The JWD stigma about being "nice"

by changeling 108 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

OK ninja, get ready to cyber-kick me...

I accept and return all hugs. Thank you very much!

By the way, the "cuddle club" incident must have occured while I was gone. When I left, several months ago, a few of us were calling ourselves the "happiness club". I truthfully thought they were one and the same. I made an assumption and I was wrong. That being said, I do realize where people were going with the "cuddle club" comments of a few days ago, and still don't like it. It doesn't make me a hypocrite to aspire to be both "nice" (I don't think "nice" is a bad word, hence the point of my thread) and speak out (as everyone here has the right and the ability to do) where I feel the need.

So yes, HS, I made assumptions or was "presumptuous" as you called me, but I am no hypocrite. By the way. I took your "Gray and Pink" post as a "peace offering" and accepted it in that fashion. It would appear from your post today, that I assumed too much yet again. To bad.

changeling

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wings,

What we are talking about is compassionate, empathetic, caring posters ending up on the same thread with the more straightforward, balls to the wall thinkers (I'm having a harder time with adjectives to describe the slice and dice club, you can help me with this if you wish). Divisions seem normal to me. We are who we are and like it or not we do fit in categories. Some feed off controversy, some need less of it, some can't handle it at all. That does not mean that the later does not belong on this board. What it does mean is that those that can't handle the heat should stay out of the kitchen. There are plenty of other rooms in the house.

I could not agree more with this statement, with one proviso.

It needs to be acknowledged that the Cuddly Club were the first to raise the issue of the lack on 'niceness' on this Board by, in many cases virulently criticizing those who chose a less couched form of interchanging, it was NOT an issue started by the 'mean' people on the Board. I merely pointed and point out what bloody hypocrites they are and I have their bullying, overdramatized, judgemental, boring and abusive private mail as evidence.

I am happy to allow people to be who they are and say what they want, how they want, whenever they want, whether it be 'nice' or 'mean', however the Cuddly Club wish to describe it. We should all take responsibility for our words whatever we say. I am prepared to do that, but it seems that many members of the My Little Pony Abattoir have issues with doing so.

HS

• wings
    wings
    It needs to be acknowledged that the Cuddly Club were the first to raise the issue of the lack on 'niceness' on this Board by, in many cases virulently criticizing those who chose a less couched form of interchanging, it was NOT an issue started by the 'mean' people on the Board. I merely pointed and point out what bloody hypocrites they are and I have their bullying, overdramatized, judgemental, boring and abusive private mail as evidence.

Well, I don't know about that thank god. But seems like more of a fair match to me than bulling on either side. Let the games continue! In my experience people are mostly multidimensional, even though we want to put ourselves and others in a box......most people won't stay there.

wings

• compound complex
    compound complex

I want to be nice about this - not mean and angry - but how do you get the red out?

CoCo-in-a-box

• wings
    wings
    I want to be nice about this - not mean and angry - but how do you get the red out?

CoCo-in-a-box

Like you would know how to be mean....maybe angry though. I have a question. Why didn't my copy paste copy your red this time???? If things could just be a little consistant I might stand a chance of figuring it out.

wings(I know I am no help)

• compound complex
    compound complex

There are more things in heaven and earth, wings and CoCo,
    than are dreamt of in your philosophy ...

Mayhaps must we wait upon ON HIGH for the correct answer at the propitious time.

CoCo of Assisi

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes...

to everything there is a season...turn, turn, turn.

sending a group hug to the happiness and cuddly club:-)

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Psychologically, a label puts someone in a box that does not consider that they (we) are all many things, in many different ways, at many different times. So, labelling someone as "nice" puts them in a box that does not acknowledge that they can also be "not nice" at times. Because THAT is the reality as I have observed it here at JWD. The "nice" posters can be every bit as brutal or moreso. In my observation, I categorically do not put them in the arena of "nice." They are at many times challenging, confrontational, critical, and castigating. There is a clear frustration that is visited harshly upon others.

I couldn't agree more, Bizzy Bee. Well said. I also apologize for calling you a paranoid schizophrenic a few days ago. That was totally too much and uncalled for.

"Paranoid" would have been sufficient

Cog

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    But, now watch all your groupies come out of the

woodwork and giggle about what a smart, funny, sexy guy you are....lol Cog? Fifi? A&W? Wings?

Groupie? Please! I've given birth to Hillary's twins for God's sake and he faithfully sends the support cheque every month for little Ichabod and Isabelle. I think I qualify as more than just a mere groupy. How does "mistress of mean" sound to you? Sort of a nice ring to it, I think.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit