If you believe in Evolution then your a fool! God really is REAL!

by Blackboo 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DT
    DT
    The fact that you can see life in other people is enough to believe your existence is real and not a delusion.

I have no problem accepting my own existence. It's the only thing I can really be certain of. The existence of matter is an assumption, because all I have is my experience of it. I can't prove that my experience corresponds to reality or that there even is a reality beyond my experience. To assume a creator of matter is to make an assumption about an assumption. Quantum mechanics even provides experimental evidence that indicates matter needs consciousness to exist. If you insist on an always present consciousness, it's simpler to look inward than outward. You are asking good questions, but identifying your hidden assumptions might help you to ask even better ones.

• veradico
    veradico

Evolution avoids explaining the origin of life because it is a science. Science does not deal with things that can't be tested. That's why it works. Anyone can make a religion that explains where life came from because the only limit is one's imagination. Science may start with an imagined hypothesis, but then it must be tested, challenged, overturned, replaced, tested, overturned, replaced, until the weight of supporting data makes a theory virtually unassailable, though it may not be as poetic as "In the beginning, the Word was, and the Word was with God." And still, the scientific process should assail the theory, testing every remaining aspect of it. Evolutionary biology is still a young science. Indeed, all of the sciences are still young. Thus, there are many unexplained phenomena and unanswered questions. But science will not create imaginary or fantastic answers to those questions and then rest in the comfort of faith.

• 5go
    5go
    But science will not create imaginary or fantastic answers to those questions and then rest in the comfort of faith.

Actually it does but that is a matter for a different debate on scientist and their ethics not science it's self.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

One thing that I would to add is that the theory of evolution has grown and evolved within its understanding from its original concept 100 years ago.

Today there are numerous supporting sciences that collaborate with evolutionary science such as bio-mechanics and genetics etc.

Yes we are ever changing and evolving organisms.

Religion is more of a study and belief in spiritual philosophy, in contrary evolution is a study of procured factual evidence through discovery

God's started to exist and develop in the human psyche out ignorance of the world we live in.

Thankfully through scientific discovery and knowledge you have now discovered how life evolves and reproduces its self.

and there is no evidence of spiritualism being involved in that process.

It is true that the big bang theory is not a solid explanation of all the matter of the universe but it is the best explanation to date

perhaps in the future with as man pursues and gathers more evidence we might have a better answer.

God is only real in the minds of ignorance and imagination

• DT
    DT

"No evolution talks about what happens to life after it exists. I don't think evolution has much to do with the argument you are trying to make. It's possible to believe in God and evolution. If you are going to call people fools for their beliefs, it would be nice to better clarify what you are arguing against. " THIS IS A QUOTE FROM ONE OF THE APOSTATES IN HERE I FORGOT WHICH ONE BUT ANYWAYS EVOLUTION MAKES THE CLAIM A MOLECULE SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATED AND ALL LIFE RESULTED FROM THIS EVENTUALLY THIS IS A FACT

Welcome apostate 111. I'm glad you joined in our apostasy by associating with us. The fact that you seem to disagree with us is of secondary importance. Some people who believe in evolution claim life arose spontaneously, but evolutionary theory itself doesn't make this claim or address that issue. Oh, and molecules arise spontaneously all the time. It's an observed fact. It's more difficult to explain how a cell could arise spontaneously, but that doesn't mean it can't be explained in the future.

• DT
    DT
    It feels like I have "free will," but I can't rationally defend the existence of free will, when it's given a robust definition that is at all satisfying.

Interesting thoughts. I think it is rational to have belief in free will because if you are wrong, then you have no choice in the matter. If you do have a choice, you may as well be right about it. Of course, that doesn't mean the truth of free will can be rationally defended. I wonder about free will too. I think I have some, but I wonder how much I am controlled by other things. Whenever I do anything nice, I can usually find some selfish reason for it. Maybe I have no choice but to act selfishly and it only appears that I have morals and free will.

• DT
    DT

FACT#4 ALL LIFE COMES FROM EXISTING LIFE

FACT#5 JEHOVAH HAS ALWAYS EXISTED

?????????

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    U have to begin somewhere and that somewhere starts with God..u cannot start upon nothing or empy space.

If the fact that something is complex proves it was created, then logically God must be the most compex of all and logically he must have been created too! So who created God???

• veradico
    veradico

(Whoever started this evolution thread: Sorry I slightly hijacked it with my free will comment, but I want to respond to DT.)

Yes. When I look back at my thought process, I can always locate the causal chain that led up to my actions. I don't mind that they were not "free." But in the present it feels like I'm free, and, if I'm not a free moral agent, it's hard to see how I or anyone else could be held ethically responsible for anything. "Sure. Someone's body pulled a trigger on a gun and shot someone else's body, but they only did so because of a an endless causal chain leading back to the movements of the first atoms." Everything operates in certain ways in accord with its specific physical nature. Behind psychology lies biology. Biology can be reduced to chemistry. In the end, it's all particles and void. Even if randomness is a factor (i.e., the uncertainty principle), that's not freedom; it's just chaos, madness. I might redefine free will as "something caused by the dynamic collection of physical and mental properties I identify as my 'self,'" as opposed to something imposed on me by some external influence. But that's not satisfying when I realize that all the movements of the atoms of which I consist are, in a very real sense, determined by their physical nature and thus by the "laws" which emerge therefrom.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    "God really is REAL!" ?? Now there's a persuasive argument.

And if that's not persuasive enough, he'll follow up by saying: God is really, really, REAL! Really!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit