Bethel layoffs in 2008 - 300+ and counting

by sir82 139 Replies latest jw friends

• trudy
    trudy

To proplog2 Do you dare question the Watchtower Organization leaders? and their teachings? What would happen to a JW if they did? Apparently the same action would be taken against them in the Catholic church. Jesus warned us about the teachings of the Scribe and Pharisee's and their leaven. Listen to his sayings, do not put your trust in men nor nobles where salvation does not belong. FEAR GOD!

• proplog2
    proplog2

mcsemike:

What you have experienced has been unfortunate but not catastrophic.

You need to transcend your hate. As proverbs says "The taking of offense is in the heart of the stupid one".

You are "stuck" at your "sick point". You think you are too "special" to suffer. It's so unfair. Right? I'm sure you know what bull shit you are telling yourself to avoid getting through the "impasse".

You need more work.

....but, don't we all.

You are way too judgemental of JW's.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Proplog2..You still don`t get it..Jehovah`s Witness`s and the WBT$,are not one and the same.....Jehovah`s Witness`s are abused on a daily basis,by the WBT$........This Thread is about the abuse of Jehovah`s Witness`s,by the WBT$..Not..The abuse of Jehovah`s Witness`s by Jehovah`s Witness`s.................Every time you make a post supporting a WBT$ decision that hurts a JW..You support the abuse of Jehovah`s Witness`s,by the WBT$......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Hey Ted J. look at this

What

It's a lame horse on page 23

FIRE EM ALL !!!!!!!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Prolog2: Don't analyze me, you aren't qualified. I hate the bad that people do while destroying lives. When those people are told or warned about their behavior, and the GB has been many times, and yet arrogantly ignore the obvious truth, then the Bible says to hate what is bad and those practicing evil would get no mercy. The GB are worse than the Pharisees.

Jesus took offense at how the the temple was being used. Jehovah took offense at the behavior of the Jews. And don't even insinuate that I'm stupid because I choose to expose the perverts. The stupid ones are the JW's who blindly follow an organization in spite of all the proofs that it is NOT the truth. You are just picking the verses you need to look good and to appear to be a wise sage. Nice try, but I told you you weren't going to wiggle out of this using psychology. You don't know enough.

My 9 year old child was raped by a MS who was known to be a pedophile. Those elders knew he was doing repair work on my house, yet they never warned us. I WILL hate that policy and anyone who knowingly supports it. It is the same as defending the Nazis and what they did to the Jews just because Hitler told you he had the truth. In fact, that's mostly why the Germans obeyed him.

I'm not stuck at any "sick point". I suggest you spend your time doing more research before you make ignorant comments about those of us who expose the cruelties of the WT or how the WT isn't that bad. You might soon find yourself pounced on by people who have endured unspeakable cruelties by the GB. Check out Silent Lambs if you don't believe me. The WT is a cult and that's final. I don't have to convince you, it happens to be a fact. We on this board see your kind come and go all the time. If you like the WT so much, then become a CO where you can be ignorant and proud of it.

I never said I was too special to suffer. We have all suffered, many more than I have. YOU are the one full of bullshit and it's a shame since you follow a cult that pumps out more bullshit than any group I've ever seen in my life. The ratio of the WT's hubris vs. truth is the worst of any religion. I'm not at any impasse. Next, you'll pull out a WT and quote how I've lost God's favor because of independent thinking or some other hollow excuse.

I don't need any work, especially compared to you. And you'll never be the one to know if I do nor will you be capable of providing that work. Try posting your manure on Silent Lambs and see how long you last. You've already received some criticism on this thread due to your stupidity.

How can anyone be too critical of the WT? First of all, they don't allow it. The GB knows EVERYTHING. And if they don't, they still claim to be better than the rank and file. With a zero percent success rate, that's quite an arrogant claim. There is so much you don't know about the WT, it isn't funny. Even Satan could hardly be too critical of the WT. They've broken every rule in the Bible.

I'm not going to read any more of your posts. You obviously don't care to know the truth. I've met many active JW's and those who drift in and out. Many of them want to appear as wise old sages so they learn second grade psychology and then try to explain how millions who have been hurt by the WT are the ones at fault. I bet you'd support Jim Jones if you were in that cult. You are still receiving corrections and continue to spew opinions on the level of a person with an IQ of 40.

You aren't supposed to be on this site if you're a JW. And if you are not, then you are allowed to do any research necessary to find the truth. Danny Hazzard (sp?) has a good site on how they ruined his health. Thousands of families have been destroyed by the WT's rules. The WT will not apologize and if you question why they changed things, you get booted out. I refuse to let a group of men who are this ignorant (the GB) to direct my life. Millions are now suffering financial and health problems because they didn't make a career with their lives when they had the chance. The WT doesn't care. In my opinion, they deserve all the "way too critical" comments they receive.

I told you I was done being nice with you. My final advice to you: "The proctologist called. They found your head."

• horrible life
    horrible life

Proplog2 said:

mcsemike:

What you have experienced has been unfortunate but not catastrophic.

I think, what happened to mcsemike, was catastrophic. If that had happened to my family, in my home, by a person who was held up, to be trusted, my faith in the WORLD would have been shaken.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I didn't want to add this to the post above.

mcsemike, I felt like I was stabbed in the heart, when I read about your daughter. I am so sorry.

A question, that is none of my business, feel free not to answer if you don't want to. Apparently, your wife went along with the WT views. How would she have felt, about the governor of your state, issuing a pardon, or parole to a known, guilty child molester, with nobody monitoring him?

If not a witness, would she not rally against his re-election? Would she not go on every TV station, and talk to every reporter, telling the story?

I would disrupt every speech he made, stand across the street, from his home, and the state capitol, with a sign, telling everybody he was just as guilty.

Yep, I know why your are the #1 apostate in your state. Your wife should tied with you for the #1 spot.

• newbyThisTime
    newbyThisTime

Does this have anything to do with it?

I just remember this thing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114191/1998390/post.ashx#1998390

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I thought this thread was sad and horrible enough... and then I read your experience, McseMike. Dear gods, I am so, so sorry.

Love and great strength to you and your daughter for what you have endured...
    and strength to us all.

Love,
    Baba.

(edited to say: Hello and welcome, NewbyThisTime.)

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Hey Guys,

Go easy on Proglog2 - I beleive that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and even though you may not agree about others, it's good that some can vent there frustrations.

It's a tragedy this round of lay-offs, and this is just the beginning. I was speaking to some from the Canadian Bethel, and they were looking for voluteers to leave the Canada Branch a few years back. It's just a matter of time. This legal rendering of someone that swears a vow of poverty is puzzling. In Canada you can qualify for a two pensions CCP, and Old Age security. Even if you haven't made contributions to the later, you still get the Old Age security at age 65. I think that in time we will know what legal requirements that these ones will have, but keep in mind. The Soc is in care of voluntary resources, whether that is Human resources, or financial resources. How they manage these is a matter of time for the legal opinions to uncover.

I just have to include myself in this monster thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit