Well, The Elders & Circuit Overseer Came By Tonight To See If We Are Celeb.

by Lady Liberty 110 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If I was standing next to these idiots, I would have been peeing icicles. Whatever God you believe is ROFL his head off and loving every minute of it. Well done. Merry Christmas to you and all the WT lurkers.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I also wanted to say that I think Lady Liberty handled this very well under pressure and that in my opinion bringing up the pedophile issue was a smart move.It keeps such an important matter at the forefront and will hopefully make the impression, to some at least, that while the WT concentrates on straining out the gnat (like holidays) they ignore the weightier matters of the Law such as Justice, Mercy and Faithfulness.

This is exactly why I will never go back, I didn't sign up to be the Society's hitman, I was there to be a Shepherd but they wanted me to strangle the sheep.I saw quite a bit during my years as a Witness and Elder and sadly this account is not the least bit surprising.While I have met many reasonable CO's in the past and had a good relationship with them, I did notice that not long before I left the CO's being sent out were increasingly arrogant and even more dogmatic than before.Still, even the kindest CO is expected to carry out the WT's orders.Sooner or later their conscience has to catch up to them,,if not, one has to ask:Why ?

• bobld
    bobld

I enjoyed you post,good for you for standing firm on your principles."Sometimes we just have to wait...don't we." What happenrd to call back right away when someone has a question?Oh, wait for new light from the old fading GB.1914 gone.1925 gone,1935 gone 1975 gone,1995 gone.2000 gone,2007 new light soon to be gone.

Doesn't happen in Jehovah's Organization..Satan liers they have done a good job of covering it up to their own people.However, more and more people, law suits,internet and news media are waking up to their tricks.

Bob

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Breaking Away,

WELCOME to the forum! We are happy to have you here! I appreciate your comments regarding how many are abused. We look forward to more of your posts!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Octarian Prince,

Welcome to the forum to you too! We also apprciated your comments! Keep them coming!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

awesome LL and BP............... merry christmas

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think it's awesome that you are honest and upfront and not willing to sacrifice anything in life just to keep the peace. I just want you to be emotionally prepared for the ugliness that is just about to happen. They might run a JC without you there. Be ready for some ugly conversations with JW family; don't go on the defence, just go for the long-term plan, which is for everybody to live and let live.

I don't know what it is about witness parents who think that throwing their children away will bring their children closer to them. How can anybody be that deluded and manipulative? I've just tracked down a friend I had at age 16 who was df'd and thrown out on the street at that age. Her stupid parents thought they were doing her a favour and she's been to hell and back since. My parents call it Tough Love. It hasn't worked out for them either.

If your parents (or in-laws) can't change their role in your lives from Parent to Friend, they won't have a role in your lives, and that's their own choice. They have lived their lives and made their choices. Now it's your turn. Live well, Lady!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I was just wondering what happened "to the rest of the story." Now, we know. Skeeter

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Lisa,

Your experience with the CO and elder was worth every minute of every hour that went into obtaining all the court records for the nine lawsuits which the WT settled out-of-court last February-March; and the time spent writing up the Commentary that went with the documents in the "Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion" CD; plus, all the time spent working with the NBC producer who put together such an outstanding segment shown on NBC Nightly News about the pedophile cover-up within the WT organization. I was just thrilled when I read your words and to see how empowered the information made you and how the CO lost his power over you because of it. In addition, your powerful experience has empowered others to do the same. WT can attack the messengers, but they can't attack the documents. Hence, they have lost the argument!

A bit of clarification is needed regarding where the figure of 23,000-plus names of child molesters came from which supposedly is found in a data-base file that the WTS has been keeping. That figure did not originate with me and I don't believe that I have ever stated that number in any of my writings. The number came from Bill Bowen and is found on his website, www.silentlambs.org.

I always knew that the Society had to have thousands of names of molesters in their files, especially when I personally knew of about 18 cases of molestation reported to the Society that were common knowledge among JWs during a period of ten years in three congregations in the area where I live now. That number did not include any accusations or confessions that might have been made during those same years which would have remained confidential because there weren't two witnesses or a confession, and then secretly recorded in congregational blue envelopes and stashed in those three congregation's file cabinets.

Therefore, multiply that figure of 18 by the number of congregations in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. and the number would exceed 23,000, although I take into account that there are some congregations that probably have few such accusations or cases.

But back to where the number of 23,000 in question came from: Bill Bowen told me a few years ago that two people at different times reported that number to him. I remember a little bit of what Bill told me about the whistle-blowers, but it is really his story and he should be the one to ask about his data-base figure.

WT spokesperson, J. R. Brown, verified that there was such a pedophile data-base in his letter to the BBC when they were doing their WT pedophile story, but he said the figure wasn't that high. Anyway, the fact that he verified that they did have such a data-base file was very important to the BBC's story. BTW, a copy of that letter from J. R. Brown to the BBC can be found in the "Secrets" CD Commentary.

Barbara

• Warlock
    Warlock
    But the CO pointed his finger at me and said, "We are NOT going to have this conversation!!"

But he was perfectly willing to have the other one concerning Christmas, wasn't he?

I probably will never celebrate Christmas again in my life, but the issue of child molesters in the congregation is 1000% more important than someone celebrating Christmas. I'm glad you gave HIM something to think about.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit