I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yep, the kicker is the "obedience" clause, which they can get you for just about anything. I've been told that is specifically why I am shunned by former very close friends, it's not just that I don't go to meetings, (sigh), it's my "disobedience to the slave" in not attending meetings as declared by the patriarch of the family.

I have thought about this should the time come when I am confronted face to face on this issue. I've been taking the offensive stand with friends with the point I live in the USA and I can go and read and talk to whomever I damn well please. It's my right as a citizen. So far it's working with them, not sure how it will work with elders.

Every year there seems to be a veiled threat to faders coming down from corporate. I used to be worried; but from what I've seen in my area, the elders are way too busy with their lives, (work, family, congregation), to spend time looking for those who have quietly left. But anything can change.

• 5go
    5go
    The day they start dfing people for not attending meetings is the day more people will be leaving and they know that.

Depends on the target. I don't think they are going after any one attending regularly and missing a few here and there. It sounded like it was those that are not going but once a month to a year they are after.

If it is someone that isn't at the meetings much any way, most won't care. In fact they probably were already thinking that by their lack of attendance they were doing something bad already to warrant dfing anyway. When they get DFed most will assume they got caught doing something.

• logic
    logic

I agree with what some posters here said awhile back. The society is going to have a campaign to eliminate those who are not kissing their behinds. I always tell people who want to give me advise, that I don't think they are any better than I am , and if they think they are, then explain to me why. There is nothing funnier that someone trying to explain why they are better than you are.

Every visit I have had from the Elders just turned out bad for them. They couldn't wait to get out the door. I never let them off the hook. They all have the same or worse problems than I do. Financial problems , marital problems, kid problems , personality problems the list can go on and on. So I have always wondered why I need their advise. I like the saying ' if I need any crap from you I will scrape it off your teeth ' , it is a vulgar and okie saying , but it's how I feel about it. I've always felt that if people want advice they will usually ask for it. The elders think they have a right to force their ideas down your throat.

The elders read me two scriptures that didn,t even make any sense as to what they were wanting to say, then the rest of the time it was just their opinions. I never tell them anything about myself that they can use, and I don't let my feelings run away. I just try to keep the subject on them and they hate that.

I do believe that they are going to change everything to try get people like me, who doesn't go out in field service and very seldom attend meetings, out of the organization. The new watchtower is the start. The study articles are about being yielding, believe me they are going to get worse.

• sspo
    sspo

I would remind the elders to find a scripture to support 3 meetings a week.

A scripture to support turning your time and and be viewed " a good and faithful publisher" when you turn in your ten hours a months

and a scripture to back up all their rules and regulations that are not found in the bible.

• 5go
    5go
    I would remind the elders to find a scripture to support 3 meetings a week.

Or for that matter any meetings or whatever weekly gathering at a specific building. Paul only said to not forsake gathering together not go here and do this every week.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What about jws in nursing homes who can't get about?

What about people in hospitals?

Blondie, don't be silly. The elders will know that a JW is in a nursing home.
    They will not need to call on him to see why he doesn't come to the meetings.
    Why, if they did that, the elderly one might say, "Just you come and pick me up
    and I will go." Elders are far too busy for that. This might change if the elderly
    one forgets to report his 15 minutes of service. I am sure that someone checks
    on that 15 minutes report every month, so there's the shepherding.

People in hospitals- again, same story. They will only send an army of elders to
    visit if they think the person is waivering on the blood issue, otherwise, they might
    stop by for a brief visit on the weekend when they don't want to join the group in
    door-to-door service. Either way, they will get shepherded.

The depressed and those who can't easily get out of their own home- well, the
    elders will probably continue to ignore them as long as they turn in a service report.
    They will assume they keep up with the meetings via the telephone connection if it
    is available. But these are the ones that the Hounder Police force is supposed to
    help.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it is someone that isn't at the meetings much any way, most won't care. In fact they probably were already thinking that by their lack of attendance they were doing something bad already to warrant dfing anyway. When they get DFed most will assume they got caught doing something.

Yes, think like a doomsday cult. They keep using the mantra, "Wait on Jehovah."
    Well, here it is. They are cleaning up Jehovah's organization, so Jehovah is finally
    giving his attention to the weaker or double-life JW's. It has the added bonus of
    making it seem like doomsday is virtually almost certainly shortly arriving. There is
    this sudden need to get people activated or kick them out- must be virtually almost
    certainly shortly Jehovah's Day.

• 5go
    5go

Honestly the numbers might be getting so bad that they are thinking "what the hell they are going down either way. Let's get rid of and smear the baggage as much as possible" and may be in doing so they will reinstall the fear of the Governing Body God in them to the point they get back in line and shut up.

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

Here is my take, lets take the bait. We should all return to the Borg. And as soon as possible increase our LITERATURE order to say 50 Watchtower and Awake per issue and 10 to 20 books per month, but not CONTRIBUTE any money for them. This will hit them were it hurts the most, the pocket book. It wont take long and there will be a new LOCO NEEDS talk about giving freely. Gone

• 5go
    5go
    new LOCO NEEDS talk about giving freely

They just gave that one not long ago too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit