The JWD stigma about being "nice"

by changeling 108 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling
    Yeah, I know I read them. Now here's the irony part I was talking about again: When he makes "mean" comments to people, you are morally outraged, however, when you return tit for tat, and make mean comments in return, you do it from some sort of morally justified high ground and with the false pretense of helping him with your musings on the inner workings of his psyche. Your second post (sans the bullshit) was much more honest, and less hypocritical

Which comments in particular are you taking issue with? My calling him a bully? He is a bully! And in his own words I was "calling a spade a spade".

It seems to me you are fussing at me for fussing at HS for fussing at the "cuddly club". I do not believe I was hypocritical or condescending. I expressed my feelings honestly and openly. And I did it to his face, not in the middle of an unrelated thread like HS did to flipper.

Being a kind hearted person does not prohibit one from speaking up when someone does something unkind to someone else. Kindness and boldness can live side by side and this should not be mistaken for hypocrisy.

changeling

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Changeling,

Just for the record, Flipper and I have exchanged words about the 'Peace Out' scenario 'face to face' whatever that might mean on a discussion Board. He even joined in the fun. If you think I am apprehensive about facing people, it shows that you are even more ignorant about me than I first thought. Face to face on a discussion board...mmm...interesting turn of phrase that perhaps shows more about the issue than at first might be thought. <--- pap pyschology - so you see, two can play at that game. ;)

As for being a 'bully', are you suggesting that the person involved here is unable to voice his own opinions and views my comments as 'bullying'? Flipper may be a bit of a soft nellie, but I am sure that he can give as good as he takes. ;)

Your big error? Presumption Changeling. You presume far too much, I am afraid that you are a hypocrite as well, but that does not stop me loving you.

HS

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I live for the day that I am signifigant enough to be called a name by you. "master of meanness".

Now, that WAS funny! Can I use it?

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I am afraid that you are a hypocrite as well, but that does not stop me loving you.

Awww! Now that's what I want to see more of. Can't we all just get along and love one another?

Cog

ps: HS: your cheque was short!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Changeling,

My comments were not loaded or alluding to any other posters = quite simply a response to a human emotion I detected!

I would say it to anyone whom I felt was low on inner energies, not because they are weak but because it happens to us all and we all benefit from awareness and focus on strengthening who we are deep down. In fact it has always been so. I remind myself more than anyone!

Oh and where is Flipper btw?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Hillary_Step...I've got one thing to say to you: "Get an avatar already!" (It makes it easier to locate you on

a full page of text.) If you need some suggestions, I'm sure there are those that will be glad to make them.

• wings
    wings
    Now, that WAS funny! Can I use it?

Don't even know him and it seems to fit. Just remember two things....#1 there is more where that came from....#2 all from a "nice" person

I think we are finding common ground.....are you feeling the love?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cog,

The most amusing thing about this whole issue is that the thread itself is a passive agressive attempt, typical of the Cuddly Club itself, to fire a broadside at one person and yet clothe it to appear as if it were a general topic. Flipper has done the very same thing himself on another thread. Yet another (in his case) passive agressive attempt as firing a broadside at a person withou actually naming them.

Now, think about this. What does it remind you of? Surely those wonderful little talks that the elders used to give to 'erring' ones, never actually mentioning names but under cowardly cover making quite sure everybody knew who was being singled out. At least I have the courage to speak....mmmm....face to face....lol As Oscar Wilde might have said, 'There is no sin exept stupidity'.

Changeling and Flipper. Who really is the bully and the coward?

HS

• changeling
    changeling

Your big error? Presumption Changeling. You presume far too much, I am afraid that you are a hypocrite as well, but that does not stop me loving you.

HS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night,

changeling

• wings
    wings
    The most amusing thing about this whole issue is that the thread itself is a passive agressive attempt, typical of the Cuddly Club itself, to fire a broadside at one person and yet clothe it to appear as if it were a general topic

I'm out of the loop a bit, but it seems that this isn't as clothed as you suspect. What if it is all about you? Enjoy the moment.....you have earned it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit