Well, The Elders & Circuit Overseer Came By Tonight To See If We Are Celeb.

by Lady Liberty 110 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I stopped by the KH when I saw your post, sister. I checked the dosier that they are forming to disfellowship you en abstensia. I found this photo. I don't think you can get away with such blatant pagan devices and lights.

I tried to burn the picture - but it would not even smolder. Methinks the demunz have taken over the picture due to all the evil that was photographed.

Jeff

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

You ROCK sister! Even though I have pretty much faded away, the locals don't even know of my existance, I sometimes wonder if i too might receve a visit such as yours. I have an older son that only comes around when I invite him. He know doubt knows that my never been a jw wife celebrates the holidays. That would be my answer to the Gestappo. However, you really have emboldened and empowered me for the enevitable confrontation. Thank you ever so dearly friend.

• freydi
    freydi

This pedophile thing they are not going to be able to shake. Chronology and misinterpretations are things that can be debated, but moral depravity, top to bottom, real or imagined, while claiming purity as God's spokesman, is just flat out hypocrisy that makes them no different than any of the other daughters of Babylon, with the UN-NGO thing being the frosting on the cake.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Don't they just hate it when someone stands up to them. Especially someone who knows a few facts about them.

Elders, CO's etc are all so used to having their own way with their meek and timid JW brothers and sisters.

They can't get over the shock that someone actually talked back at them.

They wouldn't care how many Christmas lights or trees you had.

Its that you showed them "disrepect" as "Jehovahs representatives" that gets to them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The next time I sit captive to an Assembly message, I'm going to resurrect that image of a Circuit Overseer scurrying off your lawn, frantically avoiding an ugly truth.

It's not all gladhanding and kissing babies in CO world.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

How much better it would have been if the CO and the elder had been more Christ-like. "We just stopped by to let you know that while last year the frosty incident was handled very poorly, we hope to reconcile our attitude and yours in a Christ-like manner--putting his interests first and not ourselves." After creating the incident, can their hands be free and can they sit on a judicial committee and judge?

Clyde

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Ahhh....false prophets should not throw eggs!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Lady Liberty,

When he said "Are you celebrating Christmas? " your reply made me laugh and you should have said " my you catch on quick how come you haven't caught on to the Watchtower lies already ?"

When I read your post it made think ,just who do they think they are strolling around with self inflated egos with such arrogance as well.

Make em have it!

Good on yer!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Your decorations sound gorgeous!

The cuircut overseer said, "So are you celebrating Christmas??" (Ahh...no shit Shirlock!!)

ROFLMFAO!!

Also I LOVE Thomas covenants reply - no these arent christmas decorations just a few lights to try and attract your attention so we can have that discussion about 607!

How absolutely rude, cocky and arrogant of the CO to give you a flip answer 'sometimes we just have to wait' - thats not an answer, thats a cocky smart alec comeback that takes the issue nowhere and solves nothing. ASSHOLE.

Well done you - and have a very merry christmas!

• Undecided
    Undecided

My brother and his wife was D'fed for decorating for Christmas. His wife did the decorating and he didn't stop her, so they D'fed both of them. He said he would rather have his wife than the borg. He felt guilty until I let him read C of C, then he was OK with it. We have been closer since his being D'fed than we ever were as JWs. I'm still not D'fed but have been faded for 30 years. My worldly wife and I decorate for Christmas but no one has said anything to me about.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit