I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sounds reasonable enough to me to expect folks to attend EVERY meeting. After all, people need their sleep.......

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Blondie,

the brother was not df'd for adultry. It happened b4 he was baptized. He sluffed off their direction in getting forgiveness from the wife, so based on his not following direction and attitude he was df'd. That's why it was later recinded

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is true cult style. The key to brainwashing is repetition, hence why 3 meetings a week is so important. I expect more ongoing emphasis on regularity.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If an Israelite had decided he didn't need to obey Moses and finish crossing the red sea to be saved. He would be killed with the Egyptian army when the red sea came back.

So an Israelite sees this wall of water ready to crush him if he doesn't cross, and an army behind him.
    Moses wasn't going to do anything if they didn't listen. He was going to move on with those that were
    left.

Now they put the world in the roll of that army, but that's not enough. The elders have to be that
    wall of water ready to crash down on you.

• 5go
    5go

So an Israelite sees this wall of water ready to crush him if he doesn't cross, and an army behind him.
    Moses wasn't going to do anything if they didn't listen. He was going to move on with those that were
    left.

Now they put the world in the roll of that army, but that's not enough. The elders have to be that
    wall of water ready to crash down on you.

I think he implied Jehovah was going to do it but we know who Jehovah really is. (see Theodore Jaracz or any other GB member)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok - we've missed quite a few meetings lately (and loved every extra ounce of precious time spent doing the things life is meant for). And we've received a couple of invitations for the proverbial 'shepherding' call.

Just wondering - would the price of gas lately fly? I mean, once you add up all the driving expenses in time, money, wear-and-tear on the vehicle, etc. you seriously have to ask yourself, if as WT Wizard said, you are getting any VALUE for your expenditure...2 hours of the same old, same old.

I seriously think they are more interested in back ends parked on seats, who cares about minds? Most of them are half-asleep anyway, from what I have been observing, elders foremost!

Which brings me to another matter. What I have been seeing at the hall on the few occasions I've been there lately is a FULL parking lot, but a lot of empty seats inside...so it seems to me that people must each be driving one vehicle. Years ago, many would travel together but with busier schedules, it would seem this is no longer possible. Heck, in some families, even the wife and husband arrive separately - he earlier to deal with 'congregation' responsibilities, so there's 2 vehicles for 1 family.

It really is sad that the meetings have to be about meeting attendance - or as another poster put it the other day on another thread - announcements are about future announcements.

Can the END for this cult truly be far away?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Glad my publisher record cards are 3,000 miles away from where I live. I forgot to let them know that I moved. Oops!

• blondie
    blondie

Did I say he was df'd for adultery...only that a dfing issue was the basis of the initial process.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Reptiles

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What the heck is a "vulgar and okie saying" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit