The JWD stigma about being "nice"

by changeling 108 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

means your an ass hole buddy back off.
    OH!!! I feel so bad //// I have posted the above often ...I thought it meant I was angry. Didnt know it meant that ....Sorry to any I posted it too.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wings,

No, nothing to regret here.

I think that this thread shows in focused detail the foolishness of taking anything said about you on on online discussion Board very seriously. It also higlights, as if it were needed, the stupidity of trying to judge character from posts on an anynomous, international discussion Board on which at least 30% of posters are on medication.

I have always said, and repeat it again, that if the comments on this Board made about you, postive or not, disturb one emotionally, then we should seek other more cuddlier Boards to interchange on. I understand that the Victorian Quilting Society has a Board where they have banned all words and pictures lest they offend. The screen is blank apart from the banner, and even this has raised the ire of some fundamentalist Quilters who have found that a blank screen seems to encourage them to grab the gardener and frolic in the hay.

This is the ultimate Cuddly Club environment. A controversy free, passionless, milk-sop of a paradise..

Yuuccchhh!

HS

• wings
    wings

mouthy, we need more emoticons don't we. Maybe you could join the stuck in red club and we could get one of our nice friends to help us get more.

Could you imagine what you I could do with Bumble Bees skills??? Whoa to JWD, old women with computer skills on the loose.

wings

• compound complex
    compound complex

P.S: How do you get the red out or disengage from a copied/pasted font you don't want?

Sorry - don't wish to hijack, but the subject did come up! Hi Jack!

CoCo Techno-Challenged

• wings
    wings
    Board on which at least 30% of posters are on medication.

LOL, yes, HS good point and though I am not sure where you get your stats, most likely true. I would have guessed higher.

if the comments on this Board made about you, postive or not, disturb one emotionally, then we should seek other more cuddlier Boards to interchange on.

Absolutely. Just my observation but I'm not thinking you are scaring anyone off. Responding to condesncending accusations by showing a little back bone does not make one a hypocrite, nor does it indicate that they can't handle the pressure. I would like to get rid of the word "nice" if we are going to discuss this further. Nice is a benign word, and doesn't work any better to explain the issues here than the word mean. Stupid and intelligent can go away too.

What we are talking about is compassionate, empathetic, caring posters ending up on the same thread with the more straightforward, balls to the wall thinkers (I'm having a harder time with adjectives to describe the slice and dice club, you can help me with this if you wish). Divisions seem normal to me. We are who we are and like it or not we do fit in categories. Some feed off controversy, some need less of it, some can't handle it at all. That does not mean that the later does not belong on this board. What it does mean is that those that can't handle the heat should stay out of the kitchen. There are plenty of other rooms in the house.

BTW, just because you don't hesitate to slice some one to bits doesn't mean that person (IF upset with you) doesn't have just as much right to be where you are. Public Discussion Board, right? Being upset after being chopped to bits doesn't mean that person doesn't have the right to do a cyber punch to the nose in response. The fact that you (for one) are not fazed by it is your issue not theirs. I'm not seeing any quilting candidates in this last event.

To address one more thing, the word hypocrite. As XJW's that word seems a bit over the top. Like my sister telling me I'm just like my mother. I'm not thinking the master of meanness cares about that, just a note from me.

wings

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh my, HS, your post was so funny and right on the mark. (I really mean that, BTW). But, now watch all your groupies come out of the

woodwork and giggle about what a smart, funny, sexy guy you are....lol Cog? Fifi? A&W? Wings?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear hillary_step...

"1) This is merely a discussion Board, not the United Nations. However many delusionary claims that we may make about saving souls on this Board are too grandoise to be taken seriously. Those souls were saved or otherwise weeks, months or years before the person subscribed to this Board. "...

well then...haven't YOU put the "unsaved" into a big stagnant pond?...I wonder how THEY feel about this placement...

love michelle

• mouthy
    mouthy

Whoa to JWD, old women with computer skills on the loose.

wings ROTFL!!!!

• wings
    wings
    giggle about what a smart, funny, sexy guy you are

journey...is he sexy??? That changes everything. Sorry HS, I take it back.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Now that that is solved, and I am stuck in red...how about a group hug? .

Consider yourself hugged. You, too, Changeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit