I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

We had an interesting local needs.

First it clearly stated if you are not making all the meetings you will not make it in to the new system period no exceptions. They twisted the story of the Red Sea to make an example. Saying you can not disobey once, or else you be left stuck in the bottom of the Red Sea.

From now on the elders will be making shepherding calls on those that are not attending regularly.

Also, it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

I get the feeling this wasn't only going to apply to my congregation alone. This sounded like a letter from bethel local needs talk.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I hope they don't come looking for me.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

From now on the elders will be making shepherding calls on those that are not attending regularly.

Also, it was stated that if you know of any not attending regularly. You are to report them to the book study overseer. So that they may receive a shepherding call.

Doesn't sound like they have a very good handle on who exactly needs help....

• JK666
    JK666

Why should those in the congregation report who is missing? Aren't the shepherds supposed to know their flock? Jesus knew when one out of 100 was missing!

Buffoons!

JK

• horrible life
    horrible life

Rat out your friends

Tell, Tell, Tell

Be Nosey, Be Nosey

Turn them in

Look around you

Report, Report

Don't look there

They're demonic

That's demonized

Watch out for them

Drive by

Beware

Keep your ears and eyes open

How can they keep getting away with this stuff? Standing on the outside looking in, it is so obvious. Makes me nauseous.

• flipper
    flipper

5 GO- My take on this is the circuit overseers have been reporting to Bethel that the laze-a$$ elders have NOT been doing the shepherding properly , so because the c.o.'s ratted the elders out to Bethel about not doing their jobs effeciently enough; now you will see a crack down to visit these poor sheeplike ones. Makes me want to hurl. If they were doing the job right in the first place, they wouldn't have to announce it at the service meeting that it is a " new" revelation: " Oh! Our brothers and sisters are so important ! " Fricking cult ! , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, is this for real? Even for JWs that sounds harsh. I guess the message has been given in more roundabout ways, but that is pretty direct. Of cours, you will notice that it isn't written down anywhere that will be archived officially-just here-which has no cred for any hardcore JW in 20 years (or 2) that missed the meeting and therefore will call you or any JW who remembers it-a liar.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Either this new Hounder Police state will die off after awhile or it will become
    enforced policy from the Hounders HQ in New York.

If it dies off, it ain't no big deal. Business as usual.

If it becomes enforced policy, elders will be avoided by the hounded. Their
    popularity will slip. Many will not want to be hounders. Certainly, many
    MS's will not want to step up to actually being full-time hounders.

I can't see the policy sticking for years. Elders will get lazy about followup.
    Publishers will get hounded and hate it, but will eventually be able to just tell
    the elders they are fine and to leave them alone. The JW's have been getting
    closer to a police state before, and it never worked. It won't work.

• 5go
    5go

Oh and I just remembered the brother said that some brothers are choosing to disfellowship the congregation by not attending.

I think they are trying to say something.

• JK666
    JK666

If there was a letter to the BOE's about this, a scanned copy would be nice from one of our "undercover elders," or at least confirmation that this came from Brooklyn.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit