I think the noose just tightened a bit.

by 5go 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go
    I wonder how many you can miss? Can you never be sick? Can you never be out of town?

The elder giving the talk is out a lot. So I was thinking the start with thenselves first.

The only thing I grasped from it was they were not after you if you were missing a few. It was faders it sounded like they were after. The comment some are disfellowshipping the congregation (the society not the people inside is what it felt like he was trying to say) also triggered that feeling.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Back in the day, 20 some years ago, our congregation would announce at the end of the book study "such and such hasnt been attending the meetings, can I get a volunteer to call on them and encourage them?" Of course they had the congregation do the dirty work insted of the Elders doing their job!

I dont have to worry about it. Its been over 3 years since they df'd me, and I havent had one sheepherding call yet!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The entire 20 years I was a JW they were talking about doing more shepherding calls™ and talk is all they did. They never acted on all their worthless talk. I suspect elders hate doing shepherding calls™ just as much as everyone else hates getting them.

Why don't they just be honest with themselves and each other, and admit they don't "love one another" - hell, they don't even like each other - and stay the hell away from their stupid meetings? They would all be much happier.

W

• Quandry
    Quandry

The title was (gotta love the subtlety) "Even if you don't feel like it- Attend!"

It is just the wonderful way with words that I so remember.

Not "Please endevor to attend all meetings as we love to see you" or "Let's notice ones who are missing so that we may give them the help they need if they are ill."

No-just guilt, guilt, guilt. You can never do enough. Always made to feel "disobedient" if sick or take a vacation.

• blondie
    blondie

What about jws in nursing homes who can't get about?

What about people in hospitals?

If people aren't coming at all, how can the elders scare them.............it is not a DFing offense not to go to the meetings..........................there is nothing in print on it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah you can tell they are HURTING........... and that bulls*** 3% they claimed this year........ they KNOW that if they cant get EVERYONE to come back to their cult meetings they wont be able to do anything to fake that number next year.

what i find funny is i came from a congregation that when they were told they should be conducting sheparding calls made it a MONTHLY thing. the first sunday of every month they didnt send any brothers out to give talks......... and they had a local speaker....... and that evening they set up sheparding calls on a bookstudy by bookstudy basis........... so the bookstudy that meets and billy bobs house is the one we will target this week........... and it was the same study that cleaned the kingdum hell that month so it was easy to remember who was getting a call.

so the flock baked bribes lol and all the elders and ms met at 6 or 7 and went out to a publishers house or two depending upon time........... no real spiritual program to share just fellowship and trying to help them if they came forward with any issues. they always went to those with the weakest meeting attendance or those who were undergoing obvious problems......................so they could be the most help.

now... can any of you top this in a congregation? im gonna bet money you cant...... problem is this was EVERY month and it lasted probably 5 to 10 years......... so it was an expected standard........ then they got some new yokel co moron jackass................ he said the elders were to make sheparding calls ACCORDING TO NEED and were NOT to make it a monthly thing.

so this dumb co put an end to a program that could have in fact KEPT an entire congregation (less than 100 publishers) brainwashed and attending. after they were forced to END the montly sheparding calls........... sheparding calls pretty much ENDED unless you were all but out and nothing they said would matter to you.

thats a victory in my books, but i will admit it does show that some congregations stand out as way more loving that the norm.

• 5go
    5go
    If people aren't coming at all, how can the elders scare them.............it is not a DFing offense not to go to the meetings..........................there is nothing in print on it.

My hall has that covered phone attendance.

there is nothing in print on it.

Remember your not DFed for anything in print. You're are DFed for not obeying the elders and becoming a threat to the congregation Watchtower.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Creepy stuff, 5go...I hope the same sort of talk gets read in my hall....

• blondie
    blondie

The day they start dfing people for not attending meetings is the day more people will be leaving and they know that. Dfing is the final way they have of controlling people. But of course individual elder bodies can make their own rules.......

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

This is interesting, because an elder asked my wife if
    I would allow a visit from them. I was wondering why.
    This announcement would make sense.

Soooo..How is going to the meetings going to save me
    from Gods wrath? Especially if my thoughts about the
    borg and there belief system are not going to change.

5go thanks for the post.

DV

PS WTwizard you made me LMAO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit