If you believe in Evolution then your a fool! God really is REAL!

by Blackboo 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Many wasps are parasitic. Some, like the scoliid wasps, lay their eggs inside a caterpillar or in beetle grubs. As the eggs develop, they eat the doomed host animal from the inside out."
    God sure has a weird way of showing his love.

And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

I also prefer to eat my food from the outside in. The horror!

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

1. What is God? What is Holy spirit? These are serious questions that KILL all the silly beliefs about how the earth or universe got here..and here is why. Think about this for a second why would god exist eternally? Think of it as a picture showing NOTHING but God. How can God spring from nothing or just dwell in nothing if he did EXIST. How can God just APPEAR with no EXPLANATION. Its mighty funny how intelligent and sincere these folks who preach these silly fairy tales about life as fact is down right insulting to anyone with common sense and a naturally selected brain to reason.

2. How can God exist forever without explanation??? Think about it folks..lets be real here.

3. How can anything be created by a spiritual being from the nothing around him? Its very obvious that the Sun, Moon, and Stars are a product and evidence of matter.

4. How can God be AWARE of ANYTHING much less ETERNAL? If from Billions of years luck struck..then what was the object that began God??

Truth is we don't know where we came from, if there is a creative force, it could be some kind of god, or it could have been a spontaneous energetic reaction. It does my head in to think about it. How about we just enjoy the physical bodies we have and try to get along. ;o)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Blackboo - When you make bold statments about things you don't understand, the only possible outcome is embarrasing yourself. You admit that you don't understand the proposed methods of evolution. You don't understand the structure of DNA and the processes of mutation.

Do yourself a favor - Take a college course (if your faith allows this), or if not - read some books. I don't mean to try to disprove it. Before you can convincingly disprove something - you have to understand it. I mean really read it and try to understand the complexities of it. Sure - biochemistry is an extremely deep subject, but there are introductory text that will give you all you need.

If that's too complex - then do as others have indicated - look at the animal kingdom. Think about the "grand designs" and what they suggest about the nature of their creator. Why do spiders paralyze their victims with nerve toxin until they are ready to be consumed. What kind of nightmare is that. Why does every creature have features designed specifically for killing, or not being killed. Violence is what drives evolution. It makes total sense. Does it make sense that a loving God would create everything to kill each other? Or would he have made everything vegetarian? And dont tell us this changed after the flood! There is a huge body of fossil evidence of dinosours with crunched up littler dinosours in their bellies! Animals have always eaten each other.

And just because 95% of intelligent people in the world accept evolution as fact, doesn't mean that they don't beleive in God having kicked off the process. In fact I think about 45% of american scientists DO belive that God started up evoluion. But again - if you believe this, then the creation must reflect god's personality. Think abou it.

REALLY think about it, and come back to us after you at least understand what you're aruging against.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    1. What is God? What is Holy spirit? These are serious questions that KILL all the silly beliefs about how the earth or universe got here..and here is why. Think about this for a second why would god exist eternally? Think of it as a picture showing NOTHING but God. How can God spring from nothing or just dwell in nothing if he did EXIST. How can God just APPEAR with no EXPLANATION. Its mighty funny how intelligent and sincere these folks who preach these silly fairy tales about life as fact is down right insulting to anyone with common sense and a naturally selected brain to reason.

2. How can God exist forever without explanation??? Think about it folks..lets be real here.

3. How can anything be created by a spiritual being from the nothing around him? Its very obvious that the Sun, Moon, and Stars are a product and evidence of matter .

4. How can God be AWARE of ANYTHING much less ETERNAL? If from Billions of years luck struck..then what was the object that began God??

Just to address part of #1, as well as #2 and #4. The thrust of your statement I think, is that God had to have a beginning. However, we are here conversing as temporal beings. We exist in time, in the chain of causality. Beginning and end. Cause and effect. The one always comes before the other. God, as I understand Him, is not a part of this chain. He is not in Time, or bounded by it. Hence, no need to explain a beginning, since cause and effect have no meaning in the eternal realm. The Universe, however, clearly is bounded by time, and our current scientific understanding is that it had a beginning.

As for #3, our understanding of the beginning of the Universe, really does seem to be an ex nihilo event. We do not see evidence of any matter before that singularity. Of course, the event itself is a firewall preventing our seeing further back in time, perhaps because there was no "time" before that event.

Truth is we don't know where we came from, if there is a creative force, it could be some kind of god, or it could have been a spontaneous energetic reaction.

Well, certainly we don't know in a scientific sense.

Burn

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I agree with LtCmd.Lore, and the fact that you started with "what are nothing" just freaked me out.

I have studied the human body on a macro and micro level, I have studied evolutionary biology and chemistry, all at university and I can safely say no one knows for sure, its all faith based.

Darwin has been rejected by biologists as has freud by psychologists, but it was a start.

You cant mix existentialism and evolutionary biology together. One is a process, one is a reason.

Further, you cant think of the universe and the Human as the "end game", we are not the superior being and we arent the zenith. i.e. a dog can run FASTER, an ape is STRONGER, a turtle lives LONGER, a rat breeds FASTER and a bat is a mammal that can FLY. I could go on.

We have our strengths but that doesn't make us superior, just better adapted.

The basic belief in evolution does not disproof GOD either plural or mono, it simply offers a "how" option which Genesis or the gnostics or muslims etc dont.

Genesis says that GOD created man from dust, we know that is not literal, dust must signify particles, atoms etc. Whether he did literally or by relying on predetermined mathematical laws is irrelevant. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set), in fact the process is completely irrelevant, what is of most importance is who and why, not how.

If you beleive in GOD , the process is of no importance, who cares if we were created from "dust", apes, giraffes or a mud puddle, we simply dont know. If you dont believe in GOD, you have to look at the WHY, WHO and HOW much more closely.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Aphrodite, the mathematical probability of our being here is so slim that If their is one chance in infinity of our being here than the possibilities are endless. That is, If time itself is infinite, and the universe continues to re establish itself from nothing. If you think about it, you come from nothing. You never existed before you were born. I think of the universe in its entirety, as being here just because it has to be. The proof is, Were here! So if you went into a state of non- existence before, what's so bad about dieing. Thats just the state you were in before you were born. Non - existance! Isn't that then the right conditions for renewal. After all you came from nothing. Who's to say you can't exist again, to take another form, just because it has to be, in the next renewal cycle. Everything in life and nature renews itself. It lives, it dies. It lives it dies. Cycles! The universe is experiencing different forms of consciousness. There's no God dam reason for anything to be here, and yet here we are. What can I say, I have to deal with it. I'm am a small part of Gods consiousness from that original explosion where he separated his consciousness throuout the universe. It just has to be.

Why question what you will never understand unless you are part of the whole in omnipotence? All things in the universe seem to have a balance or opposite like, Night, day, or negative positive. Where the is a deficit there is something else to take its place in the balance. The opposite of" something", is "nothing." Therefore one cannot exist without the other. Therfore we will always be here, because of these two things co existing, it must be eternal. If I die, then I must live, because the opposite of living is dying. Thats just the way it is. If we are here for anything, it is to add our consciousness to the collective experience of the universe. The universe has developed intelligence because it is eternal. It has to happen. We are proof of it. Consciousness is expanding just as the universe is expanding.

All that that makes up who you are can be brought down to organic material minerals and things that can be found in the the ground or what I would like to call stardust. The ground always renews itself. Therfore the possibilty exists that we may experince consciousness in another form in the next great cycle when the universe collapses and the big bang repeats itself. In some ways I feel that the universe couldn't exist without death and renewal. That is why I say, is this what Einstein meant when he said, " Did God have a choice in creating the universe? Perhaps that is why God is givin the name" I am what I am," because he didn't have a choice in the matter!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

See "circular logic".

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Blackboo:

Hilarious stuff! I think you forgot: "My grandfather's not a monkey" but otherwise you've managed to cover just about every idiotic creationist canard I've ever heard and a few new ones. A house evolving into a car. I mean, it's so stupid it's not even wrong. Brilliant!

See http://www.landoverbaptist.org/subjectarchive/creationscience.html for similar parodies.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My chief concern about this thread is that it shall forever cast a shadow on black boos everywhere, whatever a black boo may be.

Perhaps some sort of disclaimer should be made:

The opinions and views expressed by the OP are not representative of those held by all black boos.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Blackboo,

I didn't read any of the posts on this thread, so this may be a repetition, but the nature of your statement:

If you believe in Evolution then your a fool! God really is REAL!

Is inflammatory.

If you want to help us see that God is the Creator, why don't you use a different tone?

You come off like a judgmental fanatic.

Lighten up jerk.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit