I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN
    Not to hijack the thread but any x-co's out there that can enlighten the class about what it's like when they get chewed out?

Not, an x-Elder, but a current one. I remember the first time I was in a meeting with the CO. As a ministerial servant I recalled how "delightful" the meeting with the CO was. I remember thinking "Oh how wonderful it must be for the Elders to be blessed with two additional hours with the CO!". My first meeting with the CO was a rude awakening! I thought Satan himself entered the room! I was shell shocked! But, afterward a fellow Elder told me not to get down. "A dog's bark is much worse than his bite." he told me. After I settled down and thought about it, he was right. What is the most a CO could do? Recommend that we be removed? Okay, now who's going to care for the congregation? Brother "Just enough to not get appointed"? Each subsequent meeting became comical. I recall one CO raising his voice and demanding answers. When none of us Elders jumped up to answer he quit his "interrogation tactics" and calmed down.

• Roddy
    Roddy

From now on the elders will be making shepherding calls on those that are not attending regularly.

Also, it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

That's going to backfire. And there goes all the talks and denials that the elders are not the policemen of the congregation. And everyone is now a potential informant to the elders. Now you can't really trust anyone.

Oh, yeah. I smell big backfire in the works. And a rise in the usual paranoia level.

Anyone remember when the elders had the unsavory job of being the "bedroom police" to every married couple in the congregation about two decades ago? What a fiasco that was!

(Sorry for the red font. I wanted to change a word but I ended up changing all my words and I can't restore it back. I still don't know the ins and outs of this forum software. LOL!)

• 5go
    5go

I should alert this topic I found out what it was. I have a new District Overseer and he chewed out my Circuit Overseer (may be the all of the CO's I don't know for sure) on the whole circuit's attendance numbers being down. Which explains why my congregation which doesn't have a problem got the local needs talk on it. Which also sounded just like the Circuit needs talk at my recent Circuit Assembly.

• golf2
    golf2

They now I'm a lost cause, so, I don't worry or think about it.

Golf

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

the noose may have tightened but my neck is no longer in the loop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit