Do you need help finding Jesus?

by real one 179 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

sorry real one, but the more I read the gospels, the less Jesus seemed like a real person to me. have you never noticed how often the apostles asked him questions and he starts off on a rant...never even acknowledging their question? Its like they were not even there....and why would he spit and make mud for one dudes eye and have him go bathe in water somewhere, when all others had to do was touch his garmet. The water he washed in would for SURE become a holy place.......not real to me...................oompa

• real one
    real one

oompa when we get to heaven maybe we will ask Jesus lots of questions but for right now all we can do is pray for Holy Spirit to guide our imperfect minds . my guess is sometimes he had to do exta things to get his goals accomplished. like the demon possesed person. the apostles could not free him but Jesus could. he explained why. sometimes the apostles ask questions that they should have known the answers to because they were with him so long they should have known. Jesus was only here for a short time so he didnt have time to waste. you can bet he didnt spend time with his feet up on the couch watching tv.(or whatever they did back then). Jesus liked us to use our minds thats why he spoke the way he spoke. I love Jesus!

• Caedes
    Caedes

DD,

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by 'it's your nickel'? What exactly were you asking me before?

Real one,

No answer? The way you were talking you gave the impression that you had all the answers.

• real one
    real one

caedes,caedes,caedes...i do not question the Mighty One about why He made you the way you are. You have your own free will. That is just like a homosexual saying he was born this way. Maybe he has desires but once you learn about God we are suppose to learn to call on him to help us fight those desires that are contrary to His will.

Why dont you call on His name and ask him to help you to have faith. I dont have all the answers by far but I do know how to pray and ask for Gods wisdom in all circumstances. God only wants to protect us form the evil one but only if you let him. You dont seem to be afraid of Satan but you should be. Not having Gods protection against him you dont stand a chance. I will pray for you as i do for a lot of people on this forum. I love you all!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

real one - you said ""watch yourself"" to mouthy - dude that is our forum granny and I know many people will stalk you for even slightly threatening her.

Okay I've come back again - hmmmm in my last post I said I admired your zeal, I think I need to retract that because this is not zeal - each to their own still though. I must say I do not like your preachy tones - far to JW like.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Real one,

Caedes, a name so good you had to say it three times, eh?

My god given free will tells me to subject everything to intellectual scrutiny, no exceptions. But leaving aside the use of my god given abilities for the moment, you are telling me that my atheism is contrary to god's will. How do you know that? Do you have a direct line to god? On what basis are you correct (regarding the means of salvation) and every other theist on the planet wrong?

Since my god given abilities are telling me that I should just think for myself then I don't have any reason to incur his wrath by going against his decision to make me an atheist. It's funny but I seem to recall that jesus made some point about how birds and flowers don't have to worry if god loves and cares for them, he just does it because they are his creation. It seems a fair point considering that jesus is quoted as saying 'my burden is light'

No, I am not worried about satan in much the same way that you are not worried about cerberus.

Please don't pray for me, pray for an end to famine or earthquakes or someone else with some real problems. I think your god has bigger responsibilities to address than my lack of faith.

• real one
    real one

Loubelle..dont hate the witness they preach out of some sort of misguided love im sure but thats what we are suppose to do (preach out of pure love)what happened to the love on this board? I dont threaten anyone my Lord fights my battles. so yall need to watch out for the Lord

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I found JESÚS!!! I'm SAVED!!!

He was trying to break into my car and steal my stereo, but the cops got him and SAVED my car's stereo!!!

• real one
    real one

Caedes...see that is where you are wrong God does care about you. if God did not care about you we would not have any contact. God cares about everyone on this board. He made you to worship and glorify Him. Dont let Satan take away your chance of everlasting life

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Real One is a trip. Can't seem to give any bio about him/her/it self. Just stirring things up out of self-rightousness I suppose. Is English your second language? Why do you move around so much? What a powerful person...the Lord will take care of Granny? The Lord is Real One's minion? I didn't know asylums allowed access to computers. Mouthy is a very beloved person here. You watch out for yourself buddy. Your words don't even resemble the tone of Christ. You are just appearing 'as an angel or light". Your scrip. quotes are not impressive. Satan has a good command of the scriptures. He tempted Jesus with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit