I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oldflame
    oldflame
    I hope they don't come looking for me.

Oh I hope for just the opposite cause I will surely let them know just how I feel , which is nothing new to them but they seem to not get it. So if they show up at my door then I will politely slame my door in their face ! LOL

• 5go
    5go

To me when I was hearing this local needs part I was thinking "Well here it is finally the crackdown on faders. I bet this isn't a local needs at all. I better post this!"

That and the brother giving the opening prayer tipped the hand too. "Please Jehovah help us take in the local needs part tonight"

• JeffT
    JeffT

You know, my first thought was I'd love an invite to the hall. I'd sit in the WT study and give real answers to all the questions.

Doubt I'd get invited back.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

5go, they say "for-warned is for-armed."

So thank you for the update on the totalitarian regime's new progrom under the guise of local needs talks.

This could present a wonderful outcome for my parental unit the Spiritually Weak True Believer Sister and Her
    Unbelieving Mate, as well as us Wicked Unbaptized Kids, too.

I've been priming the pump at my parent's home for just such a shepherding call. The enforcers shall be humbled.

~Sue

P.S. to JK666: Buffoons is right on!

• freydi
    freydi

1Sam 8:10-19

10 Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, "This is what the king(WTBTS) who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve(AT BETHEL) with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots(DOOR TO DOOR). 12 Some he will assign to be commanders(ELDER/HOUNDERS) of thousands and commanders of fifties(CO's & DO's), and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters(WOMEN A LARGE ARMY) to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields(COLLECTION BOXES) and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle [b] and donkeys(CO AUTOS) he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and YOU YOURSELVES WILL BECOME HIS SLAVES(MEETING ATTENDANCE REQUIRED). 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day."(WHEN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS INSTEAD OF THE WTBTS)

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if this also means grabbing people that they deem at high risk of being apostates and dragging them to boasting sessions, and then forcing said people to live with host families so they cannot have any autonomy whatsoever. Disassociating oneself will result in getting grabbed and dragged into said arrangement at the discretion of the body of hounders (those who are single men with no prospects will be at highest risk of having this happen).

If they show up at my door, I will have to put my Christmas wreath back up and light it. And they are going to have one hell of a miserable time trying to get in. They can call my answering machine all they like, and that's all they are going to get. Should they manage to get in, I will have my Ouija board and Crisis of Conscience book ready for them. (Plus whatever Christmas decorations and music I can pull together.) Of course, if they show up and grab me when I am trying to work or go to or from work, and there are too many of them, then I will be up sxxx creek without a can of pepper spray (the stuff is not legally available for common citizens in my area without a permit). Or a paddle.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    Also, it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

If this turns out to be an all-congregation policy, it's the most overt encouragement to rat out others that I can ever recall coming from the JW's. That's wagon-circling if ever I heard it.

• Gordy
    Gordy

It really doesn't sound like anything new, heard it all before.

They used to say that when I was in. If you knew anyone who was missing from the meetings let the Elders know.

Plus the old line, "If you're not attending all the meetings - you will not get through Armageddon."

If the Elders in my last congregation are still the same. Then a person can expect a visit sometime during the next 5 years.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The way he put it he disobedience and lack of meeting attendance right now would be like being at the bottom of the red sea and deciding not to go further. Your going to die with the Egyptians when God closes the red sea over you.

Hey 5 !!!

Tell your elders that "Honesty" just passed through Barramiya on Route 212 less than 100 Clicks from the Red Sea and see if one of them volunteers to comes to the rescue before I slip down to the bottom.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>From now on the elders will be making shepherding calls on those that are not attending regularly.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Elders are already swamped, and now they're going to make tons of shepherding calls? This one's gonna die on the vine.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit