Bethel layoffs in 2008 - 300+ and counting

by sir82 139 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

FIRE the whole "Faithful slave" maker class since their false prophecies show they don't earn their keep. I won't my contirbutions BACK I would rather give to Scientology...at least they rip you off fair and sqaure.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

blondie

It they "warned" the congregation, how could they do that. If the person had been reproved, privately or publicly, they can't mention what it was for. The only people that could know is the elder body, especially the ones on the judicial committee. And what about the people outside the congregation, non jws and jws in other neighboring congregations?

People fool themselves.

so really the only ones in a postion to protect their children are elders who do know about any pedophiles in their congregation and anyone else the pedophile confesses to.

But I still think it is important to talk about it and discuss the situation even if there is no straightforward solution for the present.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

People, proplog is a troll. The reason this thread is pages and pages long is because he deliberately incites indignation to fulfill his own delusional "agenda": to make lurkers aware that we're actually all frothing-at-the-mouth apostates. He's obviously not "with it," and will continue to devalue whatever experience you may have. DONT FEED THE TROLLS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Proplog has been here since 2001. I don't think he is a troll, even though I DO NOT agree with him.

Burn

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Proplog has been here since 2001. I don't think he is a troll, even though I DO NOT agree with him.

If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, but has over 2000 posts....?

• proplog2
    proplog2

Mr. Majestic:

I did not accuse mcsemike of negligence. I said that because I don't know his situation I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a case where he was as vigilant as could be reasonably expected. This is just the opposite of accusing him.

But then I said that this same lack of information should keep us from jumping to the conclusion that it was all the fault of the local witnesses.

The person that performed the act is definitely responsible for his actions.

Outlaw was not giving me the benefit of the doubt. He was using his lack of information to suggest that I am a child molester.

That's like the prosecutor asking the accused to answer yes or no - "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Proplog2..You pride yourself on putting a spin on subjects that come up on this board..............You put a spin on anything negative the WBT$ does.....Massive Bethelite Lay off`s..The 2 witness Child Molestation rule..Ect..Ect..Ect.....I spin you..And..You throw a Hissy Fit!!..LOL!!......You dish it out,but you can`t take it..Baby 3.....Propolg2 Sings the Blues..Treble ClefNotes.."Spinning`s no fun/when your the one that gets spun!"..NotesTreble Clef..LOL!!............................Here`s a little tune I wrote just for you.."Cry me a river/Propolg2/you like to spin/this time the spin was on you!"..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• proplog2
    proplog2

daniel-p:

I have made many comments about my problems with Watchtower teachings. I disagree with them on probably 90% of their teachings.

1. I believe in evolution - but I can see why JW's and other religions feel the need to discredit it.
    2. I don't believe in their blood doctrine but I can see the slippery slope that got them there.
    3. I don't like the idea of reporting and keeping records of everyone's field service - but I can understand that if they didn't people probably wouldn't spread the message at all.
    4. I don't believe in their interpretation of 99% of prophecy - but I can see where maybe their misunderstanding is necessary.
    5. I agree completely with their stance on war & politics - but I harbor resentment over their policy about alternative service that sent many to jail needlessly.
    6. I don't believe in the need of the elders' approval before a person can get baptized. I don't believe you should have to wait until an assembly to get baptized. I believe any disciple male or female who has been baptized can baptize someone else.
    7. I believe disfellowshipping for smoking is wrong.
    8. I don't believe you need to confess sins to elders. - but, I believe confession to someone may be therapeutic. And some people need to confess anonymously as catholics do in a confession booth. A person who confesses should never be disfellowshiped.
    9. I believe a person should have a trial before the whole congregation before they are disfellowshipped. That way each individual could make a personal decision about how they wanted to relate to the individual.
    10. Even though the Watchtower now rejects date setting for the end.. I think it is a natural consequence of planning ones future.
    11. I believe some parts of the Bible are inspired and other parts are not.
    12. I disagree with their policy on education.
    13. I feel there needs to be a system for doctrinal discussion and argument with peer review publications. I see nothing wrong with dissent short of schism.
    14. I believe individual congregations should be allowed to sponsor missionaries.
    15. I believe the book study should be a free and open discussion because it is a small group.
    16. I believe assemblies should be broken up into modules and each individual could sign up for seminars dealing with problems they feel the need to work on.

I could go on & on.

The one thing I don't like is the unproductive slamming of the organization. Organizations are collectives of human beings and they should at least be respected. Criticize their teachings but it is of no value to call them names.

So, if this makes me a troll. Fine. There are GOOD TROLLS and there are EVIL TROLLS.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Proplog2, You don't get points for being the perpetual Devil's advocate. You get negative points for being an insensitive a$$hole to our real experiences in the organization. Aparently, you've never been kicked in the teeth and stomach by it. The imaginary "lurkers" that you pander to are likely disgruntled for very good reasons, and no amount of sing-song bull$% from you is going to make the steaming pile of poop that is the WTS look like a bed of gardenias.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Daniel-p..If you look on this Thread....Proplog2 threw a "Hissy fit" when I put a spin on him..LOL!!..He does that to people every day on this board..When it happens to him,he`s outraged..LOL!!.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit