I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I always post my wild theories.

Here it is:
    They know that the 3% growth last year was heavily manipulated to acheive. They know they
    cannot maintain it unless they get some irregulars to stay regular. They don't give a rat's ass
    about the members but just need to show growth next year.

Even if this isn't Borgwide, the Borg will be hounding the congregations to improve numbers
    heavily.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

Now, that's funny. My pastor, well suited to his vocation, always kept an eye on his congregation. Many times he'd come up and ask me to check in on this person or another because he hadn't seen them in a couple weeks. I hadn't noticed! I guess that is one advantage for the guys at the front of the room. They're facing the faces.

It kind of reminds me of the watchtower society conductor, struggling to remember a sister or a brother's name in the crowd.

The "shepherds" aren't terribly in touch with the flock, are they? That's astounding neglect, considering my pastor cared for a congregation 400-strong, and all the elders has to watch over is a measly 20 or 30, tops.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

same ol tune. I've been in several congregation where the body of elders do not do a single shepherding call until days b4 the CO shows up. The have a schedule in hand and the CO basically tells them to get going on it. A week later it's forgotten.

The PO in one congregation I was in told me straight to my face that "The CO is here for a week and then he's gone".

I stated many times this organization is a corporation and thats that. However on this level it's a poorly run corporation. The CO's basically act like managers. How many companies do well when the manager only shows up twice a year and takes the word of a supervisor over physical evidence.

Another year of elders caring little for the flock. I doubt we'll see anything significant out of all this. I'm certainly not expecting any calls.

• 5go
    5go
    I always post my wild theories.

My wild theory

They are really trying to get all faders nationally. So when they pay a visit to the irregular the has so long to become regular or they will be announced as not being JW at a meeting. Citing their refusal to obey counsel and regularly attend meetings.

Basically not the worst case scenario but getting there.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My wild theory

5go, you are getting close to them being a kool aid cult.
    They will get to that point one day. They will use fear of cutting
    off as an incentive not to be irregular or fade. They aren't there yet,
    I don't imagine it for 2008, but soon.

Expect this a year or two after some hounding fails to produce positive
    growth.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Not obeying the elders is very serious. Word for word quote from the last DC that I attended (2006):

"Disobeying the elders is the same as divination and idolatry." I couldn't believe my ears, but I was taking notes.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how many you can miss? Can you never be sick? Can you never be out of town? I knew elders that traveled during the week for their jobs and were never seen except on weekends. Did anyone check up on them? What about vacations, do you need to get a signed slip from the congregations you attend on the road? hahahahahaha

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

It sounds like the organization is bleeding members and this is one method they think will help stem that tide and possibly reverse it so as to bring in new ones and old ones alike. However, I thought about how if this does not increase the rank and file, then they could spin it as the separating work at the end of the last days to further promote the hype of getting in before its too late. All in all, it does seem to be a bit desperate as thought the GB may be attempting to avoid something catastrophic.

..truth.ceeker..

• 5go
    5go
    5go, you are getting close to them being a kool aid cult.
    They will get to that point one day. They will use fear of cutting
    off as an incentive not to be irregular or

No even I see that years maybe decades away. It's got to start somewhere later after it happens we will say this was the first real sign that they were changing into a true cult.

• poppers
    poppers
    Also, it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

Long live the Stasi and Gestapo - HEIL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit