I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

If there was a letter to the BOE's about this, a scanned copy would be nice from one of our "undercover elders," or at least confirmation that this came from Brooklyn.

JK

I am willing to say it might be a local thing though the brother did focus on the national attendance figure he said in the US 37 out of 100 aren't attending meetings regularly.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    in the US 37 out of 100 aren't attending meetings regularly.

I guess 37% is too high-minded a statistic for the ineducated.

• 5go
    5go

No you see 37% is to close to 40% which sounds like half 50%.

They wanted to make it seem like it a small problem but serious 37 out of 100.

Trust me the brother almost said 37% it sounded like he was supposed to stick to an outline.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Thanks for the heads up 5....even though,i think they know better than to come see me..i can't be absoloutly positive some of the newer fellas won't get brave and think they know me by how they heard i was in there...-KS

• inkling
    inkling

Hey, weird! We had a very similar talk here.

The title was (gotta love the subtlety) "Even if you don't feel like it- Attend!"

The PO who gave it mentioned the shepherding calls thing too.... but didn't use the red sea example.

[ink]

• 5go
    5go
    The PO who gave it mentioned the shepherding calls thing too.... but didn't use the red sea example.

It sounded like the only part he ad libbed, so may be there was some leeway given in the outline.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

blah blah blah blah blah.....

Cult

Snakes ()

Ok..you all know I am not letting it go at that...this is either a) a local phenomena... b) directives from the Hounder Hounder (CO) ... c) directives from the Borg. If it is c), then expect it to be enforced via the Kingdom Ministry School (aka Elder's school) in 2008 and 2009 when all the elders go to the Borg Collective Compound (aka Watchtower Education Reindoctrination Center at Patterson). Now as far as practical application at the local yokel level.... some elders will be dead serious and make "Gestapo Visits"....others will just make the usual "social visits"..... I feel bad for those of you still in...I hope this starts to cut through your mental fog....believe me..no noggin was thicker than mine....23 years baptized/35 years total.

It continues to tell me that what I am reading in Steve Hassan's book about cults is absolutely true. Glad I am not an elder anymore.

peace out....

• 5go
    5go

One more thing he made it clear that the local BOE decided it not the GB.

It didn't sound like it was, My elder body is a live and let live BOE. They only pull this stuff if it comes from the top.

• heathen
    heathen

I thought they professed to be beyond the red sea and more like almost to the promised land .

• 5go
    5go
    I thought they professed to be beyond the red sea and more like almost to the promised land .

The way he put it he disobedience and lack of meeting attendance right now would be like being at the bottom of the red sea and deciding not to go further. Your going to die with the Egyptians when God closes the red sea over you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit