her when she said,

The real irony here is that amateur, armchair psychoanalysts can't see how presumptuous, rude and arrogant it is to assume you know how someone else "feels", what they "realize" and what their underlying motivations are based on a few posts on an anonymous discussion board. Your statements about Hillary are just as judgemental and "cruel" as any he has made to anyone else. They are just couched in psycho-babble and false sentimentalism.

The only difference is Hillary is more honest than you. He doesn't insult people with the pretense of "helping" them or carrying about their emotional health and well being. He just calls a spade a spade. I can respect that. Plus, he is funny when he does it, and quite frankly, your're not! Cog

......tilting at windmills, Changeling........consider quitting while you're behind........BTW.............. WELCOME BACK!

BB, (proud charter member of the Hil Step fan club)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Huh? Hey, I wanna play. Somebody call me names!!!

It's all good - isn't that a wimpy comment? But it's true. Maybe the compassion (better word than 'nice') that is shown to the needy ones is from a bunch of strangers over the internet, but still it can help a person over a tough period of time. It has helped me. Also, at the other end of the bar, there's the guys who start an argument and end up throwing punches. Kind of fun to watch, just have to dodge flying beer bottles. And then we have some of the more serious minded folks who have a lot of fascinating stuff to say and if we could just listen to them without interruptions from assholes, it would be great. Then there are the impossible discussions - religion - NO, atheist!!, NO NO NO if only you people would listen to Jesus, NO NO NO, no such person as Jesus. No one can win those arguments. I think this forum is a lot of fun, it just gets a little mushy at times and a little hot at other times. Where else can you go post a whole lot of "fxxx" in one post and have a moderator edit out the curse words but carefully leave enough info so that everyone knows exactly which curse words I was using?

Now everyone jump on me and tell me I don't get the point and I'm hijacking the thread. I almost always don't get the point, and hijack the thread with mindlessness.

smooches, everyone!

• wings
    wings
    He just calls a spade a spade. I can respect that. Plus, he is funny when he does it, and quite frankly, your're not!

Interesting, the more I think about it. Being funny and rude is okay? I'll work on that.

JWD=internet, impersonal, discussion board=grow up but be funny while you do it.

What was I thinking!!!! OMG it is an impersonal discussion board! Atleast now I have it.

• wings
    wings
    I almost always don't get the point, and hijack the thread with mindlessness.

What name would you like to be called tonight? I'm in a creative mood.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

surprise me! I'd like to be called something creative - negative or positive.

I had a thought - I bet all of you, cuddly club and hardass alike hate clueless twits who can't be bothered to read the entire thread before jumping in with some totally off the wall comment that doesn't have anything to do with anything!

• wings
    wings

okay my queen here it is

"RICH BITCH"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh, if only it were true!!! Bitch AND rich, wow...it's only a dream.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Now everyone jump on me and tell me I don't get the point and I'm hijacking the thread. I almost always don't get the point, and hijack the thread with mindlessness.

For some reason, Hortensia, you remind me of a kinder, gentler Queen Elizabeth.

BTW, there is no point, so hijack to your heart's content, your Ladyship..............

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    He just calls a spade a spade. I can respect that. Plus, he is funny when he does it, and quite frankly, your're not
    Interesting, the more I think about it. Being funny and rude is okay? I'll work on that.

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. I have a weakness for wit, so, if someone can make me laugh when they are insulting someone, even insulting me, then yes, I am much more forgiving. I don't claim that is fair. It just is. Does that make me a hypocrite too? Probably. Oh well. We are all hypocrites about something or another. Some are just honest enough to admit it.

Cog

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

http://www.last.fm/music/Robert+Wyatt/+videos/+1-4jO-HjYebbc

What kind of spider understands arachnophobia?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit