The JWD stigma about being "nice"

by changeling 108 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    He also made sarcastic comments about the "cuddley club" which everyone on this boad knows is a dig to certain very caring people. He has today, and in the past made comments that imply that being nice and posting "fluff" threads equals being stupid

Yeah, I know I read them. Now here's the irony part I was talking about again: When he makes "mean" comments to people, you are morally outraged, however, when you return tit for tat, and make mean comments in return, you do it from some sort of morally justified high ground and with the false pretense of helping him with your musings on the inner workings of his psyche. Your second post (sans the bullshit) was much more honest, and less hypocritical IMO.

And you are right, I was mean to HS. He had it coming.

Oh, OK, I get it now. It's OK to take off the gloves when YOU think someone has it coming. Thanks for clearing that up!

Cog

ps: I really like Mr. Flipper and think he is a caring person also. So you see, Hillary and I don't agree on everything, (Journey On).

• changeling
    changeling

So it's OK for HS to bellitle others but it's not OK for me to call him on it?????

I think you really do have the hots for him! LOL

changeling :) (I can't believe I'm argueing with YOU Cog, I've never had a beef with you)

• wings
    wings

I guess HS isn't available. Funny how we adults don't like to be called names.

.......wonder.....why?......

I would like to hear an intelligent comment about why it is wrong, bad, stupid, worthless, idiot behavior....to care and reach out to someone on this board who is asking for help.

No name calling. Just an intelligent comment.

Any takers.

wings(that means I'm listening)

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    So it's OK for HS to bellitle others but it's not OK for me to call him on it?????

Sure, you can call him on it, just do it honestly, not with this holier than thou attitude when you are making just as unkind remarks in return. Otherwise, I will call you on it! Sorry, I edited my previous post to address this issue while you were writing this one. Go back and re-read it if you will.

I don't have a beef with you, I just have a beef with hypocrasy masquerading as self-righteousness. I think your avatar is hot too!

Cog

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wings,

Thank you for your mail, though I am not sure what you want me to comment on.

If it is this, then I will join Changeling in a little amateur psychology.:

I guess HS isn't available. Funny how we adults don't like to be called names.

I do not mind being called names. Why should I? Call me what you wish. If my wife or close friends described me as a 'bully', something that has never happened nor is likely too, then I would take heed. A stranger calls me a name on a discussion Board and I am supposed to mind ? Why?

If someone calls me a name online, I presume that they want to have some in return. I am always ready to oblige when I can be bothered.

HS

• wings
    wings

I asked a question.

It wasn't about name calling.

I would like to hear an intelligent comment about why it is wrong, bad, stupid, worthless, idiot behavior....to care and reach out to someone on this board who is asking for help.
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    As it is confession time, I will tell you that Cognizant Dissonace and I have been enjoying a wild affair and that she this week gave birth to my twins.

Darling, I know you men tend to be uncommunicative, but really, do I always have to be the last to know!

Love, Coggy

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cog,

Ahhh! A disagreement, is this a divorce?

I really like Mr. Flipper and think he is a caring person also. So you see, Hillary and I don't agree on everything, (Journey On).

No divorce. Online Mr Flipper seems like a very sweet and caring person, that does not mean he is above being teased along with the rest of us. I hope that he realizes this also.

Nothing worng with yesterdays hippies as far as I am concerned, I happen to be one too. ;)

HS

PS - Maintenance cheque for the twins is in the mail.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wings,

So would I.

HS

• wings
    wings
    If someone calls me a name online, I presume that they want to have some in return. I am always ready to oblige when I can be bothered

My God you are a cool one. LOL, it is so cool it's funny.

I live for the day that I am signifigant enough to be called a name by you. "master of meanness". Wait until I really deserve it, it will mean more to me then. I really don't know you well enough yet for that kind of friendly banter.

I have to get to know you better. You are special. (I mean it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit